Page 527 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 274274775175235245255265275285295305315375776271027 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,905 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member

BREAKING NEWS Henry Cavill Superman to Return in Multiple DC Movies
    Article @ https://comicbook.com/movies/news/he...urn-dc-movies/

Ugh. Somehow the more I read or hear it the more disappointed I become. Just was never enthused by his Supes.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I don't think he was well served by a lot of the films he was in, but I think he's got more than enough potential to be a great Superman. I think it's inevitable that we'll see Superman vs. Black Adam on screen.

Extraordinary Member

HBO Max Officially Names The DCEU Film Universe & More

HBO Max Officially Uses DC Extended Universe Label
    https://comicbook.com/movies/news/dc...hbo-max-label/

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post

That is excellent.

Not just because I love Cavill, he's cool but could probably do better with more flattering material; but because this means Superman has an immediate place in future DC movies.

Us Superman fans were looking at another potential decade without a Superman movie, or team-up movies with Wonder Woman and Aquaman that unceremoniously abandoned the importance of the world's first Superhero. At the very least, this opens the door to a Superman sequel, or a Justice League/DC Team movie that doesn't ignore him. Superman's legacy must never fall into obscurity, and that looked like a very real possibility.

HBO Max Officially Names The DCEU Film Universe & More

HBO Max Officially Uses DC Extended Universe Label
    https://comicbook.com/movies/news/dc...hbo-max-label/
    All around awesome news! oO

Not sure how much I will allow myself to get hyped though considering WBs flimsy past regarding the DCEU. But its a great (re)start!

This is sad, actually. What happened was, Cavill wanted more money, but WB didn't want to pay him due to the poor box office. So this is a compromise where WB gets to pay less and Cavill gets to do less work.

The result is Superman, freaking Superman, gets sidelined to being a B character. I'd rather wait another 10 years until a director comes along that knows how to do Superman right than spend it with Superman coming in to other characters movies to be jobbed to make them look better.

The truth is that realistically, Superman cameos or guest appearances make more sense for Cavill's schedule. The initial negotiations were done when Cavill was at a fairly slow point in his career; Justice League had just tanked and he had no other projects lined up, other than the villain role in the next Mission Impossible. Then The Witch dropped and became a huge success, and now Henry is on the hook for more episodes and any future movie projects will have to work around that schedule.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Doing just cameos wouldn't be much for Henry's resume. He would want something meaty and i assume the guy wants more creative control over the character. So, i believe this is just a testing phase. If this works out superman is seen as enough of a draw. Then we might get more.Like you said, i would have waited.now, i don't have to. I hope the works he does is good enough.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    This is sad, actually. What happened was, Cavill wanted more money, but WB didn't want to pay him due to the poor box office. So this is a compromise where WB gets to pay less and Cavill gets to do less work.

The result is Superman, freaking Superman, gets sidelined to being a B character. I'd rather wait another 10 years until a director comes along that knows how to do Superman right than spend it with Superman coming in to other characters movies to be jobbed to make them look better.
    I think it's a little too early to preemptively worry about Superman jobbing in the cameos. It's in the studio's best interest to make him look good and build back up interest (one would hope they are smart enough for that). He's not gonna upstage the actual main characters, nor should he, but hopefully they can get that across without making him look bad either.

Like have Superman come across as cool even if he doesn't defeat Black Adam. Preferably their match would be a draw, and then Shazam would decisively defeat him, which elevates all three.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The truth is that realistically, Superman cameos or guest appearances make more sense for Cavill's schedule. The initial negotiations were done when Cavill was at a fairly slow point in his career; Justice League had just tanked and he had no other projects lined up, other than the villain role in the next Mission Impossible. Then The Witch dropped and became a huge success, and now Henry is on the hook for more episodes and any future movie projects will have to work around that schedule.
    If an actor said he didn't have time to do Spider-Man I think they'd just find another actor to play Spider-Man. I would hope that WB thinks of Superman the same way. Apparently not.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think it's a little too early to preemptively worry about Superman jobbing in the cameos. It's in the studio's best interest to make him look good and build back up interest (one would hope they are smart enough for that). He's not gonna upstage the actual main characters, nor should he, but hopefully they can get that across without making him look bad either.

Like have Superman come across as cool even if he doesn't defeat Black Adam. Preferably their match would be a draw, and then Shazam would decisively defeat him, which elevates all three.
    This is exactly what i think they are aiming for. But, i do think i would have waited for another good interpretation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

He didn't feel like a sidekick in the "Return of Black Adam" Showcase short even though it was ultimately Bill/Captain Marvel's movie, for what it's worth.

If anyone might job to Black Adam it's probably the rest of the Marvel Family.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post

I agree. He shouldn't be treated that way. He's Superman, not the Hulk (if that's the example they're thinking of, with how Marvel's used the Hulk). It's not right that he be relegated to this.

Superman is a character who has not had a film that was a complete critical and financial success since the 80s. That's why they've been hesitant with the character (especially since MOS and BVS were both insanely expensive), and are now and more than happy to pursue other characters since Aquaman and Wonder Woman's solo movies were more successful.

If putting him in supporting roles to build up interest is what it takes to eventually get another solo movie, I'm fine.