Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The SM's appearance is a close-up/zoom-in of his torso/chest.

Is The Rock really hyping a few secs of SM's chest as a SM's cameo? Or we should just watch this thing in theater this Oct. to see if there's more past this close-up saved as a surprise.
    It's not like WB would ever let the like of Randolph, Walsh or place like 4chan or Reddit ruining such reveal.

Surprise or not, either way, after BA in Oct., WBD or the people that made the movie will address the who's playing SM thing one way or another.

Just wait their official statement.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    So I take it your not a fan of the like 80+ years of Superman's history?
    Depends on what you mean by 80 plus year.there countless versions of superman.90s,2000s,..etc(pre flashpoint) haven't been able to grab me as much..The kansas farmboy thing ain't 80 year old.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-03-2022 at 08:34 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Depends on what you mean by 80 plus year.there countless versions of superman.90s,2000s,..etc(pre flashpoint) haven't been able to grab me as much..The kansas farmboy thing ain't 80 year old.
    Superman must evolve though over time. Superman kind of has to be current with the times but not lose his history with it.

Having Superman be any other way outside of a guy from Kansas, raised by Ma and Pa Kent, goes to Metropolis, gets a job at the Daily Planet, becomes a reporter, puts on the suit, flys around as the #1 hero, smiles, saves people, becomes a leader. If you want anything other than that well that is just not Superman then. That is a Elseworlds tale you are looking for.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Mighty Member

Anyone tell me. Please...what happens if we get a Superman punching bag? You guys really want that? I sure dont.
    Like already indicated, DCEU Superman would be just as pathetic as the DCEU Justice League if that happens.

Superman is the face of DC. He should be that way on screen. Just like The Batman. Give Superman the same treatment and respect.
    Or how about just finally stopping with this kind of ****, and just give all superheroes a respectful portrayal?
    Last edited by Rightoya; 07-03-2022 at 09:03 AM.

Superman must evolve though over time. Superman kind of has to be current with the times but not lose his history with it.

Having Superman be any other way outside of a guy from Kansas, raised by Ma and Pa Kent, goes to Metropolis, gets a job at the Daily Planet, becomes a reporter, puts on the suit, flys around as the #1 hero, smiles, saves people, becomes a leader. If you want anything other than that well that is just not Superman then. That is a Elseworlds tale you are looking for.
    As if those terminologies mean anything..elseworld,main world,side world, upside-down world.. A story is a story.. It's primary function is to entertain people, with some truths and some lessons (not necessary..just an option).

Well,that would make max Fleischer superman,action comics #1 superman,radio show superman and a whole lot of other supermen,not superman.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-03-2022 at 09:15 AM.

As if those terminologies mean anything..elseworld,main world,side world, upside-down world.. A story is a story.. It's primary function is to entertain people, with some truths and some lessons (not necessary..just an option).

Well,that would make max Fleischer superman,action comics #1 superman,radio show superman and a whole lot of other supermen,not superman.
    Ha...you have a point. I just want to see a good Superman film. That is all.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Is The Rock really hyping a few secs of SM's chest as a SM's cameo? Or we should just watch this thing in theater this Oct. to see if there's more past this close-up saved as a surprise.
    It's not like WB would ever let the like of Randolph, Walsh or place like 4chan or Reddit ruining such reveal.

Surprise or not, either way, after BA in Oct., WBD or the people that made the movie will address the who's playing SM thing one way or another.

Dwayne Johnson the best WB hype man .

What would people do if Cavill does show up as Superman?! Ha id love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dwayne Johnson the best WB hype man .
    lol

People will go after him if the SM's close up isn't followed by a full reveal of Cavill as Superman, and him talking. That's a cameo, not a chest.

What would people do if Cavill does show up as Superman?! Ha id love it.
    The Rock and the other producers wanted him as SM. I don't know, we'll see in Oct. officially.

lol

People will go after him if the SM's close up isn't followed by a full reveal of Cavill as Superman, and him talking. That's a cameo, not a chest.

The Rock and the other producers wanted him as SM. I don't know, we'll see in Oct. officially.
    you sure seem like you can smell what the rock is cookin... i sure as hell don't.i do wonder if cavill returning can make splash.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-03-2022 at 10:09 AM.

you sure seem like you can smell what the rock is cookin... i sure as hell don't.
    The producers of BA are Henry's friends and his manager. They would've pushed to get him in the role. Sure, **** could've happened and Cavill dropping from the role at the 11th hour lead The Rock to settle for a chest cameo. We couldn't know before Oct.

i do wonder if cavill returning can make splash.
    If they are really saving a reveal for the theater, I'd say they think it will.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-03-2022 at 10:19 AM.

If they are really saving a reveal for the theater, I'd say they think it will.
    It would be so cool to see a big reveal like the new Superman or Cavill back in the suit.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't think that you can really do Black Adam vs Superman if Superman is played by a new guy who isn't a big star. And well, big star probably isn't going to sign up for being Supergirl's sidekick and Adam's punching bag.

If it is new guy playing Superman who hasn't done big business before then there won't be that much hype behind the fight/movie. You can make an argument that Cavill isn't a big star either, but he has at least been established as Superman + his coming back would generate some additional hype as well.
    I really don't think that it would generate hype him returning - he's not exactly beloved in the role. As for the whole Black Adam vs Superman movie, I think that it's a lot like Batman v Superman - it doesn't matter who is in the role of Superman, the whole draw is just the Rock vs Superman. I don't think that most audiences are going to care if Cavill returns for it or he's recast, and Cavill's played hardball too long I think for the studio to think he's worth bringing back. So I think that they would still recast for that.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't think that you can really do Black Adam vs Superman if Superman is played by a new guy who isn't a big star. And well, big star probably isn't going to sign up for being Supergirl's sidekick and Adam's punching bag.

If it is new guy playing Superman who hasn't done big business before then there won't be that much hype behind the fight/movie. You can make an argument that Cavill isn't a big star either, but he has at least been established as Superman + his coming back would generate some additional hype as well.
    That's true. Some up and coming rando actor in a Superman costume isn't going to generate much excitement. It would need to be a big name star or Cavill returning to the role. The Rock's Black Adam fighting some no name dressed as Superman won't put butts in the seats.

Cavill may not be a huge star but in the age of Marvel movies being interconnected in every way, having an actor who has portrayed a character in a previous film show up means something to the average moviegoer.

If it's not Cavill himself in the cameo, I can definitely see it being just the chest symbol or his silhouette. They would probably wait to introduce the new actor playing Supes in the Supergirl movie. Then once the new person has been established in the role, they will have something to hype for the Black Adam sequel. But having yet another faceless cameo will elicit lots of eyerolls from fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    But having yet another faceless cameo will elicit lots of eyerolls from fans.
    100% Agreed.