Page 864 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3647648148548608618628638648658668678688749149641364 ... LastLast
Results 12,946 to 12,960 of 20948

Would have seen this movie day one if it was Cage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well he’s saying it’s Cavill:

The Routh redemption film continues to be denied me

Of course he could be lying about Cavill being in there so who knows?
    I'm almost kind of shocked if Cavill came back for this in such an under-the-radar way.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm almost kind of shocked if Cavill came back for this in such an under-the-radar way.
    I’ll admit, part of what has me skeptical is that I think WB would definitely put out an article through THR about Cavill’s return. But there is a “secret” character that’s in the promo that we haven’t heard about yet. THR has also heard rumors about MoS2 maybe happening (WB denied them but they asked Goyer about them), and maybe Cavill and WB came to an agreement? Who knows what the hell is going over there, I am still not interested in Cavill’s return unless we get a major change compared to Snyder.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Waiting for Cavill's leaked pics from the set...

I’ll admit, part of what has me skeptical is that I think WB would definitely put out an article through THR about Cavill’s return. But there is a “secret” character that’s in the promo that we haven’t heard about yet. THR has also heard rumors about MoS2 maybe happening (WB denied them but they asked Goyer about them), and maybe Cavill and WB came to an agreement? Who knows what the hell is going over there, I am still not interested in Cavill’s return unless we get a major change compared to Snyder.
    In 2020, Hamada was negotiating with Cavill for him coming back in supporting roles and cameos. Also, the Shazam/Black Adam movies are produced by Cavill's agent, he'll get a spot there for sure.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-02-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Waiting for Cavill's leaked pics from the set...

In 2020, Hamada was negotiating with Cavill for him coming back in supporting roles and cameos. Also, the Shazam/Black Adam movies are produced by Cavill's agent, he'll get a spot there for sure.
    But since then we have two live action Supermen projects in the works, and Cavill is definitely going to overshadow both if they’re keeping him around. For all the talk of the “multiverse” they still took Constantine away from Legends because of the Abrams Max show that’s coming.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

But since then we have two live action Supermen projects in the works, and Cavill is definitely going to overshadow both if they’re keeping him around. For all the talk of the “multiverse” they still took Constantine away from Legends because of the Abrams Max show that’s coming.
    He'll be more a supporting character like Keaton not the lead character like Coates' SM, and the latter project is still in early development anyway. No director, actor, script or release date yet for it.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

What's with the boots? If they're doing the gold boots why not fully commit to it, why the half red half gold?

Xolo Mariduena is in talks to star as Blue Beetle.

“Corba Kai” breakout Xolo Maridueña is in talks to star in the lead role of Jaime Reyes in “Blue Beetle” for HBO Max, Warner Bros. and DC Films first superhero movie starring a Latino character, TheWrap has exclusively learned.

“Charm City Kings” director Angel Manuel Soto is set to direct.

The screenplay is from Mexican-born writer Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer, who wrote Universal’s “Scarface” remake and Sony’s “Miss Bala.”

In DC Comics, Blue Beetle is the superhero alter ego used by three different heroes, but the film will focus on Mexican-American teenager Jaime Reyes, the third character to assume the Blue Beetle mantle.

The film is looking to start production early next year, with John Rickard producing for HBO Max. Zev Foreman is executive-producing.
    Last edited by Holt; 08-02-2021 at 04:44 PM.

I think he has that Jaime look .

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    He'll be more a supporting character like Keaton not the lead character like Coates' SM, and the latter project is still in early development anyway. No director, actor, script or release date yet for it.
    Right, but I’m assuming Cavill will get a solo sequel at some point if he returns. He may not, but if he’s actually back in the DCEU, those MoS2 rumors THR has heard are a lot more credible. Frankly I can’t imagine Cavill coming back just to cameo in other peoples movies for reasons I outlined in an earlier post, especially if there are two other Superman projects in the works while he gets nothing.
    Wonder if they’ll keep the legacy hero aspect for Jaime?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd be so down for Xolo to play Blue Beetle!

Wouldn't mind them mining the Cobra Kai cast for younger DC characters in general. Tanner Buchanan is my #1 choice for Dick Grayson right now. I wouldn't mind seeing Mary Mouser or Peyton List in some capacity either.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'd be so down for Xolo to play Blue Beetle!

Wouldn't mind them mining the Cobra Kai cast for younger DC characters in general. Tanner Buchanan is my #1 choice for Dick Grayson right now. I wouldn't mind seeing Mary Mouser or Peyton List in some capacity either.
    She voiced Batgirl in the Hush animated film.

Yes!!! It had to be him! He’s perfect for the role!

When it was announced that Soto was directing, fans noticed that he and Xolo started following each other on Twitter. Seemed like a good sign. Had my fingers crossed he would play Jaime, so I’m super happy about this!

https://mobile.twitter.com/AaronCouc...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Aaron Couch from the Hollywood Reporter says that Soto and WB execs surprised Xolo with the news while they were out having dinner.

Also it looks like they were hanging out together at the Suicide Squad premiere.