Page 994 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 494894944984990991992993994995996997998100410441094 ... LastLast
Results 14,896 to 14,910 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Actors don’t always play characters the same age as them. Tom Welling played a teen Clark despite being in his twenties when he was cast iirc
    Right? Cavill played an impetuous younger Clark (probably 18-20) even though he was in his 30's.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Word is James Gunn is holding tight to that eighth episode of Peacemaker. It's supposed to blow open the doors on the DCEU.
    The best guess I've heard is that Episode 8 leads to Green Lantern.
    Oddest place to finally introduce the GL to the DCEU, if you ask me, but it could work.

Right? Cavill played an impetuous younger Clark (probably 18-20) even though he was in his 30's.
    That was hardly believable. I didn't even realize he was a teen for years after that movie came out

It’s funny that even recently people were still claiming that WB and Marvel aren’t influenced by and pay no attention to what the other company is doing. WB especially has been super reactionary. But what is really proving that the two are keeping an eye on each other is the onslaught of multiverse projects. By the time The Flash runs though the DC multiverse it will seem rather mundane since the general audience has already seen Into the Spiderverse, No Way Home, What If, and Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The mural was changed adding BatKeaton and white paint to cover Robin. ��

It looked better before when it was just a regular representation of Batman. The graffiti artist would have had to have an up close promo image of Keaton’s Batman to get the mural that perfect. I don’t think Bruce would have posed for a Topps collectors card.
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-18-2022 at 02:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I haven't seen it, so I'm mostly going by what I've seen of the concept and character. I get that broader links to the DCEU could be established, but the shared universe is such an uncertain mess right now that I don't really see anything really enticing coming out of it, and there are plenty of better characters who should be getting a show. I mean the Marvel characters you named are all far bigger and more relevant than Peacemaker.
    Well, I would definitely recommend watching at least the first two or three episodes then just so you can make an informed decision on it.

And here's the thing: what you're saying about the larger DCEU is, again, subjective. You think it's an uncertain mess. Others may not feel that way. I mean, believe it or not, it does have its fans. And regardless, from an objective standpoint, the fact that the series has ties to that larger universe and itself spins out of a well-reviewed film with popular characters, is of course a factor in its own popularity.

And yes, there are characters who are more established than Peacemaker, but it just so happens that that's the character that was in The Suicide Squad that James Gunn had an idea to create a series around. And, I'm certainly not gonna begrudge a C- or D-list character getting their own series, especially when I think there should be more of that.

And it's actually debatable that the Marvel characters I mentioned are more established than Peacemaker. Peacemaker is actually older than all of the characters I mentioned. And while Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk are relatively well-known and have gotten more facetime because they tie into the legacies of other, more-established heroes, the Disney+ series is probably the first time that most people will be hearing about Moon Knight at all. In fact, I anticipate a lot of people will probably see Moon Knight as basically Marvel's attempt at a Batman knockoff in the beginning, even if that's not necessarily the case. Doesn't help that it's coming out the same month as The Batman either tbh.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 01-18-2022 at 04:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Word is James Gunn is holding tight to that eighth episode of Peacemaker. It's supposed to blow open the doors on the DCEU.
    The best guess I've heard is that Episode 8 leads to Green Lantern.
    Yes, that's the rumor I've heard too. And what would be really interesting is if...spoilers:
    the "Butterflies" are themselves tied to Queen Bee (Zazzala) or even the Spider-Guild, which then is what brings the Green Lantern Corps into play.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It looks a lot darker here.

Oh yeah, and there are the boots .

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It’s funny that even recently people were still claiming that WB and Marvel aren’t influenced by and pay no attention to what the other company is doing. WB especially has been super reactionary. But what is really proving that the two are keeping an eye on each other is the onslaught of multiverse projects. By the time The Flash runs though the DC multiverse it will seem rather mundane since the general audience has already seen Into the Spiderverse, No Way Home, What If, and Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

It looked better before when it was just a regular representation of Batman. The graffiti artist would have had to have an up close promo image of Keaton’s Batman to get the mural that perfect. I don’t think Bruce would have posed for a Topps collectors card.
    Maybe the person that did it had an up-close and personal encounter with Batman and/or Robin.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

What?cavill played impetuous younger guy?yeah! Don't see it.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

That scene took a lot of people out of the movie. Not just Jonathan’s ridiculous death but Snyder trying to pass Cavill off as an 18 year old. The scene would have actually worked a lot better if they had gotten a younger actor or even just used the kid who played young Clark.

Fortunately Keaton looks great for 70 and can easily play someone in their early 60s.

So I guess in the new continuity Batman needed a partner when he was in his late 40s, as he was probably losing a step, and helping Grayson after the traumatic loss of his parents worked out well. That 10 year span seems long enough for there to be a falling out with Dick, leading him to become Nightwing, and for Jason to be murdered. Though Joker is dead in the Burton universe so maybe that will be retconned. Red Hood is too marketable a character for WB to skip his story. CGI Jack Nickolson Joker a possibility?
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-18-2022 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    His voice aside, that seems fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    By the time The Flash runs though the DC multiverse it will seem rather mundane since the general audience has already seen Into the Spiderverse, No Way Home, What If, and Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
    + the Spider-Verse sequel. DC is so far behind right now on the multiverse front.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    + the Spider-Verse sequel. DC is so far behind right now on the multiverse front.
    Maybe that'll make audiences more used to it when the Flash arrives

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I’m expecting them to overload on multiverse of madness anyway
    It’s not a
    Race