Page 769 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2696697197597657667677687697707717727737798198691269 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,535 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member

I'm a bit...confused by WB hiring Coates to write the Superman thing. I understand he carries quite a bit of baggage, and I'd have thought WB would want to avoid any more of that, given the League debacle. I mean the man seems to be both a racist and quite evil---given his statements about 9-11 and whites in general. Not sure I'd want him writing my arguably most popular character's movie and probably making it a window into a rather nasty worldview.

Maybe that's just me though.

Incredible Member

...what a disorganized group. The bad reputation WB/DC have earned amongst some I know who are decades long comic readers finally, and truly , seems to be valid.

They literally have a group of customers who have told them precisely what they want.....and they still can't figure out what to sell them or how to get the product to market.

Inept is the word that comes to mind.
    Don't complain. Create.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    ...what a disorganized group. The bad reputation WB/DC have earned amongst some I know who are decades long comic readers finally, and truly , seems to be valid.

They literally have a group of customers who have told them precisely what they want.....and they still can't figure out what to sell them or how to get the product to market.

This. It's like they wanna make the big money but they don't know how. They have everything they need in order to succeed, namely the IP and the resources, except for a plan to capitalize on them.

I've long felt that DC has been hampered by their connection to WB rather than helped. When Marvel made their film universe they put comic book people in charge and didn't have to go by any previously held agreements and relationships in a way that DC is unable to

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    What connects those two?
    Ava Duvernay

Well... New Gods and The Trench got canned.

Can't say I'm surprised though. I've heard so little about these movies I forgot they were even a thing.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I've long felt that DC has been hampered by their connection to WB rather than helped. When Marvel made their film universe they put comic book people in charge and didn't have to go by any previously held agreements and relationships in a way that DC is unable to
    I also always thought WB was a bad fit for DC. They've owned it for decades now without seemingly having a good idea on what to do with them. And the recent AT&T acquisition has made matters infinitely worse.

When WB cancels a DC project, that doesn't mean they're screwing up. This is just how film studios normally operate.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Well... New Gods and The Trench got canned.

Can't say I'm surprised though. I've heard so little about these movies I forgot they were even a thing.
    I don’t think they will leave those characters, Mr Miracle and Big Barda alone, it could be a WandaVision type of story. Plus I miss Orion and all the other New Genesis types. If they are smart, HBO develops a New Gods series with a Game of Thrones budget!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I don’t think they will leave those characters, Mr Miracle and Big Barda alone, it could be a WandaVision type of story. Plus I miss Orion and all the other New Genesis types. If they are smart, HBO develops a New Gods series with a Game of Thrones budget!
    I hope so. Mr. Miracle and Big Barda are so cool.

The internet has some giant woman thing going on now, maybe that will motivate them, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post

I think it's mostly that they're running it more like a normal movie studio that just happens to release DC films without the razor focus of something like Marvel Studios.
    WB got them Warner Animation, which paid off way, way more than Marvel Animation did after the Disney acquisition.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Haven't there been (relatively) frequent shake ups amongst the higher ups for the last 5-10 years at WB? Can't imagine that helps either.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    When was Plastic Woman announced? Somehow missed that. Also when was Supergirl announced? I know she's been casted for Flash, but haven't seen the news for a solo (not disagreeing with you, honestly interested in when the news got dropped). Definitely agree with you that this is what the current DC slate actually looks like, although I'm not sure on those release years.
    Now, which of the movies in development will actually make it to film is another question, but of those I'm rooting for Blue Beetle, Hourman, Static, Batgirl, and Zatanna.
    Plastic Woman was announced months ago: https://variety.com/2020/film/news/p...ko-1234846943/

Supergirl is in the works since 2018: https://deadline.com/2018/08/supergi...an-1202440687/

MCU has already moved away from their story group concept after they became so big
    DC could use a concept like that, its much better than putting one person in charge of all the movies

They tried to put Johns in charge and he screwed up and seems to have made just as many mistakes as the Hollywood suits. Saying you need comic book people to make these movies is not true. What you need is people who care about their story. The studio is out for money and profit, the director wants to make art, the actors want to make a name for themselves, Who cares about the characters? Surely not the comic book scribes who don't own the characters either. You need a fan

Marvel has competent people around doing their movies
    Its important to note DC has no kevin fiege they just have whoever is in the money seat at the moment. For now Walter Hamada is in charge but if he earns a few more flops to his credit then he will be gone and replaced by someone else

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    MCU has already moved away from their story group concept after they became so big
    DC could use a concept like that, its much better than putting one person in charge of all the movies

They tried to put Johns in charge and he screwed up and seems to have made just as many mistakes as the Hollywood suits. Saying you need comic book people to make these movies is not true. What you need is people who care about their story. The studio is out for money and profit, the director wants to make art, the actors want to make a name for themselves, Who cares about the characters? Surely not the comic book scribes who don't own the characters either. You need a fan

Marvel has competent people around doing their movies
    Its important to note DC has no kevin fiege they just have whoever is in the money seat at the moment. For now Walter Hamada is in charge but if he earns a few more flops to his credit then he will be gone and replaced by someone else
    What flops has Hamada had?