Page 926 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4268268769169229239249259269279289299309369761026 ... LastLast
Results 13,876 to 13,890 of 20948
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Brendan Fraser doesn't spring to mind when I think Firefly, but at the same it's awesome he's making a comeback in general so this is good news.

I wonder if they'll go full Arkham with the design:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'll go full Arkham with the design:
    If it's not like the one from The Batman than I'm boycotting this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Well, mine is black and yellow and also has a rocket pack .

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

That show had so many cool and unique designs.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Well that sucks, I didn't even know I wanted this until now.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Holy ****, a DC movie that doesn't star Superman/Batman and it sounds like the makers actually like and understand the characters! I'm more excited now for Black Adam. Especially like the fact that they are playing Hawkman and Dr Fate as the elder statesmen with millennia of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    There’s a pretty great Black Manta mini series on the shelves right now.
    I'll second that. Got the first issue the other day and it's quality. Definitely worth reading.

And I'm not going to assume The Trench movie was dropped because it had a black lead. I'll assume it was dropped because WB has no consistency or follow-through and can barely get something like Flash off the ground.

I'm hopeful that Black Adam is a good film, I trust Dwayne Johnson a lot more than I trust WB/DC and this is a passion project of his, so the odds of it being good are higher than usual. Aquaman and Shazam 2 might both be worthwhile; the first entries were solid enough, but I think it'll depend on how much WB sticks their noses into things. I said after the first Wonder Woman that I feared WB, which ignored the first film and assumed it'd fail, would see the success and then interfere and ruin the sequel. And I don't know who was responsible for it, but the sequel was....not good, I'm told. So I dunno how much faith I got for Aquaman and Shazam 2.
    Last edited by Ascended; 10-25-2021 at 06:57 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'll second that. Got the first issue the other day and it's quality. Definitely worth reading.

And I'm not going to assume The Trench movie was dropped because it had a black lead. I'll assume it was dropped because WB has no consistency or follow-through and can barely get something like Flash off the ground.

I'm hopeful that Black Adam is a good film, I trust Dwayne Johnson a lot more than I trust WB/DC and this is a passion project of his, so the odds of it being good are higher than usual. Aquaman and Shazam 2 might both be worthwhile; the first entries were solid enough, but I think it'll depend on how much WB sticks their noses into things. I said after the first Wonder Woman that I feared WB, which ignored the first film and assumed it'd fail, would see the success and then interfere and ruin the sequel. And I don't know who was responsible for it, but the sequel was....not good, I'm told. So I dunno how much faith I got for Aquaman and Shazam 2.
    Unfortunately, it seems that a lot of the blame for Wonder Woman 2 falls on Patty. She's stated that WB was pretty hands-off and let her do what she wanted with the sequel. The end result was terrible. So I wouldn't be surprised if there are more suits involved with the third movie.

It's nice to see someone that actually appreciates and "gets" Hawkman.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Holy ****, a DC movie that doesn't star Superman/Batman and it sounds like the makers actually like and understand the characters! I'm more excited now for Black Adam. Especially like the fact that they are playing Hawkman and Dr Fate as the elder statesmen with millennia of experience.
    Yeah, I'm liking that.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Apparently, it was dropped because Aquaman 2 was a priority for Wan over The Trench.

Aquaman spinoff The Trench, which Noah Gardner and Aidan Fitzgerald were penning for James Wan possibly to helm. I hear The Trench is shelved due to Wan’s busy schedule with Aquaman 2

https://deadline.com/2021/04/new-god...ay-1234726401/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Apparently, it was dropped because Aquaman 2 was a priority for Wan over The Trench.
    So is this WB's fault for not willing to shop it to another director?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is this WB's fault for not willing to shop it to another director?
    All we heard from fans for two years: "Who asked for the Trench? We want MOS 2!"
    Well, now you're not getting either of them. But, the company walked backwards to put out the Snyder Cut.

Not worth it, in my opinion.