Page 927 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4278278779179239249259269279289299309319379771027 ... LastLast
Results 13,891 to 13,905 of 20948
    Incredible Member

Why Discovery+ Cut Ties With Kevin Costner, Lupita Nyong’o and The New York Times

The looming Discovery and WarnerMedia merger may already be sending out ripple effects.

https://observer.com/2021/10/discove...ming-strategy/

Good for Val-Zod .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Unfortunately, it seems that a lot of the blame for Wonder Woman 2 falls on Patty. She's stated that WB was pretty hands-off and let her do what she wanted with the sequel. The end result was terrible. So I wouldn't be surprised if there are more suits involved with the third movie.
    I don't think it was terrible. It's odd and questionable at times but not awful

Thought it was god awful

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is this WB's fault for not willing to shop it to another director?
    There's still the chance The Trench will be revived after Aquaman 2, I guess. Wan doesn't seem interested in doing more sequels, and maybe both The Trench and the next Aquaman will be given to other directors, with Wan staying as Producer.

I'm intrigued by this project. Is Val going to join Sasha Calle in the main DCEU? How they'll differentiate it from the Coates/Abrams' Superman project? Like Val will be a teen or something? So many questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    There's still the chance The Trench will be revived after Aquaman 2, I guess. Wan doesn't seem interested in doing more sequels, and maybe both The Trench and the next Aquaman will be given to other directors, with Wan staying as Producer.

I'm intrigued by this project. Is Val going to join Sasha Calle in the main DCEU? How they'll differentiate it from the Coates/Abrams' Superman project? Like Val will be a teen or something? So many questions...
    Doubtful. It’s not connected to any DCEU projects and will likely be an “Elseworld” like Titans/Doom Patrol. Given there’s pretty much zero solo stories of worth for Val they will likely just copy CW Supergirl via taking Clark stories but repurposed for him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Im pretty excited about the Val Zod project. He has a lot of potential and has a great costume. I’m curious to see if they’ll touch on the “how would the world react if Superman was black” angle? That’s seemingly the focus of the Abrams/Coats Superman project so it could definitely step on their toes.

It would be cool if they create a next generation Justice League/Society around Val and bring in some of the New 52 Earth 2 characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thephantasm View Post
    Thought it was god awful
    Wonder Woman 84 was a mixed bag. It was not god awful as you say. It was not amazing either.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Best parts of WW84 were the bits with the Amazons, some of the scenes with Diana and Steve (not as good as the first film and definitely bogged down by the uncomfortable and unnecessary body hijacking), some of Wiig's scene when the film bothered to remember she existed and Diana not killing anybody. And the moment where Diana renounces her wish and gains the power of flight.

The mostly poor (and rare) action scenes, the wonky wish mechanics, the campy tone, the other half of Diana/Steve interactions, short changing Cheetah in the special effects and action department and above all MAX weakened it severely. I really wish it was set in the present day and only focused on Diana and Barbara with Veronica Cale in place of Max. And much better and more frequent action.

I know Max is a hill WW fans will probably die on in terms of never accepting as an actual WW antagonist but I appreciated a take that was truer to his JLI days, in some ways, and a comic book villain that was defeated through their humanity and not through a fight.

Incredible Member

I think we all have different DC films that spoke to us or didn't.

I'm one of the few here who loved Superman Returns.
    Yes, yes, I know virtually everyone else here hates it.

I think that Wonder Woman 84 is one of those films where people are pretty divided.
    I wasn't in love with the first Wonder Woman movie, but thought it was OK.

Owing perhaps to my age the trip down memory lane to 1984 was a good thing.
    But the rest of the film to me was ponderous, tedious even.
    Max was way too much Max in my opinion.
    I think if you are a hardcore Wonder Woman fan there are lots that will attract you.
    But if you aren't, this can make for difficult going.

I know Max is a hill WW fans will probably die on in terms of never accepting as an actual WW antagonist but I appreciated a take that was truer to his JLI days, in some ways, and a comic book villain that was defeated through their humanity and not through a fight.
    Should have been a Wonder Woman villain or how Ares was handled in the first movie.

Now please get the third rate Lex Luthor/Donald Trump knock off out of Wonder Woman comics.
    Last edited by Gaius; 10-27-2021 at 12:08 PM.

I thought WW84, certainly a downgrade from WW 2017, was alright. It wasn't terrible, nor was it awesome.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The silver lining is that it's hard to dislike Pascal, and you're right that if we had to have Max it was at least a more old school, less pure-evil verison.

Would have been way better to have him be Duke of Deception though, if we have to have another antagonist at all

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Should have been a Wonder Woman villain or how Ares was handled in the first movie.

Now please get the third rate Lex Luthor/Donald Trump knock off our of Wonder Woman comics.
    He was too human and cared too much for his kid to be a true knockoff .

We had Cheetah there to fulfill the need for a WW villain, although I guess her use isn't any less controversial.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The silver lining is that it's hard to dislike Pascal, and you're right that if we had to have Max it was at least a more old school, less pure-evil verison.

Would have been way better to have him be Duke of Deception though, if we have to have another antagonist at all
    Technically he was the Duke of Deception in the sense that the whole plot was the Duke of Deceptions fault to begin with.