Page 919 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4198198699099159169179189199209219229239299691019 ... LastLast
Results 13,771 to 13,785 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is part of the reason I wanted Affleck Batman movies. I didn't even love the take but it seemed like they were going full-on comic book Batman.
    Yeah that was the main reason I wanted to see that too.

This is part of the reason I wanted Affleck Batman movies. I didn't even love the take but it seemed like they were going full-on comic book Batman.
    If they actually do a Long Halloween type (first trailer hinted at that) great. This trailer was a bit too action heavy for my tastes.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    If they actually do a Long Halloween type (first trailer hinted at that) great. This trailer was a bit too action heavy for my tastes.
    He seems like the type of Batman who will eventually become Frank Miller’s All Star Batman. Raging, yelling, standing his ground while people shoot him, and punching the **** out of people.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

If batman is bulletproof does that make him man of steel?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Not sure why WB would ever venture away from realistic Batman(Its not realistic mind you but some fans call anything dark and noir as realism) mind you its proven along with Joker to an even bigger degree that the serious somber movies in this mythos is what sells
    Its bad news for the fans of the other bat family characters because they thrive on the opposite and need the Jokey comic book aestetic to work as characters.
    You cant do a Nightwing movie or Batgirl movie unless they abandon that

Affleck was getting slowly conned into doing an Earth One adaption by Johns last I heard which would have been terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    He seems like the type of Batman who will eventually become Frank Miller’s All Star Batman. Raging, yelling, standing his ground while people shoot him, and punching the **** out of people.
    Oh lmao.

Long Halloween is the only type of story I am interested in..we already have too many Batman movies (and I honestly don't find the character as interesting anymore - never thought I would say that considering Batman is what got me into comics).

Oh...I suppose movies around a proper Batfamily would also be nice.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    If batman is bulletproof does that make him man of steel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Not sure why WB would ever venture away from realistic Batman(Its not realistic mind you but some fans call anything dark and noir as realism) mind you its proven along with Joker to an even bigger degree that the serious somber movies in this mythos is what sells
    Its bad news for the fans of the other bat family characters because they thrive on the opposite and need the Jokey comic book aestetic to work as characters.
    You cant do a Nightwing movie or Batgirl movie unless they abandon that

Affleck was getting slowly conned into doing an Earth One adaption by Johns last I heard which would have been terrible
    To be honest, looking at the trailer, it seems way less realistic than I was expecting when you see the Batmobile dive through fire, how Selina moves, or how many bullets the Batsuit can take.

I guess how they handle the Batgirl film will be an interesting contrast though they said the fights would be pretty grounded and gritty.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Please no TLH or All Star influence please. We can aim much higher for Bruce on the characterization front.

I don't see him going full All-Star just based on this, but Loeb's Bruce can't detect his way out of a paper bag, so I'm hoping TLH isn't a major influence beyond some surface level similarities.

They also referenced Ego which I think will play a lot into the Bruce/Batman duality.

Also Telltale with possible Thomas Wayne corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Personally, I see him as the early days of Affleck's Batman. I could see Pattinson going after Cavill in BvS more than the other Batman.

Been very funny for me to see casuals on Twitter asking why there’s so much Batman crap in The Flash. Doesn’t he have enough stuff of his own? Also most people are hyped for The Batman but are also baffled as to why it’s disconnected from the DCEU.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Personally, I see him as the early days of Affleck's Batman. I could see Pattinson going after Cavill in BvS more than the other Batman.
    The use of smartphones pretty handily ruins that headcanon lol. Pretty sure this movie will have Battison end with moving away from the ultra violent nihilism he’s been embodying so far.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Been very funny for me to see casuals on Twitter asking why there’s so much Batman crap in The Flash. Doesn’t he have enough stuff of his own? Also most people are hyped for The Batman but are also baffled as to why it’s disconnected from the DCEU.
    Isn't it weird that the money shot in a Flash teaser is Batman and the Batmobile? Although I guess Spider-Man Homecoming had that scene of Spider-Man and Iron Man together that was never even in the film.
    The use of smartphones pretty handily ruins that headcanon lol. Pretty sure this movie will have Battison end with moving away from the ultra violent nihilism he’s been embodying so far.
    Yeah, I think his character development will be becoming more of a symbol for hope and less for vengeance, because the latter isn't working and Gotham needs the former.

Although I'm not sure if this film is going to be one with a lot of hope and optimism...

Isn't it weird that the money shot in a Flash teaser is Batman and the Batmobile? Although I guess Spider-Man Homecoming had that scene of Spider-Man and Iron Man together that was never even in the film.
    That’s what happens when the only people who love Ezra Flash are Snyder fans. WB knows they need to get people interested with characters the audience actually cares about. Personally I don’t think this will make a lot of money even if it reviews well, people just don’t like Ezra. Maoma is cool and people liked him from GoT plus Aquaman was dumb fun and China really helped to boost it.
    Yeah, I think his character development will be becoming more of a symbol for hope and less for vengeance, because the latter isn't working and Gotham needs the former.

Although I'm not sure if this film is going to be one with a lot of hope and optimism...
    Definitely not for the majority of the film, but perhaps towards the end. My guess is Battison will be pushed to the brink and tempted to kill. Choosing not to will be where he basically realizes how toxic he’s become and how he’s in danger of letting Gotham consume him. He rededicates himself to his mission but also changes his methods setting up a sequel where he’s on the road to healing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I can't even sit through the whole Batman trailer. All I can see is the waster opportunity of the solo batfleck movie. Like, Robert Pattinson doesn't work for me, neither has Batman nor Bruce Wayne here. And King burned any good will I had for Catwoman, so her being there and so prominently is a net loss for me.

I wonder if it's too late to cash in on that 89' nostalgia with the Flash. I don't want to make people feel old, but at this point there are going to be kids going to the theaters who have parents that are too young to remember the Keaton movies. Plus even if there were, cashing out on that nostalgia with the Flash is blatantly desperate. I'm hearing about how that Sopranos prequel movie did pretty poorly possibly because people moved on from the Sopranos a long time ago.