Page 643 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1435435936336396406416426436446456466476536937431143 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,645 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Jenkins has been talking about the Amazon spin off long before Yara was announced. I'm doubtful it has anything to do with her.
    Really? Either way, even if it didn't original involve Yara, its got have some Yara in there now.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    It still is rather much.
    Not enough Yara if you ask me
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Really? Either way, even if it didn't original involve Yara, its got have some Yara in there now.
    I don't think that's necessarily guaranteed, although maybe Diana can finally get a Superhero sidekick in her third movie...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    What ... no not at all for all we know it could include none of the wonder girls but even so they could just as likely see Donna or Cassie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think that's necessarily guaranteed, although maybe Diana can finally get a Superhero sidekick in her third movie...
    Yes I'd love that, its time to start introducing the titans to the DCEU (I'd also like to see Garth or Jackson in Aquaman 3).

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    Yes I'd love that, its time to start introducing the titans to the DCEU (I'd also like to see Garth or Jackson in Aquaman 3).
    Wan said you don't do Aqualad until the second movie, and considering how Black Manta is likely to be a major antagonist in the second movie...it makes sense to use Jackson.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

The thing with Atlantis is that you can have multiple pupils in the school of sorcery and have it feel organic, unlike having 5 robins around that each have to take a consecutive turn. I'm fine with them focusing on one over the other but I'd like both Aqualads to feature, and throw in Dolphin while we're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    The thing with Atlantis is that you can have multiple pupils in the school of sorcery and have it feel organic, unlike having 5 robins around that each have to take a consecutive turn. I'm fine with them focusing on one over the other but I'd like both Aqualads to feature, and throw in Dolphin while we're at it.
    I mean, I'd love to see Garth and all the other protege's turn up, I'm just thinking from a screentime and plot perspective that they'll probably not want to throw in too many characters (the first movie was stuffed enough as is).

They already wasted Ludi Lin as Murk.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I mean, I'd love to see Garth and all the other protege's turn up, I'm just thinking from a screentime and plot perspective that they'll probably not want to throw in too many characters (the first movie was stuffed enough as is).

They already wasted Ludi Lin as Murk.
    The first movie was way overstuffed, so it's a good point, but because all the mythology is out of the way, it allows for more intimate world-building and supporting cast.. Lin is great but I was indifferent to his marginalization as I thought he was basically miscast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    The first movie was way overstuffed, so it's a good point, but because all the mythology is out of the way, it allows for more intimate world-building and supporting cast.. Lin is great but I was indifferent to his marginalization as I thought he was basically miscast.
    I don't disagree, but it depends on what they add/develop in the second movie.

The miscasting was basically the main problem, and was a waste of him as an actor or for him to play a character he better fit.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Murk can still show up as Arthur's bodyguard. Tula, too. She'll be pivotal in navigating Arthur's relationship with Orm, as well as being Mera's bodyguard.

As for the Aqualads? I'm fine with Garth or Jackson having a role in the background but not as a sidekick. I'd rather delve into Atlantean society and Arthur and Mera as leaders and adventurers.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Murk can still show up as Arthur's bodyguard. Tula, too. She'll be pivotal in navigating Arthur's relationship with Orm, as well as being Mera's bodyguard.

As for the Aqualads? I'm fine with Garth or Jackson having a role in the background but not as a sidekick. I'd rather delve into Atlantean society and Arthur and Mera as leaders and adventurers.
    Assuming we get Tula. I'd be fine with Murk if he gets recast into actually being Murk.

I don't think Jackson can have a background role if his dad is the main villain.

Given the way the post-credit scene of the first movie set Manta up for a bigger return, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Jackson in the sequel.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Given how quickly the first Aquaman burnt through the character's greatest hits, I think it's highly likely that we'll get everything and more with the sequel, too.

I'm not sure if that will make for a great movie, but I think the Aqualads, Tula and Dolphin are all shoe-ins for the sequel.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Assuming we get Tula. I'd be fine with Murk if he gets recast into actually being Murk.

I don't think Jackson can have a background role if his dad is the main villain.
    Everybody can have a background role. The main characters are Aquaman and Mera. A movie only has 2 or 3 hours to tell a story, you don't want too many characters choking up the screen. Tula works because she's part of Arthur's court, Murk too.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 11-26-2020 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Everybody can have a background role. The main characters are Aquaman and Mera. A movie only has 2 or 3 hours to tell a story, you don't want too many characters choking up the screen. Tula works because she's part of Arthur's court, Murk too.
    Arthur and Mera are the leads, no doubt, and I agree about not wanting too many characters, it just depends on the story you're telling and how that character services the story. They don't have to be the only ones with a relevant story in the movie.

I feel like Jackson would be pretty relevant in a film where the central conflict is between Aquaman and Manta, but they might tease him and some other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Patty Jenkins talked a bit about her plan for the Amazons spin-off.

Wonder if it'll end up being a MAX project. Seems like it might be a good fit. Maybe that Trench spin-off too.
    Johns' involvement worries me, what if it's more Grail/Jason nonsense?