Page 595 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 954955455855915925935945955965975985996056456951095 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,925 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Well hopefully he dies and we get the real Hawk people care about.

Already hate Cyclone, who btw has the same powers as Isis!
    You don't sound petty at all.

They have the exact same powers in the comics. Whatever I don’t care about this film anymore.
    Actually, the don't have the same powers. Isis's powerset is the same as the other Shazam characters including telekinesis and control over the forces of nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Wut? Hawkgirl almost always gets preferential treatment over Hawkman. DCAU, Justice League Heroes, Injustice, Legends of Tomorrow...
    He was in The Batman cartoon, Brave in the Bold, JLA, and now he’s getting to the big screen first. He has preferential treatment now, which is stupid considering Hawkgirl is more popular and DC lacks female characters especially POC women, while they have an abundance of White male heroes (what Hawkman is). Hawkman also gets all the comics too.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    There was some issues with Hawkgirl (hence why they replaced her; Rock replied to a fan yesterday on Twitter; I will post it if I find it).

I think WB might have some other plans or something (I dunno what else it could be).

Edit:

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1297629306290487296
    Issues? She’s not being used anywhere else!! And Walter Hamada emphasized that embargo’s no longer exist with DC. They just decided to replace her with lame Cyclone

He was in The Batman cartoon, Brave in the Bold, JLA, and now he’s getting to the big screen first. He has preferential treatment now, which is stupid considering Hawkgirl is more popular and DC lacks female characters especially POC women, while they have an abundance of White male heroes (what Hawkman is). Hawkman also gets all the comics too
    And Hawkgirl was a main character in LoT, playable over Hawkman in Injustice and Infinite Crisis. She was also in the web version of Super Hero Girls, and both of them were in season 3 of Young Justice with Shayera getting more to do. While most of Hawkman's appearances are (often non-speaking) cameos. Where's the supposed preferential treatement?

And all the comics? Kendra was in the main lineup of Snyder's Justice League and Shayera is the co-lead in the second half of Hawkman's title.

The tweet never specified that Hawkgirl would be replaced by Cyclone. It said that they ended dropping Hawkgirl because of determined circumstances that he would tell later (maybe there is other project in mind for her, or decide to use her abscense as a plot for Hawkman). He only said that an actress originally thought for Hawkgirl would be perfect for Cyclone. All the rumors before DC Fandome always said that both characters would have appeared in the film.

I'm kinda dissapointed that Hawkgirl didn't appear in the end, but if the movie is a success there is a chance that a JSA movie could happen and she could appear there.

I'm happy that Cyclone ended appearing, she was the first reason why I started reading DC comics and she is the main reason why I'm excited for the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    She's probably filling the slot Stargirl had in the 'Dark Reign' arc, of the concerned JSAer and sort of love interest, they even may make her Atom Smasher's girlfriend, who tries to stop Black Adam corrupting him.
    Has this been officially confirmed? Was it from a casting call or something?

All-New Member

I’m not looking forward to Black Adam anymore. Hawkgirl was cut for Cyclone... yeah let that sink in... lame nobody Cyclone... ugh

The Rock said there's a complicated reason they replaced Hawkgirl. (And complicated is so new for the Hawks.)

My theory is they're going to do some version of Hawkman vol. 4 for a possible spinoff movie and she won't show up until there...

Astonishing Member

DC Films boss Walter Hamada explains the multiverse approach that will be taken in regards to continuity.

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I wonder if we'll get a multiverse movie featuring Pattinson Batman since that's what people are most craving for right now
    The trailer looks amazing mind you hype is high for this movie and type of tone for Batman
    We just need some form of connected shared universe

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    We just need some form of connected shared universe
    We do? What makes you say that?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Has this been officially confirmed? Was it from a casting call or something?
    No, that's just a theory.

So rumor is that Taiki Waititi is going to voice King Shark in Suicide Squad! Steve Agee said he’s the “on set reference” for KS but he’s playing a guy named John Economos. Gunn and co have been very coy about who is voicing King Shark. Taiki is listed as a cast member but his role wasn’t announced. That would be perfect casting!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So rumor is that Taiki Waititi is going to voice King Shark in Suicide Squad! Steve Agee said he’s the “on set reference” for KS but he’s playing a guy named John Economos. Gunn and co have been very coy about who is voicing King Shark. Taiki is listed as a cast member but his role wasn’t announced. That would be perfect casting!

I've heard the rumor is Waititi is playing Starro.

I'm pretty disappointed that Batman is going to be independent from the rest of the DCEU (even though technically it isn't). An expanded universe does make every upcoming film more interesting, this is why the MCU is successful and why the DC and Marvel have been able to survive this long as well.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Eh, I think the shared universe approach in film has been limiting and mediocre in general. After over a decade, I'm glad to be getting past the need for everything to be connected.