Page 974 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 47487492496497097197297397497597697797898410241074 ... LastLast
Results 14,596 to 14,610 of 20948
    BANNED

I know it's wrong to say it but I hope it's an absolute failure, so hopefully DC goes bankrupt and buys Disney / Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Lol, this sounds so ridiculously bad. Obviously they needed to move on with Snyder but they're making the replacement mistake in movies now as well as comics. NWH is Marvel's new masterpiece meanwhile DC fans get confirmation that WB continues to try to kill DC Comics.

So I guess I suddenly stand with the Snyder stans but for totally different reasons, heh.
    Lol our only choices are Snyder (who sucks) and Coates/Abrams (who also suck). Guess I’ll continue to ignore film side Superman then. If they announced a Superman video game I would happily cease ever giving a damn about the film sides handling of Supes. They’re never going to do right by him.

Do they really think they can make a JL movie that will get a billion without Batman and Superman I wonder? More intriguingly are they right to think so? Could that happen? Aquaman made a billion after all on his own. No stopping the car crash now I guess.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    I know it's wrong to say it but I hope it's an absolute failure, so hopefully DC goes bankrupt and buys Disney / Marvel.
    People hate it but Disney owning WB would have been 100 times better than AT&T (which almost killed DC) and probably Discovery. Not happening after they bought Fox of course but still. At the very least, they understand establishing brands and effectively marketing them
    Last edited by The Kid; 01-01-2022 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    People hate it but Disney owning WB would have been 100 times better than AT&T (which almost killed Disney) and probably Discovery. Not happening after they bought Fox of course but still. At the very least, they understand establishing brands and effectively marketing them
    Disney owning WB would have been horrendous for the consumer as well as the market place! That would have been the number 1 and number 2 studios combining who together own 6/10 highest grossing franchises of all time (MCU, Star Wars, Avengers, Wizarding World, Middle Earth and DCEU) and would have owned over half of the box office market! How anyone could champion those two combining is beyond me! I hate what WB is doing with DC but I still like competition and hate monopolies
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

This sounds like a disaster. I wouldn't care, except apparently Wonder Woman is getting pulled into it now.

When a shared universe works, it creates exciting possibilities and boundless potential. But when it doesn't...just sheer, utter dread because everyone gets dragged down with the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Disney owning WB would have been horrendous for the consumer as well as the market place! That would have been the number 1 and number 2 studios combining who together own 6/10 highest grossing franchises of all time (MCU, Star Wars, Avengers, Wizarding World, Middle Earth and DCEU) and would have owned over half of the box office market! How anyone could champion those two combining is beyond me! I hate what WB is doing with DC but I still like competition and hate monopolies
    Well they would def be one now since they bought Fox but in another world, I stand that it would have been better for DC characters. Almost happened too. Before Fox was for sale, Iger was looking into buying Time Warner

Well they would def be one now since they bought Fox but in another world, I stand that it would have been better for DC characters. Almost happened too. Before Fox was for sale, Iger was looking into buying Time Warner
    WB has done some great DC stuff since then that probably wouldn't have existed if Disney had the IP, so I think it worked out for the best even if WB has their failures and instances of mismanagement.

A Justice League without Superman or Batman? Lol, yeah good luck with that. It’s incredible how WB keeps fumbling the ball with DC.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    A Justice League without Superman or Batman? Lol, yeah good luck with that. It’s incredible how WB keeps fumbling the ball with DC.
    Isn’t the MCU about to do the same

Iron Heart, Lady Thor She hulk Shuri Panther and all led by Captain Marvel

The future is female

Think beyond DC/Marvel! Do you not realize how much things/IP WB has/owns? WB is way bigger than Fox (who was usually #4 or #5) Disney/Fox isn’t a monopoly as they have about 1/3 of the market share. Disney/WB would be as they’d have over half the market share. That’s terrible for consumers and is vey anti competition as well. DC will be fine. Discovery will likely clean house and reboot everything with new creatives
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

The future is female
    Yes, but Marvel is doing that after taking multiple victory laps. They can afford to change things up a bit. WB keeps stumbling out of the starting block.

Whatever. Right now I’m only interested in Blue Beetle and Black Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    WB has done some great DC stuff since then that probably wouldn't have existed if Disney had the IP, so I think it worked out for the best even if WB has their failures and instances of mismanagement.
    I guess. I mean I like Lego Batman Movie and the HBO Max Harley Quinn cartoon a lot too but IMO nothing compares to straight up botching the most iconic superhero ever. A few good stuff like the ones I mentioned and a bunch of average Direct to DVD animated films just can't make up for that

The future is female
    Regular Thor is still going to stick around but they also did this after giving their original characters all the love and allowing them to take the time to pass their mantles. Not throwing them to the side instantly. They didn't remove Iron Man after the first Avengers film to switch to a legacy.

The future is female
    I doubt Jane Thor is replacing Hemsworth. As for the rest, most of those are Disney+ shows and Shuri taking over the mantle is unlikely to happen given the controversy with her actress (plus the T’Challa fans are pretty upset about Feige not recasting). But Marvel might be able to pull off replacements because of the strength of the brand. In contrast DC has had two huge successes: WW and Aquaman. The Suicide Squad (which I loved) had Harley Quinn in it but didn’t get a lot of attention or bring people into the theater. Really doubt “The Justice League” will perform any better. We’ll see what the response to The Flash is.

God we really have reached the culmination of what Johns set up with Flashpoint huh? Nobody cares about The Flash himself, just how this “fix flick” will impact the wider universe.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Funny thing is I think Flashpoint would actually make a great Flash movie if it was like the third film in a trilogy. It could have been a NWH type blockbuster where Flash visits through the multiverse of old DC properties and attempts to fix his own mistakes but as an opener? It's just so obviously a corporate attempt to try and change the status quo of the DCEU. So bad

Sometimes I legit wish I was only a Marvel fan so I could be able to at least see this stuff and laugh instead of getting annoyed/upset lmao

Funny thing is I think Flashpoint would actually make a great Flash movie if it was like the third film in a trilogy. It could have been a NWH type blockbuster where Flash visits through the multiverse of old DC properties and attempts to fix his own mistakes but as an opener? It's just so obviously a corporate attempt to try and change the status quo of the DCEU. So bad

Sometimes I legit wish I was only a Marvel fan so I could be able to at least see this stuff and laugh instead of getting annoyed/upset lmao
    I’ve often wished I was a Batman and Marvel fan like everyone else seems to be . Being a Superman and DC fan just makes me tired and depressed with how WB treats them most of the time.