Page 647 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1475475976376436446456466476486496506516576977471147 ... LastLast
Results 9,691 to 9,705 of 20948

I'd rather Rather than Cage, but I guess the novelty factor of a live-action appearance might trump all else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    We were this close to Marlon Wayans as a Dick/Todd hybrid back in the Burton/Shumacher toyetic days!
    They really liked combining Jason with other Robins around then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    They asked Nic Cage to do the CW Crisis and he asked for too much money. I'm guessing that won't be a problem for the Flashpoint movie. Their catering budget is larger than the CW Crisis's entire SFX budget.
    Damn, CW shows must be cheap if they can't afford Cage.

to be honest, not really feeling the novelty for bringing in whatcouldabeen multiverse castings like Nic Cage Superman or Tom Cruise Iron Man. Don't get me wrong, I wish that Cage Superman movie happened as much as anyone, good or bad it'd be way more memorable than any of the other meh films thats actually happened under Singer and Snyder. But it didn't happen. So it's a gimmick without nostalgia or familiarity. Which is like the whole fun/appeal of getting Keaton, Carter, Maquire, Garfield etc back in these multiverse romps.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    to be honest, not really feeling the novelty for bringing in whatcouldabeen multiverse castings like Nic Cage Superman or Tom Cruise Iron Man. Don't get me wrong, I wish that Cage Superman movie happened as much as anyone, good or bad it'd be way more memorable than any of the other meh films thats actually happened under Singer and Snyder. But it didn't happen. So it's a gimmick without nostalgia or familiarity. Which is like the whole fun/appeal of getting Keaton, Carter, Maquire, Garfield etc back in these multiverse romps.
    Yeah, I think it would be a cheap stunt that weakens the integrity of the movie.

It already seems like an overcooked studio-meddled project to begin with.

Nostalgia is the next big gimmick in Hollywood
    It was only a matter of time before super hero genre pictures began milking it

It isn't a big deal to see what amounts to a stan lee cameo is it?

My big thing is whether any of this has any business being in the first Flash movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Nostalgia is the next big gimmick in Hollywood
    It was only a matter of time before super hero genre pictures began milking it

It isn't a big deal to see what amounts to a stan lee cameo is it?
    Next? It’s been their gimmick for a while now. Look at all the reboots and sequels we get nowadays. Hollywood rarely greenlights new material anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My big thing is whether any of this has any business being in the first Flash movie.
    No it shouldn’t have been but it’s too late now and Ezra is unbearable as Flash anyway, might as well minimize him as much as possible.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-03-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Next? It’s been their gimmick for a while now. Look at all the reboots and sequels we get nowadays. Hollywood rarely greeenlights new material anymore.
    The concept of remaking films is about as old as commercial film, with milking the same franchise as long as possible is about as old art itself. Classic films like Wizard of Oz and Ben-Hur are both themselves remakes of silent films, not to mention each is an adaptation of popular books.

There's nothing new under the sun. Perhaps there never was.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    The crux of this would be if it DOES happen. If we do see Nic Cage as Superman in a Flash movie, I want a spin off movie series with Nic Cage being the late night B movie Superman. I also want Keaton to do Batman again, and not 'he's old and training a new kid' but just straight up 'he's an older Batman'.

If it's just dumb cameos, I 100% agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Damn, CW shows must be cheap if they can't afford Cage.
    Nic Cage just likes doing late night genre movies, doesn't mean he's going to slum it on the CW. He's not in deep need of work by any stretch.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I share this thought my friend.

There is an argument to be made that the multiverse is a big Flash attraction, but I doubt it should come in the first movie - let alone overwhelm the story with bloated gimmicky cameos that are sure to overshadow the Flash himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Nic Cage just likes doing late night genre movies, doesn't mean he's going to slum it on the CW. He's not in deep need of work by any stretch.
    Sounds like CW shows .
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I share this thought my friend.

There is an argument to be made that the multiverse is a big Flash attraction, but I doubt it should come in the first movie - let alone overwhelm the story with bloated gimmicky cameos that are sure to overshadow the Flash himself.
    It just boggles the mind that we've heard more about what DC heroes are going to guest star in this film over what actual parts of The Flash mythos are going to be in it, other than he's getting a more Flash-like costume and presumably is trying to save his mother again.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Next? It’s been their gimmick for a while now. Look at all the reboots and sequels we get nowadays. Hollywood rarely greenlights new material anymore.

No it shouldn’t have been but it’s too late now and Ezra is unbearable as Flash anyway, might as well minimize him as much as possible.
    Because you have to PAY someone for that idea. Which is why most choose to dig into what they have ownership over and go from there. Even if it means putting a name on it that has ZERO relation to the film.

Lets say Dc wants to do a Spider-man film with Miles Morales. You will say they really can't. Actually they can.

They have a black guy running around with spider in his name-Black Spider. One of his versions had a son. Age son up and have him takeover for Daddy. You got your Spiderman film with a black kid. He does not have Miles powers, he got his suit from Daddy and he's a blank SLATE.

Or the mess we saw with Jem-that was nothing more than a Hannah Montana movie in disguise.
    Or 21 Jump Street.

Sounds like CW shows
    Very different audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Very different audience.
    I think there's more overlap than you'd expect .