Page 772 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2726727227627687697707717727737747757767828228721272 ... LastLast
Results 11,566 to 11,580 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Didn't they announce that GvK did their best numbers? Yet going by that picture WW84 did much better.
    They were probably taking movie theaters into account. GvK did much better in movie theaters than WW84 for it's weekend box office.

Didn't they announce that GvK did their best numbers? Yet going by that picture WW84 did much better.
    This is in comparison to other streaming services. GVK has Invincible, Falcon and Winger Soldier and several other titles to contend with. WW84 and had less competition, therefore a bigger share of streaming that week
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

What Snyder Cut had for competition? Only Falcon and Winter Soldier?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Waitaminit, all the "sky is falling" panic about the Snyderverse returning ended up being all about nothing?

I am shocked, I say! Shocked!

Extraordinary Member

As I understand it, that picture uses an older means to determine watch rates; and now a newer version that takes into account how MUCH of the movies are actually being watched, (for example a few minutes or the whole thing), and under that metric, GvsK led by a wide margin even over WW84, and a lot more than the Snyder Cut. That's my understanding in any event, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

13-Year-Old Bodhi Sabongui Nabs Key Role in 'Black Adam'

Guess this kid will be playing Osiris.

What Snyder Cut had for competition? Only Falcon and Winter Soldier?
    Look out Marvel! DC's number 1 team is going to beat your buddy cop comedy starring two of Cap's side kicks!

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    13-Year-Old Bodhi Sabongui Nabs Key Role in 'Black Adam'

Guess this kid will be playing Osiris.
    That was my assumption as well.

Astonishing Member

Justice League Screenwriter Chris Terrio Is Super Pissed Off

Chris Terrio(the writer for BvS & the Justice League) is speaking out for the first time publicly about Warner’s handling of the DCEU pre-BvS and the post-BvS when the s*** hit the fan...and he doesn’t mince words to say the least. It’s a very insightful article that’s pretty eye-opening & gives one a window into the thought process of WB’s handling of this universe during the Snyder-era.

Here’s a few highlights from the interview that stuck out to me:
    -Terrio calls the theatrical cut of Justice League, “an act of vandalism.”
    - Terrio hated the title “Dawn Of Justice” saying it was “self-important and clueless in a way” & speculated that marketing came up with it even though it was actually Zack Snyder himself who came up with the title.
    - After Terrio saw the theatrical cut of JL he asked to have his name taken off the movie
    - Was not invited to the Justice League set.
    - The original BvS script by David Goyer before Terrio rewrote it was darker featuring elements such as Lois Lane getting punched in the opening in Africa, and Batman branding Lex Luthor in the end.
    - Was surprised to see how much Snyder kept close to his original JL script in his cut (with some minor changes).
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 04-09-2021 at 07:19 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

That part about WB sending the Justice League cast to the Wall Street investors after BvS underperformed to assure them they were worth their money was uncomfortable as hell to read. How do you send an Oscar winner like Ben Affleck there and basically try to sell the investors on him and the rest. Not to mention how Gal must have felt about this. Then one of those guys trying to tell Terrio how to write Batman. smfh No wonder the JL production was such a nightmare, WB had so little faith in it and were clearly scared shitless about how much money they could potentially lose to the point of parading the cast and crew like this in front of the investors. Like, I get that Hollywood is a cesspool where money can literally buy you anything, but for all their talk about progress, fairness and equality, I didn't expect them to still be this primitive. I'm glad Terrio exposed this crock of **** for what it really is.

Strangely he also mentions he respected Johns as a writer who's always been nice to him. I didn't expect to hear that.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-09-2021 at 10:34 AM.

Why is it so hard to make DC movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    - The original BvS script by David Goyer before Terrio rewrote it was darker featuring elements such as Lois Lane getting punched in the opening in Africa, and Batman branding Lex Luthor in the end.
    David Goyer is never mentioned in the article, he just says it's the script that WB came up with

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    David Goyer is never mentioned in the article, he just says it's the script that WB came up with
    David Goyer was the one writing the script before Terrio came on board, and is the only writer besides Terrio credited on the script. Terrio just didn’t mention him specifically by name. Terrio’s wording just refers to the script that Warners had prior to his involvement - which was written by David Goyer that he developed with Zack Snyder.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 04-09-2021 at 09:52 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why is it so hard to make DC movies?
    Soulless suits who don’t understand the characters picking directors & writers who also don’t understand the characters.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don’t think the suits at WB actually want to make these movies. They probably look down on comic book movies as low rent which is the mentality that Tom Rothman had when he was running Fox and actively despised the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchises.