Page 230 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1301802202262272282292302312322332342402803307301230 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    You guys seen this Jared Leto interview? Who knew he was such a DC shill? I liked him as Joker, minus some tats and the script didn't give him much to work with, but I liked him a lot. He felt different enough, imo.

https://twitter.com/JNapierrr/status...88134960730125
    I didn't care for Leto at all as Joker. Kind of not disappointed we probably won't be seeing him in the role again anytime soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    That looks good I think. DC close to Star Trek Discovery.

You guys seen this Jared Leto interview? Who knew he was such a DC shill? I liked him as Joker, minus some tats and the script didn't give him much to work with, but I liked him a lot. He felt different enough, imo.

https://twitter.com/JNapierrr/status...88134960730125
    Nothing he said was incorrect

I loved his Joker and We really did not get enough it anyway to form the same manner of opinion that we can for Ledger, Nicholson, etc and I don't see why we couldn't give it another chance

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

The tattoos aside, I never really understood what people saw as so off-beat with him as Joker. His gaze, mannerisms and unpredictability were great. That's just me

But it's nice of him to praise DC like that.

Astonishing Member

DC may never get the love that Marvel gets and that’s fine all I care is if they can chart their own path without copying the competition.

And I do think there will be another Justice League film one day once enough time has passed.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    The tattoos aside, I never really understood what people saw as so off-beat with him as Joker. His gaze, mannerisms and unpredictability were great. That's just me

This is just me, but even beyond the visuals of his Joker his voice and mannerisms just seemed less Joker and more "try-hard," so I just couldn't get invested in him at all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    How much does it cost to do a series of 12 issues against how much does it cost to make a major motion picture? Disney and Warner shouldn't even worry about the failing sales of comic books--I'd bet they pay just as much for a movie treatment. DC and Marvel should be doing more runs of comics to work out the characters and the concepts and then using that as the foundation for a movie.

I'm totally in love with DOOM PATROL on streaming. It might not be a huge hit, but it shows how you can adapt the comics to the screen. I want more of that.
    One issue not everybody is streaming or has access to certain channels.

The comic book is a cheaper option and for MANY properties it's the only way to get THAT version of the project created.

Remember Static Shock? What you saw on that cartoon is NOTHING like it was for that first comic book series.
    In comics Static had both parents, a confirmed gay friend & a female side kick (that became his wife). The network FOUGHT against all that include Static's skin color.
    Look at Black Lightning-where are his daughters in comics? At a time where Riri, Moon Girl, Shuri, Goldie Vance, Kick Ass and other black female lead books are OUT-why are they and Vixen MIA?

And you still have ANOTHER issue-what version do you use?
    Firestorm? Ronnie/Stein or Legends of Tomorrow Jax version since Jason is no longer around.

And then you get the battle of WHO gets made?

Going by DC antics we would see the ENTIRE Batman Depressed universe in movies before the likes of Plastic Man or JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Remember Static Shock? What you saw on that cartoon is NOTHING like it was for that first comic book series.
    In comics Static had both parents, a confirmed gay friend & a female side kick (that became his wife). The network FOUGHT against all that include Static's skin color.
    Still a pretty great Superhero show .
    Look at Black Lightning-where are his daughters in comics? At a time where Riri, Moon Girl, Shuri, Goldie Vance, Kick Ass and other black female lead books are OUT-why are they and Vixen MIA?
    If they pop up anywhere, it'll probably be in Outsiders.

But, yeah, DC really needs to do better by Vixen.
    And you still have ANOTHER issue-what version do you use?
    Firestorm? Ronnie/Stein or Legends of Tomorrow Jax version since Jason is no longer around.
    Jax is basically black Ronnie though.
    Going by DC antics we would see the ENTIRE Batman Depressed universe in movies before the likes of Plastic Man or JSA.
    I think that's less likely after the success of Aquaman and Shazam (albeit more critically then financially).

Shazam did well for its budget. I wish it did at least 500M but it's okay. I hope Black Adam isn't affected though, because Rock seems really anxious to play that character.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't care for Leto at all as Joker. Kind of not disappointed we probably won't be seeing him in the role again anytime soon.
    I felt the same way. It seemed like he was trying really hard to channel Ledger’s Joker. Leto is a fantastic actor but I was pretty disappointed with his performance. I’m sure a lot had to do with the script.

Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post

Yeah, I felt more or less the same way. He's the only live-action Joker I ever found truly intimidating, which I feel is very appropriate for the character. I'd like to see him get another chance at the role someday, but I kind of doubt it at this point.
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    DC may never get the love that Marvel gets and that’s fine all I care is if they can chart their own path without copying the competition.

And I do think there will be another Justice League film one day once enough time has passed.
    I'm not jealous of the love they're getting. I'm jealous of all the great films they're getting.

If only they'd never handed the keys to the DCU to Zack freaking Snyder we might have had a great JL film by now.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I'm not jealous of the love they're getting. I'm jealous of all the great films they're getting.

If only they'd never handed the keys to the DCU to Zack freaking Snyder we might have had a great JL film by now.
    As I was watching Avengers:Endgame I was really feeling some type of way. It wasn't only jealously but I was proud for Marvel. They came a long way on the backs of unpopular characters outside of comics. They even propped them up to continue their successful ride.

BANNED

Lmao sad times we live in where Marvel movies are considered more than schlock entertainment to people. Sad sad times

DC needs to stay the course and focus on their solo movies, which for the most part have been pretty solid and successful. Shazam! Was an absolute blast.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post

Well Snyder is gone. You got what you wanted. Take the win and enjoy it. Super villains hold grudges based on less.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 05-06-2019 at 07:57 AM.