Page 765 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2656657157557617627637647657667677687697758158651265 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,475 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    That link is not to the article.
    I wouldn't be sad if this was true. Ezra was the worst pick out of JL cast. He just wasn't playing Barry Allen at all (which isn't totally his fault, I know).
    Joke’s on us I’m afraid

It’s April 1st so nothing you see today can be taken for fact
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I have to admit that he got me until I saw the Rick Roll.

Alternate greenband trailer for The Suicide Squad shown with GVK this week.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I like the new TSS trailer more than the previous one. Hyped for the movie.

https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status...157636096?s=21

They’ve officially released the trailer.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Ava DuVernay's 'New Gods,' James Wan's 'The Trench' DC Movies Not Moving Forward at Warner Bros. (Exclusive)

Warner Bros. and DC Films' upcoming slate is moving forward without Ava DuVernay's New Gods and James Wan's Aquaman spinoff, The Trench.

"As part of our DC slate, some legacy development titles including New Gods and The Trench will not be moving forward," Warner Bros. and DC said in a statement. "We thank our partners Ava DuVernay, Tom King, James Wan and Peter Safran for their time and collaboration during this process and look forward to our continued partnership with them on other DC stories. The projects will remain in their skillful hands if they were to move forward in the future."

New Gods, which DuVernay has been developing as a directing vehicle with acclaimed comic book writer Tom King since 2018, would have brought to the screen the comic book characters created by the late and legendary artist Jack Kirby. DuVernay, however, remains in the DC fold and is currently working on the DC series Naomi for The CW.

The Trench, meanwhile, was to have been a horror-tinged project spinning out of Aquaman and focused on the group of the deadly amphibious creatures seen in the $1 billion-grossing 2018 film. Noah Gardner and Aidan Fitzgerald had written the script, which Wan was developing as a producer with collaborator Peter Safran. Wan, too, remains in the DC fold as he is prepping to shoot Aquaman 2 for the studio later this year.

The projects are being shelved but like many comic characters, could come to life down the road. DC Films, led by president Walter Hamada, is leaving the door open to revisit these properties in the future, but insiders note that when it became clear the upcoming DC slate did not have a natural spot for New Gods or The Trench over the next few years, execs believed it was best not to leave the filmmakers hanging in development without a clear end in sight.

DC is currently building an interconnected slate in which projects will feed in and out of the big screen and the small, with films such as James Gunn's The Suicide Squad (Aug. 6) spinning off into the John Cena-led HBO Max series Peacemaker, and Matt Reeves' The Batman (March 4, 2022) spawning its own Gotham police department focused show.

With The Trench, sources say that the upcoming Aquaman sequel was considered enough, but Warners could come back to it down the line if there is thirst for more adventures set in the Atlantean kingdoms. It was also considered a possibility for streaming, but it is more of a standalone story rather than having a strong tying into Aquaman or the rest of the DC universe.

New Gods, which would have been a sprawling tale, was complicated by the fact that its villain, Darkseid, just appeared as a major foil in Zack Snyder's Justice League and there was a desire to have space between the latter and any new appearances.

Except for The Batman, which is set on an alternate Earth known to geeks as Earth-2, DC is plotting its films and shows to share the same universe. Key to setting up its new status quo will be The Flash (Nov. 4, 2022), which will tackle the multiverse and is said to also lend clarity to the future of the Justice League with multiple Batmen, as well as Supergirl, appearing.

Other projects on the slate due out in 2022-23 include Warners' and New Line's Black Adam (July 29, 2022) and Shazam! Fury Of The Gods (June 2, 2023), as well as Warners' Blue Beetle, Batgirl, Supergirl, Green Lantern Corps and Static Shock.

Zatanna and a third Wonder Woman are also in development, while an upcoming Superman, from producer J.J. Abrams and screenwriter Ta-Nehisi Coates, is too early in development to say if it will be connected to the larger DC Universe or if, like The Batman, will stand on its own.

Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...at-warner-bros

So, those films are dead. Well, anyway, they're still working on that Green Lantern Corps movie even thought there's not been a single update about it for some time?
    Last edited by JorgeJ77; 04-01-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Incredible Member

Honestly days like this make me wish DC had their own separate studio outside of Warner Bros because this is too much.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeJ77 View Post
    So, those films are dead. Well, anyway, they're still working on that Green Lantern Corps movie even thought there's has not been a single update about it for some time?
    Mark my words, that Green Lantern movie is never happening, lol. At this point, I’d sooner believe the Fox X-Men universe will merge with the MCU than believe Warners will ever release another Green Lantern film in theaters. You’ll have to depend on that HBO Max show to get your Green Lantern fix now.

You could fill a graveyard with all the dead DC films that never got off the ground despite being announced. Makes me wonder if that Superman reboot will happen either, I’d just as soon let Superman set on the shelf for a decade than trust Abrams and Coates to do a good job.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeJ77 View Post
    So, those films are dead. Well, anyway, they're still working on that Green Lantern Corps movie even thought there's has not been a single update about it for some time?
    All we know is they have "plans" for John Stewart as ZS tried to call them on their bluff.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

I think The Trench was always going to be a tough sell, but shame about the New Gods...although with Tom King's involvement I was expecting it would end up being pretty depressing anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Ava DuVernay's 'New Gods,' James Wan's 'The Trench' DC Movies Not Moving Forward at Warner Bros. (Exclusive)

Warner Bros. and DC Films' upcoming slate is moving forward without Ava DuVernay's New Gods and James Wan's Aquaman spinoff, The Trench.

"As part of our DC slate, some legacy development titles including New Gods and The Trench will not be moving forward," Warner Bros. and DC said in a statement. "We thank our partners Ava DuVernay, Tom King, James Wan and Peter Safran for their time and collaboration during this process and look forward to our continued partnership with them on other DC stories. The projects will remain in their skillful hands if they were to move forward in the future."

New Gods, which DuVernay has been developing as a directing vehicle with acclaimed comic book writer Tom King since 2018, would have brought to the screen the comic book characters created by the late and legendary artist Jack Kirby. DuVernay, however, remains in the DC fold and is currently working on the DC series Naomi for The CW.

The Trench, meanwhile, was to have been a horror-tinged project spinning out of Aquaman and focused on the group of the deadly amphibious creatures seen in the $1 billion-grossing 2018 film. Noah Gardner and Aidan Fitzgerald had written the script, which Wan was developing as a producer with collaborator Peter Safran. Wan, too, remains in the DC fold as he is prepping to shoot Aquaman 2 for the studio later this year.

The projects are being shelved but like many comic characters, could come to life down the road. DC Films, led by president Walter Hamada, is leaving the door open to revisit these properties in the future, but insiders note that when it became clear the upcoming DC slate did not have a natural spot for New Gods or The Trench over the next few years, execs believed it was best not to leave the filmmakers hanging in development without a clear end in sight.

DC is currently building an interconnected slate in which projects will feed in and out of the big screen and the small, with films such as James Gunn's The Suicide Squad (Aug. 6) spinning off into the John Cena-led HBO Max series Peacemaker, and Matt Reeves' The Batman (March 4, 2022) spawning its own Gotham police department focused show.

With The Trench, sources say that the upcoming Aquaman sequel was considered enough, but Warners could come back to it down the line if there is thirst for more adventures set in the Atlantean kingdoms. It was also considered a possibility for streaming, but it is more of a standalone story rather than having a strong tying into Aquaman or the rest of the DC universe.

New Gods, which would have been a sprawling tale, was complicated by the fact that its villain, Darkseid, just appeared as a major foil in Zack Snyder's Justice League and there was a desire to have space between the latter and any new appearances.

Except for The Batman, which is set on an alternate Earth known to geeks as Earth-2, DC is plotting its films and shows to share the same universe. Key to setting up its new status quo will be The Flash (Nov. 4, 2022), which will tackle the multiverse and is said to also lend clarity to the future of the Justice League with multiple Batmen, as well as Supergirl, appearing.

Other projects on the slate due out in 2022-23 include Warners' and New Line's Black Adam (July 29, 2022) and Shazam! Fury Of The Gods (June 2, 2023), as well as Warners' Blue Beetle, Batgirl, Supergirl, Green Lantern Corps and Static Shock.

Zatanna and a third Wonder Woman are also in development, while an upcoming Superman, from producer J.J. Abrams and screenwriter Ta-Nehisi Coates, is too early in development to say if it will be connected to the larger DC Universe or if, like The Batman, will stand on its own.

Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...at-warner-bros
    April fool's?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    April fool's?
    Nope. It’s for real, but if it was an April Fools then this is one elaborate way to prank someone.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.