Page 457 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507557957 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The spinoff that stars Dwayne Johnson is I think the main reason we are getting a Shazam sequel. Shazam wasn't a huge success (a shame because it deserved to be), but since it didn't have an insane budget it under performing isn't seen as big of a deal. Tying it in with Black Adam will hopefully help bolster the sequel.

As it stands, he's not on the same level as Aquaman, Wonder Woman or Harley. Or the renewed interest a rebooted Batman and Superman will generate. I think at this point a well made JL without those two might do fine (especially if it has Gadot and Momoa)...but still wouldn't do as well if you had a good/great film with them in it along with WW, Aquaman and as much of the full classic roster as they can manage.
    That’s like saying the first two Avengers movies would have done better if Spider-man and Wolverine were in them. That’s too hypothetical and is not giving enough credit to the success of the non A-listers.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am fine with superman and batman not being in the league. Just tell good standalone stories with them. Superman especially needs that.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Shazam is apparently getting a sequel AND a spinoff. The financial and critical success of Arthur and Diana speak for themselves. Batman is getting rebooted probably completely separeate from the Affleck version. Superman.....who knows what's in store with him? Though, I guess if you want to get technical, the "dceu" is now the Arthur, Diana, Billy and Harley show now.
    Don't know why you're trying to make Batman and Superman sound like has-beens. Batman never got a solo film in the DCEU, and there's every reason to assume that the reboot is going to be hugely successful. And so what if Shazam is getting a sequel, never said it wasn't a success or wasn't worth continuing, just that it was only very moderately so.

Do you really think Batman and Superman aren't going to make huge comebacks now that Snyder is gone?

That’s like saying the first two Avengers movies would have done better if Spider-man and Wolverine were in them. That’s too hypothetical and is not giving enough credit to the success of the non A-listers.
    But Spider-Man and Wolverine aren't classic Avengers members. It'd be more like if the first two Avengers movies didn't include Iron Man or Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Don't know why you're trying to make Batman and Superman sound like has-beens. Batman never got a solo film in the DCEU, and there's every reason to assume that the reboot is going to be hugely successful. And so what if Shazam is getting a sequel, never said it wasn't a success or wasn't worth continuing, just that it was only very moderately so.

Do you really think Batman and Superman aren't going to make huge comebacks now that Snyder is gone?
    Batman is clearly poised for a comeback under Reeves. Superman though? Nah, they’ve made no effort whatsoever to either move forward with Cavill or reboot. They’re letting the TV guys use him which is a sign there’s no plans to do anything with him on the film side. They could do a JL without Supes, Shazam could easily take his role, and Sivana is a better Lex than Eisenberg’s abortion of a Luthor.

However I don’t think the JL is making a comeback anytime soon. The brand name is tainted for the moment, and there’s not really any point. They’re not building towards anything anymore, they’re letting the directors take the characters where they want. And that’s fine, even Marvel doesn’t have plans for an Avengers movie right now. Furthermore they’d have to redo everything since Snyder’s stuff is being jettisoned which means all the core relationships would need to be redone. So might as well just let Gal, Maoma, and Miller tell their stories and maybe in the 2030s start over again.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

What's the status of New Gods and related projects if there are any? Ava seems still attached

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

No it isn't, because Spider-Man and Wolverine are not regular Avengers and the Avengers in general were not an A-list property before the first movie's success. And as a group they are stronger than the sum of their parts. Spider-Man and Wolverine are A-list solo characters, the rest of the Avengers pre movie were not.

The JL is more of an A-list property comprised mostly of characters or are A-list leads, and Superman and Batman are the biggest ones of that group. That isn't enough to save a genuinely bad movie as we've seen, but a good movie with all of them is the surest bet. Since they need time and distance from the first botched attempt anyway, they might as well include the rebooted versions when they are ready.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

When Batman and Superman are in films that are critically well received, but still bomb (and not because their budgets are astronomically high), then we can start calling them has-beens.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    When Batman and Superman are in films that are critically well received, but still bomb (and not because their budgets are astronomically high), then we can start calling them has-beens.
    Agreed. And I think the insane hype leading up to BvS and the huge opening weekend speaks for itself.
    It was the execution, not the characters, that killed the excitement for that overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    What's the status of New Gods and related projects if there are any? Ava seems still attached
    Yes, earlier this month on Twitter, she said she was taking notes from all the fancasting. In November, she confirmed she was busy writing the script with King.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yes, earlier this month on Twitter, she said she was taking notes from all the fancasting. In November, she confirmed she was busy writing the script with King.
    Oh God, Twitter. Maybe she should watch masters of the universe and star wars next�� thank you but I was hoping for better news

I never said that, that would be ridiculous. I was clearly only talking specifically about the versions in the Snyder movie universe. Those specific versions didn’t end up as successful as the others.

I wasn’t talking about every version of Batman or Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Batman is clearly poised for a comeback under Reeves. Superman though? Nah, they’ve made no effort whatsoever to either move forward with Cavill or reboot. They’re letting the TV guys use him which is a sign there’s no plans to do anything with him on the film side. They could do a JL without Supes, Shazam could easily take his role, and Sivana is a better Lex than Eisenberg’s abortion of a Luthor.

However I don’t think the JL is making a comeback anytime soon. The brand name is tainted for the moment, and there’s not really any point. They’re not building towards anything anymore, they’re letting the directors take the characters where they want. And that’s fine, even Marvel doesn’t have plans for an Avengers movie right now. Furthermore they’d have to redo everything since Snyder’s stuff is being jettisoned which means all the core relationships would need to be redone. So might as well just let Gal, Maoma, and Miller tell their stories and maybe in the 2030s start over again.
    Yeah this is what I was trying to say earlier. Only worded much better.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 01-26-2020 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It was the execution, not the characters, that killed the excitement for that overnight.
    Bingo. And I think people are really gonna like Reeves' Batman, at least going off the reception to his two Apes movies.

I never said that, that would be ridiculous. I was clearly only talking specifically about the versions in the Snyder movie universe. Those specific versions didn’t end up as successful as the others.

I wasn’t talking about every version of Batman or Superman.
    Yeah, but that's the weird thing, you keep talking about making a JL movie without those characters when we know the Snyder versions are gone along with Snyder himself. Obviously any JL movie would have new versions of those characters.

But I don't expect another JL film before 2027 if not even later than that.

Yeah, but that's the weird thing, you keep talking about making a JL movie without those characters when we know the Snyder versions are gone along with Snyder himself. Obviously any JL movie would have new versions of those characters.

But I don't expect another JL film before 2027 if not even later than that.
    You’re the one being confusing here. I’ve been talking about the continuity, not directors.
    If they were to decide to start making another JL movie tomorrow (unlikely but possible) they would probably keep continuity because they would definitely use Gadot’s WW, Momoa’s Aquaman and Levi’s Shazam. Superman and Batman, not so much.
    NOT because the characters are has-beens but because the DCEU versions specifically are considered tainted in a way the others are not.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 01-26-2020 at 12:50 PM.