Page 262 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1622122522582592602612622632642652662723123627621262 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 20948

I'm guessing with Black Adam having a confirmed director it's now 80% more likely to happen then a lot of other DC movies .

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    There was talks of Cass not being anything like her comic self so we'll see on that but Dinah's scream should be the only expensive vfx. Hopefully the fight are badass and well done.
    If they can do a convincing looking Canary Cry on the CW TV shows it shouldn't be all that expensive to do the Canary Cry in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    This rumor feels more like a fan casting but I thought I’d share anyways.

Attachment 83152
    I would love Lucas Till, he was criminally underused as Havok in the X-Men movies.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I doubt that. Barry in the DCEU isn’t gay, and I’m not even sure Ezra was very popular in the role. I doubt people will care if he gets let go. And Ezra is the one not feeling the script.
    I love Ezra Miller as an actor but as the Flash, I didn't like that version of him.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I'm personally not going to miss Miller's Kid Flash too much.

His Flash felt like they were treading to close to the MCU's Spider-Man. And I don't even like the MCU's Spider-Man.

The problem wasn't Miller, I dont think, as much as it was the material he was given to work with. Most modern versions of Barry have so much of Wally West rubbed into the character it's not really Barry at all anymore (nor is it Wally, its like those weird fusions we see in stuff like Kingdom Come and the 6th dimension story in JL). Flash has sort of fallen into that "awkward yet sarcastic Everyman" archetype that (as others have said) is more Peter Parker than Barry Allen, who used to be more of a shy, introspective nerd than what we got in the movie (and the CW didn't really play it right either, last I knew; too charming and cute-sy).

Ezra is a good actor. He really is. But he wasn't the right choice for Barry and the script and Snyder just made it worse. I think if Miller had been given more "Barry-like" material to work with he could have done a decent, passable performance that "felt" more like Barry even if it didn't blow us all away.

But I get the feeling that Miller would've been bored silly playing such a straight-laced guy as "classic" Barry Allen.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I think this was not helped by the early films being panned and developing a reputation for being way too serious or morose, so I'm sure everyone went in with the idea that the Justice League definitely needed a lighthearted comic relief character to keep things from getting too dark or upsetting, which is how the Flash was written in the JL TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    The problem wasn't Miller, I dont think, as much as it was the material he was given to work with. Most modern versions of Barry have so much of Wally West rubbed into the character it's not really Barry at all anymore (nor is it Wally, its like those weird fusions we see in stuff like Kingdom Come and the 6th dimension story in JL). Flash has sort of fallen into that "awkward yet sarcastic Everyman" archetype that (as others have said) is more Peter Parker than Barry Allen, who used to be more of a shy, introspective nerd than what we got in the movie (and the CW didn't really play it right either, last I knew; too charming and cute-sy).

Ezra is a good actor. He really is. But he wasn't the right choice for Barry and the script and Snyder just made it worse. I think if Miller had been given more "Barry-like" material to work with he could have done a decent, passable performance that "felt" more like Barry even if it didn't blow us all away.

But I get the feeling that Miller would've been bored silly playing such a straight-laced guy as "classic" Barry Allen.
    I've always found Barry pretty charming, in his own way .

Miller's Flash mostly felt like a weird mix of Bart and Wally. But one of my biggest problems with him is that he just came off wayyy too young.

Fantastic Member

They definitely are going with the same Flash that we seen in JL even if they ditch Miller. Just so you know lol

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    They definitely are going with the same Flash that we seen in JL even if they ditch Miller. Just so you know lol
    I mean, if they ditch Miller and aren't as stringent about the connectivity/continuity I doubt they're just going to have try and match the exact same Flash anymore then Pattinson is going to be portraying a young Affleck as Batman (which he isn't).

The new Flash will definitely be a lighthearted character that cracks jokes but since WB is giving directors a lot of freedom, I expect that will also apply to the new Flash as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The new Flash will definitely be a lighthearted character that cracks jokes but since WB is giving directors a lot of freedom, I expect that will also apply to the new Flash as well.
    I just hope they apply that in a way where it's not a direct Wally ripoff (because of course the lead will probably still be Barry).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, if they ditch Miller and aren't as stringent about the connectivity/continuity I doubt they're just going to have try and match the exact same Flash anymore then Pattinson is going to be portraying a young Affleck as Batman (which he isn't).
    I mean, they’re only ditching Ezra because he won’t play ball with their and the directors vision of Flash. What we saw in JL was what execs and likely what the directors of Flash envision for the character. Why do you think they went with comedy directors?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    I mean, they’re only ditching Ezra because he won’t play ball with their and the directors vision of Flash. What we saw in JL was what execs and likely what the directors of Flash envision for the character. Why do you think they went with comedy directors?
    Yeah, he wants a "darker" Flash. Because (1.) that's totally what Flash should be, and (2.) of course "dark" superheroes have been such a winning strategy for WB so far, right?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--