Page 999 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4998999499899959969979989991000100110021003100910491099 ... LastLast
Results 14,971 to 14,985 of 20948

love Batman as much as the next guy but a 5 minute intermissions somewhere in the backhalf of 3 hour movies wouldn't be underapreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Batman's 1st clip:

Man, Bruce seems pretty out of it up until the car barrels towards the kid...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, Bruce seems pretty out of it up until the car barrels towards the kid...
    He’s just exhausted from all that VENGEANCE and RAGE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    He’s just exhausted from all that VENGEANCE and RAGE!!!
    Can we not throw this knock against the movie just yet? People acting like that's such a bad thing.

I'm really excited for Batgirl! You guys think there will be a Joker post-credit scene where he walks up to her apartment door?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I'm really excited for Batgirl! You guys think there will be a Joker post-credit scene where he walks up to her apartment door?
    This is a joke, right?

Batgirl's first live-action appearance (Barbara Gordon, not whoever was in Batman and Robin) in her own solo flick, and you really think they're going to have this feminist tale end with her being physically and sexually assaulted and paralyzed???

Wow.
    Last edited by Shimbo; 01-23-2022 at 01:14 PM.

Well, it's probably one of the most easily things to parody about Batman .

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    This is a joke, right?

Batgirl's first live-action appearance (Barbara Gordon, not whoever was in Batman and Robin) in her own solo flick, and you really think they're going to have this feminist tale end with her being physically and sexually assaulted and paralyzed???

Wow.
    Yeah, that would be dreadful. I honestly never want to see that storyline again if I can help it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Also what Joker? If all is right with the world tattooed roided up MMA Joker will be rebooted out of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Also what Joker? If all is right with the world tattooed roided up MMA Joker will be rebooted out of existence.
    Would you accept Jesus Joker over MMA Joker?

I’m assuming Leto Joker is gone with Affleck but you never know. Could always recast the role I guess but man will it be weird to have Keaton Batman in a world with a younger Joker.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m assuming Leto Joker is gone with Affleck but you never know. Could always recast the role I guess but man will it be weird to have Keaton Batman in a world with a younger Joker.
    Tbh, guys, I don't know if I'm buying the rumor that they are actually erasing Ben Affleck's Batman from canon or that they're completely erasing Superman, either. They might kill the former off, but I don't necessarily see them erasing Betfleck from continuity, especially in the wake of the magazine cover leaks from the Batgirl set, one of which directly references the events of Batman v. Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    This is a joke, right?

Wow.
    This might be somewhat controversial to say, but I think we desperately need some nuance when it comes to the Killing Joke/Oracle discussion because there seems to be a lot of confusion over what actually is and isn't objectionable about Barbara Gordon's evolution as a character, so somebody needs to say it.

So, here's the thing about the Killing Joke: the mere fact that Barbara is paralyzed is not really what's problematic about that story. The problematic aspect of TKJ is that the fact of her assault is used as motivation for Batman to go after Joker, while Barbara is largely ignored for the rest of the story.

A protagonist being subjected to physical or psychological injury is...kind of common in superhero stories. Some may say it's the entire point of superhero stories. How many times have heroes had to overcome severe physical pain to stop the bad guy or suffer severe injury and seemingly be down for the count? More times than we can count.

But again, the reason why it's an issue in TKJ is because of the fact that all of that happens to Barbara and then the story takes the focus off of her.

That being said, how Barbara's character developed in the years that followed, showing her as someone who, in the wake of her paralysis, still maintained her position in the Bat-family and (arguably) increased her role in the wider DC Universe as Oracle was a testament to the strength of her character.

And furthermore, it was a positive example of representation for people with disabilities. And the way that they kind of cavalierly scrapped her Oracle identity and returned her to the Batgirl role during the New 52 was pretty ableist. It was basically like DC was saying "who could ever be useful while they're in a wheelchair?" forgetting that there are millions of people who are in wheelchairs and that literally 26% of Americans (i.e. over a quarter) have a disability.

So, all this to say that, even if they did decide to adapt the Killing Joke for the DCEU, it wouldn't necessarily be anti-feminist, as long as the focus remained on Barbara and how she overcame the adversity as opposed to shifting the focus to one of her male counterparts. And if Barbara was then able to mentor a young Stephanie Brown or Cassandra Cain to take up the mantle of Batgirl, while she took on her Oracle identity and formed the Birds of Prey with Jurnee Smollett's Black Canary, well I don't know if that would be the worst thing in the world.

Either way, though, I think that should be much further down the line.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 01-23-2022 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Tbh, guys, I don't know if I'm buying the rumor that they are actually erasing Ben Affleck's Batman from canon or that they're completely erasing Superman, either. They might kill the former off, but I don't necessarily see them erasing Betfleck from continuity, especially in the wake of the magazine cover leaks from the Batgirl set, one of which directly references the events of Batman v. Superman.
    It's more than a rumor, he's definitely erased.

He had tattoos, but his skinny ass wasn't roided up and he never did MMA. It was an awful enough take without making stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Dude that doesn’t matter at all, it’s just an Easter egg at best. They didn’t even spell LuthOR right (and the continuity is still wrong because Lex should’ve escape from Arkham by the time of Batgirl), you can’t take a magazine prop that the general audience is unlikely to even notice as somehow proving which films are in continuity. Besides WB doesn’t always keep all their directors in the loop, James Gunn and The Rock don’t even know who the current DCEU Superman will be, Sandberg seemed surprised that Shazam might be in The Flash, WB doesn’t run a tight ship.

Every major leaker is all saying the same thing. There’s supposedly a showing of The Flash that will happen this week and let us know for sure, but otherwise it looks pretty definitive that this movie will erase the Snyderverse.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/