Page 488 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498538588988 ... LastLast
Results 7,306 to 7,320 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    You can be a criminal, hurt people for pleasure and still be a good person? News to me.

I love the Lex Luthor character, but I accept he's evil and does really bad stuff.
    Except...I never said she was a good person...She is clearly a hero though, she saves a child at the end. (It should also be noted that, even though Cassandra Cain is a damsel at the end, she too uses her own agency to help free herself. Dang, this film really is a feminist masterpiece.).
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Yes helping one person definitely negates all the other terrible things she's done and been complicit in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    So what, according to you people a feminist icon has to be Mary Sue?
    Can we officially retire this word from internet discourse? It's obvious that 98% of the people using it have no idea what it actually means.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

So what, according to you people a feminist icon has to be Mary Sue? Nah, don't think so.

The funny thing too is that if they did have HQ dump the Joker then we know the frog people will REEEEEEEEEEEEE more so than we already are. Those types of people are already upset at this movie even though the main character is deeply flawed.
    This down below. Her redemption in general is hot pile of garbage. She is a mass murderer at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    I'm pretty sure a feminist icon shouldn't be a psychotic murderer along with being a willing accomplice to tons of crimes.
    A feminist icon should at least be a good person she's not even that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The eyes are blocked out. Does that mean he might actually have the white eyes?

I'm guessing they're going to continue to CG the cape...but do those look like mo-cap dots on his face?

Those stuff on the gauntlets look like needles or weapons.

I definitely think Batman is chasing Catwoman on the Batcycle, but I doubt that's her Catwoman costume.
    That regular biker wear. At least to my untrained eyes. That would be even cheaper than The CWs villain of the week cameo costume if they stamp it as anybodys hero/villain outfit.

The cross continuity we've seen in DCEU movies hasn't radically shifted between films. Every film thus far has alluded to a previous film in some way and from what we know about SS 2 it is doing that too.
    And it does not even need to. People seem to fear that them being connected means all be in the same style and flair probably because most of the MCU movies are that. All they need if a little nod and some respect to the continuity and it could still stand on its own. Its not hard.

FYI, this is the kind of post I was getting at. People can't see how successful the DCEU is because "Marvel is bigger!"

Not to mention its crazy how people can still say DCEU films don't respect the source material. BoP has nods too the comic books, Black Canary's mother was a superhero, Huntress's backstory is directly ripped from the comics, HQ's apartment was basically pulled from the most recent run, oh, but because of Cassandra Cain is different that means DC doesn't respect the source material .
    The problem are not "the people" that cannot see that it "the right people in the right positions who do not actively work toward a better perception of the DCEU in the eyes of the people" that are the problem. You probably perceived my rant as MCU fanboyism which I like to assure you is not the case. I do watched all but the last of them as I did with the DCEU and in the latter case got the expensive bluray special editions. Up to Shazam I got and saw them all multiple times. I want them to be successful. But with them not even having any assurance of what the state on two thirds of the trinity for years (and thats just the tip of the iceberg) I and apparently a lot of others just have no confidence in them anymore.

And hard no. With BoP they do not only disrespect Black Canary but also Vixen by having a character that looks like Vixen in not just skin color; but also hairstyle during her time she worked with Huntress (oh surprise....) and her iconic yellow/black outfit style. She looks exactly how I could envision a toned down movie take on Vixen (pics below).

From all I saw its a good Harley Quinn movie and a good action movie. But as far as the BoP and Cass Cain characterization goes its a messy disrespectful trainwreck which for me sours the good parts enough to avoid it for now. And it makes me sad because as a DC fan and DCEU proponent I want to love and embrace it.

I'm surprised black comic book fans are not outraged by movie Black Canary stealing an original black female characters look. ... Oh wait; THEY ARE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z39E2chuRSY

I like your enthusiasm. But please come down your high horse. Its not only not helping to blindly ignore the problems; its making things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    And it does not even need to. People seem to fear that them being connected means all be in the same style and flair probably because most of the MCU movies are that. All they need if a little nod and some respect to the continuity and it could still stand on its own. Its not hard.

The problem are not "the people" that cannot see that it "the right people in the right positions who do not actively work toward a better perception of the DCEU in the eyes of the people" that are the problem. You probably perceived my rant as MCU fanboyism which I like to assure you is not the case. I do watched all but the last of them as I did with the DCEU and in the latter case got the expensive bluray special editions. Up to Shazam I got and saw them all multiple times. I want them to be successful. But with them not even having any assurance of what the state on two thirds of the trinity for years (and thats just the tip of the iceberg) I and apparently a lot of others just have no confidence in them anymore.

And hard no. With BoP they do not only disrespect Black Canary but also Vixen by having a character that looks like Vixen in not just skin color; but also hairstyle during her time she worked with Huntress (oh surprise....) and her iconic yellow/black outfit style. She looks exactly how I could envision a toned down movie take on Vixen (pics below).

From all I saw its a good Harley Quinn movie and a good action movie. But as far as the BoP and Cass Cain characterization goes its a messy disrespectful trainwreck which for me sours the good parts enough to avoid it for now. And it makes me sad because as a DC fan and DCEU proponent I want to love and embrace it.

I'm surprised black comic book fans are not outraged by movie Black Canary stealing an original black female characters look. ... Oh wait; THEY ARE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z39E2chuRSY

I like your enthusiasm. But please come down your high horse. Its not only not helping to blindly ignore the problems; its making things worse.
    Birds of Prey is one of the few adaptations which acknowledges the legacy of Black Canary.

And the "stealing Vixen's outfit" accusation is laughable. Vixen doesn't have a patent on the color yellow (or orange depending on who is drawing it). Or should we also go after Power Rangers for having three black female characters who have the color yellow?

Btw, the second image looks nothing like Mari.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Birds of Prey is one of the few adaptations which acknowledges the legacy of Black Canary.

And the "stealing Vixen's outfit" accusation is laughable. Vixen doesn't have a patent on the color yellow (or orange depending on who is drawing it). Or should we also go after Power Rangers for having three black female characters who have the color yellow?

Look dude, it's a visual medium driven by marketing. Perceptions matter in these things sometimes more than the nitpicky scene taken in to show as counter arguments and say, "look we do care" . I gave upon birds of prey at first. Even okayness, i would rather have black canary and huntress had different designs for costume. Because it gives of the suicide squad asthetic in spades.

Its not like we are swimming in Birds of Prey adaptions. This included there where only two adaptions to my knowledge. And the show made the twist with Oracle & Huntress first and bringing in BC later and shortly after that being cancelled so we don't even know if they planned any further reference there. Besides: The few things done right are not the problem.

And yes, the irony of you not accepting her as Mari (its her animated Arrowverse version btw) but movie BC as BC is not lost on me

Fantastic Member

So because two Black women (let's not even discuss skin tones or hair color) wear outfits with shades of yellow they look alike?
    Sorry, but her outfits in the movie are, at the very least, as recognizable as Dinah as they are Mari and as a BC fan of over 40 years I see nothing disrespectful in finally giving us an accurate depiction of the character in terms of history, demeanor, personality...and yes, looks.

And how is a suit on an animated show that 15 people watched "iconic"? Vixen's iconic look is the low cut yellow jumpsuit with the necklace and the short hair.
    Last edited by Stromberg; 02-22-2020 at 12:48 AM.

Its not like we are swimming in Birds of Prey adaptions. This included there where only two adaptions to my knowledge.
    Well this one was truer to the comic in spirit if not text and aesthetics.

And the show made the twist with Oracle & Huntress first and bringing in BC later and shortly after that being cancelled so we don't even know if they planned any further reference there.
    I'll judge the show we actually got not the one we could have gotten.

Besides: The few things done right are not the problem.
    Some of the problems are that are being criticized aren't problems at all.

And yes, the irony of you not accepting her as Mari (its her animated Arrowverse version btw) but movie BC as BC is not lost on me
    That was me pointing out the hypocrisy. That image doesn't even get Mari's skin tone right.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-22-2020 at 01:11 AM.

. That image doesn't even get Mari's skin tone right.
    Let that sink in for a moment inside the whole context of what even if its not a problem to you personally apparently is a problem otherwise this whole discussion would not exist.

Spectacular Member

The title of this thread amuses me. It's funny that because of their "course correction" we've got a version of BvS where Superman says about 10 lines throughout the whole movie just so we'll have more Batman. It's because of this "course correction" we've got tonally messed up cinematic abominations like Suicide Squad and Justice League. And because of that "course correction" there isn't a vision for the universe and just completely random bunches of whatever so that the cash grab machine will still function as long as it's possible.
    The more time passes, the more evident it is to me that without Snyder there is little excitement. WW and Aquaman were fine blockbusters, but not the ones I'm even willing to rewatch and think about. Shazam is such a blunt and basic flick I wish I haven't spent money on it. And Birds of Prey, well let's just say it didn't show anything to make me interested. Joker was phenomenal, but that's an Elseworlds movie.
    For all of his flaws, Snyder offered a vision that I was interested to see. Now there's none. So, yeah, maybe it is time to shut this project down because if this is the "course correction" they offer, let's just say it didn't work for me and many people I speak with.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    The title of this thread amuses me. It's funny that because of their "course correction" we've got a version of BvS where Superman says about 10 lines throughout the whole movie just so we'll have more Batman. It's because of this "course correction" we've got tonally messed up cinematic abominations like Suicide Squad and Justice League. And because of that "course correction" there isn't a vision for the universe and just completely random bunches of whatever so that the cash grab machine will still function as long as it's possible.
    The more time passes, the more evident it is to me that without Snyder there is little excitement. WW and Aquaman were fine blockbusters, but not the ones I'm even willing to rewatch and think about. Shazam is such a blunt and basic flick I wish I haven't spent money on it. And Birds of Prey, well let's just say it didn't show anything to make me interested. Joker was phenomenal, but that's an Elseworlds movie.
    For all of his flaws, Snyder offered a vision that I was interested to see. Now there's none. So, yeah, maybe it is time to shut this project down because if this is the "course correction" they offer, let's just say it didn't work for me and many people I speak with.
    I have to admit I hate the title of this thread and have wanted to change it numerous times, FWIW.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I have to admit I hate the title of this thread and have wanted to change it numerous times, FWIW.
    Not the MCU or movies based on DC characters or DC movies