Page 708 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2086086586987047057067077087097107117127187588081208 ... LastLast
Results 10,606 to 10,620 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I definitely wouldn't say they were that bad. I don't think the issue with DCEU Superman or Batman is that they are bad people or borderline villainous like those characters are. Batman's damaged, but some of the actions of his mainstream comic counterpart in the early 2000s were arguably much worse. They are just not developed enough to be engaging or likable.

It's really bad that Antony Starr's Homelander is more charismatic and fun to watch than Cavill's Superman. That doesn't mean the latter should be equated with the former on the villainous scale, it just means he's really flat.
    You know, I hadn't considered that. Starr gave so much more as Homelander than Cavill did with Clark or Superman. Cavill was just...there. Starr grabbed your attention and held the spotlight whenever he was on screen, and he made his character so much more interesting.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    You know, I hadn't considered that. Starr gave so much more as Homelander than Cavill did with Clark or Superman. Cavill was just...there. Starr grabbed your attention and held the spotlight whenever he was on screen, and he made his character so much more interesting.
    Starr is just a better actor in general, and is just given much better material for his respective role that Cavill is given. I think Cavill has limited range, but could be much better than he is allowed to be if the material was better. The villainous monster on the Boys has better screen presence and charisma than actual Superman, but that's about the extent the comparison should go, IMO

I have to agree with others that saying DCEU Superman is as evil as Homelander is hyperbole that doesn't help anything. There is plenty to criticize without making DCEU Superman out to be outright villainous, since he isn't.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Starr is just a better actor in general, and is just given much better material for his respective role that Cavill is given. I think Cavill has limited range, but could be much better than he is allowed to be if the material was better. The villainous monster on the Boys has better screen presence and charisma than actual Superman, but that's about the extent the comparison should go, IMO

I have to agree with others that saying DCEU Superman is as evil as Homelander is hyperbole that doesn't help anything. There is plenty to criticize without making DCEU Superman out to be outright villainous, since he isn't.
    Well, I certainly don't link the characters, I just think Starr is so good in that role.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Well, I certainly don't link the characters, I just think Starr is so good in that role.
    Oh not saying you said that, just that I've seen the comparison between DCEU Superman and Homelander in general.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

DC Universe’s New Supergirl Is ‘Young And The Restless’ Actress Sasha Calle; Will Make Debut In Upcoming ‘Flash’ Film: https://deadline.com/2021/02/supergi...dc-1234697190/

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 02-19-2021 at 11:59 AM.

It begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    DC Universe’s New Supergirl Is ‘Young And The Restless’ Actress Sasha Calle; Will Make Debut In Upcoming ‘Flash’ Film: https://deadline.com/2021/02/supergi...dc-1234697190/

Alright so let me get this straight, DC/WB/AT&T are pinning their dc movie plans/hopes of introducing the multiverse, multiple Batmen, and a new Supergirl on just the Flash movie....I wish the director of that movie luck because that must be hell to work on while creating a good movie.

Good for the actor though, I hope that she does well as Supergirl.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Interesting.

Astonishing Member

Interesting that this was announced officially on the directors Instagram account instead of just being leaked by a major trade outlet like these things are usually done these days. . It’s so shocking that we’ve got casting for such a major character that hasn’t at least been rumored to be in it. This caught me totally by surprise...in a good way.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-19-2021 at 12:17 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Maybe she was a recent script addition now that Cyborg has been written out.

This was a genuine surprise. Given what movie she's set to debut in and their plans for the Multiverse, I wonder which universe she could be from.

Huh. Guess that Supergirl movie is still coming after all? Man if this means that the next Superman actor is going to be Latino too I would love that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I was not expecting this at all, especially with the Supergirl movie rumors dying out. And in a Flashpoint movie that seems to be becoming less and less about The Flash as it goes on.

Is this to set her up as replacing Superman? Will she at least dye her hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was not expecting this at all, especially with the Supergirl movie rumors dying out. And in a Flashpoint movie that seems to be becoming less and less about The Flash as it goes on.

Is this to set her up as replacing Superman? Will she at least dye her hair?
    I just remembered: Isn’t the rumors for Keaton that he’s replacing Affleck and then there will be a movie where he mentors Batgirl? Could be WB is planning to replace DCEU Superman and Batman with Supergirl and Batgirl, given the mess Snyder made of those two characters.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/