Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I know I have no intention of seeing this. I was on the fence/lukewarm even before the Miller stuff came out just because it looks like we're not getting a Superman sequel anytime soon. Now it's a non-starter with me. If they did COIE how would that work? Keaton as a Batman. Would Routh return as Superman? Would Hoechlin make a guest appearance? Even the Arrow-verse version required pulling a lot of strings and they managed to get some good ones. Would Lynda Carter reprise her role as WW? The whole premise behind COIE is that it's more than one universe. Now, something like Flashpoint would make a lot more sense. But they can't even get Cavill to come back.
    I don't personally see the point in having a multiverse movie that only references different actors playing the same exact characters. The point of the multiverse is to show the same character but under very different circumstances, or a very different character. No Way Home was cool but watching 3 standard Spider-Men interact only has value for its meta self-awareness. They're all Peter Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Makes sense, Aquaman is a meh character to bring to the screen. Sure the origin story helps but what next? It's Caesar underwater and i'm not sure people want to see that. I mean, I love Aquaman but he is not a franchise. NOW it may work if they could do more with Manta but I don't think they went that route. Truthfully, I have no clue what Aquaman 2 is about but if it's Political Intrigue underwater it's not going to make bank.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm not surprised. I'm more surprised it took this long. Isn't Aquaman 2 the only DCEU movie that's finished still left in the pipeline?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Makes sense, Aquaman is a meh character to bring to the screen. Sure the origin story helps but what next? It's Caesar underwater and i'm not sure people want to see that. I mean, I love Aquaman but he is not a franchise. NOW it may work if they could do more with Manta but I don't think they went that route. Truthfully, I have no clue what Aquaman 2 is about but if it's Political Intrigue underwater it's not going to make bank.
    By that logic DC doesn’t have any franchise characters outside of Batman
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

It sucks, but I'm not surprised by this. After the origin story I don't know where you go with Aquaman. Even the comics seem to be in a perpetual cycle of Arthur losing and regaining the throne of Atlantis.

The first movie had a war between the undersea kingdoms, introduced Black Manta, introduced The Trench, all with a potential war with the surface looming in the background. I'm not sure if a buddy team up with Arthur and Orm is gonna be that appealing.

You can introduce Kaldur as Manta's son, but that wouldn't be until a third movie.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    By that logic DC doesn’t have any franchise characters outside of Batman
    Very few that WB can turn into real franchise characters anyway. And those who have the potential to break out, you see what usually tends to happen. Either they get what Hal got, or their movie gets shut down like with Babs.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It sucks, but I'm not surprised by this. After the origin story I don't know where you go with Aquaman. Even the comics seem to be in a perpetual cycle of Arthur losing and regaining the throne of Atlantis.

The first movie had a war between the undersea kingdoms, introduced Black Manta, introduced The Trench, all with a potential war with the surface looming in the background. I'm not sure if a buddy team up with Arthur and Orm is gonna be that appealing.

You can introduce Kaldur as Manta's son, but that wouldn't be until a third movie.
    I saw multiple reports that they wouldn't introduce Kaldur because Manta is still young in the film. DC instead wanted Garth.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Aquaman 2 will introduce Dolphin, apparently she is played by an unknown actress.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-11-2022 at 01:28 PM.

Aquaman really got a boost from China, I don’t think it was very well received in the States iirc. Might be that people aren’t very enthusiastic about it here. Absolutely insane if they’re really going to cancel Flash, what do you even do then?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Only one new DC feature project currently has a greenlight post-merger: “Joker: Folie à Deux,” which is scheduled to hit theaters in 2024. The film will cost roughly $150 million to produce.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/d...av-1235337927/

Titans and Doom Patrol are on the chopping block supposedly
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Titans and Doom Patrol are on the chopping block supposedly
    Link? Titans would be a mercy killing but losing Doom Patrol would be tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Link? Titans would be a mercy killing but losing Doom Patrol would be tragic.
    Wasn’t Doom Patrol only supposed to last 4 seasons tho? Or at least that’s how they planned it
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

"Even if Hamada does remain in his job, Zaslav still plans to transform DC’s film and TV efforts from a confederation of semi-integrated productions into a single, MCU-style creative endeavor."
    When are these idiots going to finally realize that you can't just try to "copy" MCU's success. They mention that whatever lackey Zaslav ends up putting in Hamada's place will report only to him, meaning yet another yes person who only has as much control as Zaslav allows them to have. Which was exactly why Fiege couldn't get certain films off the ground until Perlmutter was out. It's just gonna be another fruitless endeavor of ignorant executives who are now going to be more aggressive than usual due to the debt they find themselves in.