Page 831 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3317317818218278288298308318328338348358418819311331 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,465 of 20948

I'm fine with it as long as it gets made and released. I don't think an HBOMax release matters as much so long as a lot of people get to see it and DC can see it does well streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fine with it as long as it gets made and released. I don't think an HBOMax release matters as much so long as a lot of people get to see it and DC can see it does well streaming.
    I hope when Marvel releases their Latino led superhero film THEATRICALLY, they troll the hell out of WB/DC for this.

Streaming is a HUGE downgrade from a theatrical release.

Given Marvel is doing essentially the same thing with a lot of their new POC characters, I doubt it. Streaming is not going away. The genie is out of the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    I hope when Marvel releases their Latino led superhero film THEATRICALLY, they troll the hell out of WB/DC for this.

Streaming is a HUGE downgrade from a theatrical release.
    Disney is already doing that with Pixar and Luca.

Also She-Hulk and Ms.Marvel are both being turned into Disney+ shows and not theatrical movies.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Disney is already doing that with Pixar and Luca.

Also She-Hulk and Ms.Marvel are both being turned into Disney+ shows and not theatrical movies.
    Me Marvel is lead in the Captain Marvel 2 film. I just hate the idea of streaming movies

Or Echo, their first project to star a Native American superhero, and Ironheart, their first project to star a black woman. And if we go back to the olden days before Disney+ then you had Jessica Jones and Luke Cage handily beating the Black Panther and Captain Marvel movies to the big screen. The TV shows also had LGBTQA characters way before the movies too.

Streaming is not some sort of low rent prospect anymore. It's what both Disney and Warner are now putting an increasingly large amount of their focus towards.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Or Echo, their first project to star a Native American superhero, and Ironheart, their first project to star a black woman. And if we go back to the olden days before Disney+ then you had Jessica Jones and Luke Cage handily beating the Black Panther and Captain Marvel movies to the big screen. The TV shows also had LGBTQA characters way before the movies too.

Streaming is not some sort of low rent prospect anymore. It's what both Disney and Warner are now putting an increasingly large amount of their focus towards.
    Especially when you see the budget and promotion given to the streaming stuff.

Still a downgrade to me! Jaime is their biggest Latino character! Latino audiences deserve representation on the big screen!

Whatever! I’ve lost all hype for this film and I’m done with DC. Everything about about that brand sucks now.

That's fair to feel that way. But game's changed now. We're in a post-WandaVision world and streaming is the future of a lot of superhero content. Like I said, that genie ain't going back in the bottle.

Niffleheim

That's fair to feel that way. But game's changed now. We're in a post-WandaVision world and streaming is the future of a lot of superhero content. Like I said, that genie ain't going back in the bottle.
    post-WandaVision world only applies to Marvel, right? can we even compare DC and Marvel streaming content when we haven't seen the budgets for DC shows and movies. Also the only streaming movie Marvel is doing right now is GOTG Holiday special but every thing else are limited series.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    post-WandaVision world only applies to Marvel, right? can we even compare DC and Marvel streaming content when we haven't seen the budgets for DC shows and movies. Also the only streaming movie Marvel is doing right now is GOTG Holiday special but every thing else are limited series.
    It doesn’t. Streaming is the new venue and everyone is spending big on it. The old way of thinking simply isn’t applicable in a world where Martin Fucking Scorsese is now making movies for Apple+ and Netflix.
    Last edited by Holt; 06-08-2021 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Still a downgrade to me! Jaime is their biggest Latino character! Latino audiences deserve representation on the big screen!

Whatever! I’ve lost all hype for this film and I’m done with DC. Everything about about that brand sucks now.
    I'd say Jessica Cruz is their biggest Latino character, and she'll beat Jaime to live action.

Jessica is not a solo character though. Jaime is and he would have been one of the very few opportunities for DC to beat Marvel when it comes to being first on the big screen. Blue Beetle would have especially been impactful considering DC's potent fanbase in Latin America.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Also the only streaming movie Marvel is doing right now is GOTG Holiday special but every thing else are limited series.
    Loki is getting a season 2 and maybe a season 3.
    Some Disney+ Marvel Shows Will Get More Than One Season, Kevin Feige Says
    Don't count every Marvel TV show as a limited series, as some will be getting more seasons
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/so.../1100-6488024/

So that makes Batgirl, Zatanna, and Blue Beetle all on hbo max? Any other films I’m missing
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.