Page 867 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3677678178578638648658668678688698708718779179671367 ... LastLast
Results 12,991 to 13,005 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    On the plus side, if this thing sucks it will be a bullet dodged for Thawne and he has the chance to show up in something better down the line.
    Not really - if this sucks there probably won't be another Flash movie for Thawne to appear in. I mean after Green Lantern's movie we haven't had another one in a decade (it came out in 2011). And even though another GL movie is coming, it's no longer a Hal Jordan solo act but a buddy space cop with him and John. Barry isn't so lucky, he doesn't have a partner, he has a replacement. Now, if you're a Wally fan, if he's your Flash, then this movie tanking might be good news for you in about a decade. But for Barry fans, this film is his only shot.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not really - if this sucks there probably won't be another Flash movie for Thawne to appear in. I mean after Green Lantern's movie we haven't had another one in a decade (it came out in 2011). And even though another GL movie is coming, it's no longer a Hal Jordan solo act but a buddy space cop with him and John. Barry isn't so lucky, he doesn't have a partner, he has a replacement. Now, if you're a Wally fan, if he's your Flash, then this movie tanking might be good news for you in about a decade. But for Barry fans, this film is his only shot.
    I'm very conflicted with this movie because I hate everything I've heard about this movie but I also want to send a message to the studio that we actually want Flash movies.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I feel like Barry having the successful tv show puts him at an advantage that Hal didn't have. He is effectively the only Flash in other media, so even if this tanks and they end up trying again down the road, it's more likely to be Barry than Wally.

This barely even feels like a Flash movie at this point. He's just shepherding the Multiversal plot that is instigating what WB wants for their movie universe.

I agree with this, Ezra is not a popular casting choice for Barry at all. If this fails he won’t get another movie. They’ll probably just bench Flash like they did GL and let Gustin continue to be the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This barely even feels like a Flash movie at this point. He's just shepherding the Multiversal plot that is instigating what WB wants for their movie universe.
    Wasn’t that obvious from the start? It’s just a vehicle for teaching the general audience about how there can be multiple Batmen and Supermen running around.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I feel like Barry having the successful tv show puts him at an advantage that Hal didn't have. He is effectively the only Flash in other media, so even if this tanks and they end up trying again down the road, it's more likely to be Barry than Wally.
    Agreed. This could hurt the Flash for a spell, but it almost certainly would be Barry again as the Scarlet Speedster if and when he came back.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Agreed. This could hurt the Flash for a spell, but it almost certainly would be Barry again as the Scarlet Speedster if and when he came back.
    Unless Jay Garrick appeared in a JSA movie.

Astonishing Member

Jay has WW2 baggage.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Jay has WW2 baggage.
    Is Black Adam a period piece?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    Is Black Adam a period piece?
    Not the same thing.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Jay has WW2 baggage.
    To be fair, outside adaptations aren't beholden to the comics.

They could do whatever they wanted with Wally and/or Jay if they wanted to do it. I mean, they have no problems changing Barry's story to fit whatever they want. In the previous DCAMU, Barry was the original Kid Flash and founding member of the Teen Titans which is a huge swerve from his comic history.

Barry would most likely be the choice at the moment. But a few years down the road, who knows what will happen.

I'd rather see Barry and Jay team-up on film than Barry and Michael Keaton.

BANNED

Jay Garrick and the JSA will almost certainly become more popular if black Adam succeeds

Which is a plus because they are very charming and almost a universe unto themselves

Astonishing Member

Adaptations that work in other media don't always translate into sales for their comic book counterparts.

Barry it is, and Barry it shall be forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Rumor: Ezra Miller's Barry Allen to Face a Darker Version of Himself in The Flash Movie: https://thedirect.com/article/flash-...nate-exclusive
    Considering this is the multiverse, I find it interesting that Barry could run into malevolent versions of himself. Could this potentially be Johnny Quick?