Page 699 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1995996496896956966976986997007017027037097497991199 ... LastLast
Results 10,471 to 10,485 of 20948

Snyder's Darkseid, armored up:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    https://discussingfilm.net/2021/01/1...cs-black-adam/

Quintessa talks about the character of Cyclone and Black Adam movie almost by the end of the interview.
    She seems enthusiastic .

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I mean, some of the flaws about "not my Superman!" are down to Cavill's wooden performance (not that I blame him too much, he did what he was told) not lending itself to a Superman people are going to be overly attached to. Poor/underwhelming acting is used to determine quality in films.
    What Cavill's performance has to do with Superman killing Zod or being called angry psychopath when Luthor threatened to kill his mother? You are trying really hard to ignore the elephant in the room and I don't really get why you are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    My point was the perceived filmmaking flaws were secondary to "It's not my Superman!" or "Batman is a psychotic murderer!" Had the same flaws been made in a cookie-cutter superhero film, they wouldn't have been stressed here ad nauseum.

Would I made the films the same way myself? Nope. They would have been closer to MCU movies (but without the inappropriate humor), but I can accept the Snyderverse as an Elseworld-style universe.
    Snyder invited harsher criticism by saying that his films are “more mature” and “for adults”. He wants his stuff to be taken more seriously, and that’s fine, but it also means critics are going to examine it with a more critical eye. And frankly being an Elseworld doesn’t just excuse every dumb decision. As stories in and of themselves his movies still fail for a variety of reasons. You can see that most strongly with how people reacted to Superman dying in BvS. The majority did not care at all, people made fun of the movie afterwards, not just critics but the general audience. The animated movie got a much stronger emotional reaction, despite lots of people disliking that take on Superman as well.
    Last edited by Vordan; 01-20-2021 at 01:28 AM.

Critics loved the Joker movie and gave it all the awards. Outside of Black Panther, they don't even acknowledge the other Marvel movies.

Snyder just isn't able to make the kind of movies that he thinks he is making. You could have all the dark, gritty aesthetics in the world but with all depth of a puddle. To use an analogy, if Nolan is Alan Moore with the TDK trilogy being the 'Watchmen/Killing Joke' then Snyder is the Rob Liefeld of comic book film making. You get all the gore, violence, dark aesthetics, attempted commentary but none of it really sticks.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Critics loved the Joker movie and gave it all the awards. Outside of Black Panther, they don't even acknowledge the other Marvel movies. .
    But that met the expectations for the Clown Prince of Crime, though it would have been amusing to read reviews of the same exact film during the Cesar Romero era. Man, that would have been trashed to high heaven.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    What Cavill's performance has to do with Superman killing Zod or being called angry psychopath when Luthor threatened to kill his mother? You are trying really hard to ignore the elephant in the room and I don't really get why you are doing it.
    Because Cavill is acting in those scenes and his performance in the films is not that varied? It seems pretty obvious.

Is the elephant in the room bias against tone or something? Because tone and character changes aren't the only thing being criticized. If anyone is ignoring the elephant in the room, it's you. Like John Venus said, you can do whatever you want in an adaptation and still execute it poorly with all the depth of a puddle
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 01-20-2021 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So the Snyder Cut is apparently no longer a 4 part mini series but one 4.5 hour movie.
    oO

... BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAAA!

Snyders good fight against ADHD review culture?

I mean I personally look forward to it but... oh boy it will get shredded to no end.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She seems enthusiastic .
    Yeah, I like the fact that they asked people about the character of Cyclone to learn more about her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Critics loved the Joker movie and gave it all the awards. Outside of Black Panther, they don't even acknowledge the other Marvel movies.

Snyder just isn't able to make the kind of movies that he thinks he is making. You could have all the dark, gritty aesthetics in the world but with all depth of a puddle. To use an analogy, if Nolan is Alan Moore with the TDK trilogy being the 'Watchmen/Killing Joke' then Snyder is the Rob Liefeld of comic book film making. You get all the gore, violence, dark aesthetics, attempted commentary but none of it really sticks.
    Oh, that's cold...

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

HBO Max Reaches 37.7M, Including 17.2M "Activated," Subscribers

The final few weeks of 2020 proved invaluable for WarnerMedia's HBO Max. The streaming service, buoyed by an eight-months-in-the-making distribution deal with Roku and the Christmas Day release of Wonder Woman 1984, ended the year with 17.17 million activated users, twice as many as at the start of the fourth quarter, AT&T disclosed on Wednesday.

HBO Max now reaches 37.665 million total subscribers. That compares with 28.7 million subscribers, including 8.6 million activated users, as of the end of September.

Combined, HBO and HBO Max had 41.5 million U.S. subscribers as of the end of 2020, compared with 38.0 million as of the end of September.

"The release of Wonder Woman 1984 helped drive our domestic HBO Max and HBO subscribers to more than 41 million, a full two years faster than our initial forecast," said AT&T CEO John Stankey.

Full article: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...scriber-update

So number of activated users doubled?

Is 'the tone of the movie' still an excuse for why BvS and Justice League reviewing poorly? It's not like we haven't had several dark cbm movies in the last few years that reviewed well (Joker, Logan) and it's also not like almost every Snyder movie regardless of genre reviews poorly. Was Sucker Punch's RT score also a result of biased critics?

People expect dark stuff from Joker and Logan. People want sunshine and rainbows from Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    HBO Max Reaches 37.7M, Including 17.2M "Activated," Subscribers

The final few weeks of 2020 proved invaluable for WarnerMedia's HBO Max. The streaming service, buoyed by an eight-months-in-the-making distribution deal with Roku and the Christmas Day release of Wonder Woman 1984, ended the year with 17.17 million activated users, twice as many as at the start of the fourth quarter, AT&T disclosed on Wednesday.

HBO Max now reaches 37.665 million total subscribers. That compares with 28.7 million subscribers, including 8.6 million activated users, as of the end of September.

Combined, HBO and HBO Max had 41.5 million U.S. subscribers as of the end of 2020, compared with 38.0 million as of the end of September.

"The release of Wonder Woman 1984 helped drive our domestic HBO Max and HBO subscribers to more than 41 million, a full two years faster than our initial forecast," said AT&T CEO John Stankey.

Full article: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...scriber-update
    That's not a good number
    HBO Max would be getting slaughtered if it was released globally and didn't cost double what most other streaming services cost

They talked about this elsewhere from people with inside friends and said the numbers were not good and wb is really let down by ww84 hbo max numbers and hbo max subs in general!

They are getting cbs all access numbers and want disney plus numbers and are not happy.

This is the real reason they pushed up kong vs godzilla and paid those millions to legendery to put it on max!