Page 548 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 484484985385445455465475485495505515525585986481048 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Whedon is in directors jail for a whole other reason
    If he crossed the line again on set I don't see him coming back to do another big budget movie with that baggage

So far the only thing I know that Whedon was definitely behind was the WW boobs gag that Gal Gadot didn't want to film since her stunt double did go on record about that. If there's a more abusive story behind why she didn't want to film that scene then I think there's more blame to go around.
    Whedon did that scene in Age of Ultron, too (Banner falling into Widow's cleavage), and I'm not certain, but it doesn't seem as though Scarlett filmed that scene either.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Whedon did that scene in Age of Ultron, too (Banner falling into Widow's cleavage), and I'm not certain, but it doesn't seem as though Scarlett filmed that scene either.
    I forgot he repeated himself...and with the same boob gag. Huh .

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm more disappointed in Johns for enabling this abuse (depending on how factual we're talking here) than entirely surprised about Whedon.

We already have his ex-wife's take down of him and his firing of Charisma Carpenter. That doesn't mean this is true or one-sided, but it does make you wonder a bit. I will be very curious to see how many other actors add to this, even going back to the BtVS days. I don't get the vibe that Gellar was wild about him towards the end.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I forgot he repeated himself...and with the same boob gag. Huh .

The Whedonisms were totally there. Joss Whedon, film maker, extraordinaire! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm more disappointed in Johns for enabling this abuse (depending on how factual we're talking here) than entirely surprised about Whedon.

We already have his ex-wife's take down of him and his firing of Charisma Carpenter. That doesn't mean this is true or one-sided, but it does make you wonder a bit. I will be very curious to see how many other actors add to this, even going back to the BtVS days. I don't get the vibe that Gellar was wild about him towards the end.
    I guess it depends on the level of abuse we're talking about here and just how apparent it was (although Ray seems to think it was pretty obvious). I could see stuff slipping under the cracks in the rush to get the film out there.

BANNED

Joss Whedon acted like a piece of **** towards the cast and crew of JL, abused and cheated on his wife for over a decade but gets a pass.

All Zack did was make a movie and he gets crucified.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    The Whedonisms were totally there. Joss Whedon, film maker, extraordinaire! Haha

Mind you, both Gadot and Johansson were pregnant when these things were happening, and Carpenter was fired for getting pregnant.
    So, the question is what does Whedon have against pregnancy? I'm sure it's inconvenient to a filming schedule, but you work around it. Why attempt to humiliate the actors?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Joss Whedon acted like a piece of **** towards the cast and crew of JL, abused and cheated on his wife for over a decade but gets a pass.

All Zack did was make a movie and he gets crucified.
    Just because Whedon is an all-around better film maker and creator than Snyder doesn't mean he's a better person. Besides, Whedon got dragged all over the place over his fake feminism and creepy behavior.
    Also, Snyder's use of women in his films can also be a bit problematic.

BANNED

Just because Whedon is an all-around better film maker and creator than Snyder doesn't mean he's a better person. Besides, Whedon got dragged all over the place over his fake feminism and creepy behavior.
    Also, Snyder's use of women in his films can also be a bit problematic.
    I’ve seen it both ways. I have no place to comment on it since I am not a woman, but I feel that is portrayal of women is generally really great. Sucker Punch for example is a metaphor for escaping abusive and toxic relationships. his portrayal of Lois has received much praise.

but i’m definitely curious to see the other side. my comment had nothing to do with either director’s use of female characters btw. neither of them have been completely queer or trans inclusive tbh

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Whedon likely under a lot of pressure by Warners to “fix” the movie in time for its release. That alone can be stressful and put someone in a pretty bad move, especially when you’re inheriting a movie that wasn’t yours to begin with.

It must’ve been frustrating for Whedon, maybe even more so than his working on Age Of Ultron.

I think Affleck’s frustration on working on the reshoots with Whedon greatly contributed to his ultimate decision to leave the role.
    Whedon is an experienced director and knew what he was getting into, stop making excuses for him.

Poor Whedon under so much stress that he managed to shove the boob gag into the film! Give me a break.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Can't they both just be awful. The movie should have never have happened in the first place. Everything about it just continues to be trainwreck.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-01-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Astonishing Member

Jon Berg has denied Fisher’s allegations of him and Johns “enabling abuse,” he also claims Fisher didn’t want to say Cyborg’s catchphrase, “booyaa” from the Titans cartoon.

Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 07-01-2020 at 04:02 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Can't they both just be awful. The movie should have never have happened in the first place. Everything about it just continues to be trainwreck.
    Regardless of how both of them are as human beings (which none of us personally knows here), making a "bad" movie is not the same thing as being a jackass.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Whedon is an experienced director and knew what he was getting into, stop making excuses for him.

Poor Whedon under so much stress that he managed to shove the boob gag into the film! Give me a break.
    Wasn’t really making excuses for Whedon, but I’m just trying to provide some speculation for the rationale behind his alleged behavior(if it is true). Now if Whedon really didn’t conduct himself in a professional and civil manner then obviously he should be condemned but the allegations are kind of a vague and it’s difficult for myself to really take a side when there’s so little information right now.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Regardless of how both of them are as human beings (which none of us personally knows here), making a "bad" movie is not the same thing as being a jackass.
    That's fair. I just meant awful as in awful on JL and this movie universe in general. This shifting blame game is dumb.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-01-2020 at 03:30 PM.