Page 1107 of 1153 FirstFirst ... 1076071007105710971103110411051106110711081109111011111117 ... LastLast
Results 16,591 to 16,605 of 17284
  1. #16591
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Taking with a grain of salt, but thoughts:

    - I'm expecting this is going to lead to emphasizing John and Jessica and probably downplaying any involvement or influence Hal had on Jessica as a character.

    - Weird, if Jessica is the lead of the HBOMax show, they haven't even cast her and Simon for it. But there's a lot of weird stuff going on with that show and how radio silent it gets on any production news.

    - If Hal's in it I'll expect it to be like Beware my Power where he's more of like a background/historical figure killed off or reduced to such a state that he's basically non-threatening to any other GL's and so Sinestro can fight whatever GL they need him to and maybe use other Hal storylines/characters for other GL's.

    - Nobody cares about poor Kyle.
    Kyle is the middle child of ten lanterns.
    If a standard JL teams always includes the Caucasian S B W then it hard to justify Hal Guy or Kyle

  2. #16592
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    17,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yep, the animated movies have been a pretty good indicator of the direction DC/WB will be going with their properties. John Stewart as the face of the GL franchise just makes sense marketing wise. He’s their most well known POC characters and the Ray Fisher situation has pretty much killed Cyborg’s push. He noticeably got buried after the controversy. So DC is in need of more diversity on their promotional Justice League roster.

    I love Jessica but DC has a history of seemingly doing a “one Latino character at a time” policy. They barely acknowledge Jaime Reyes as it is.
    Part of it also is that Kyle’s “glory days” were when he was the only Lantern and that’s just not a status quo WB or DC are interested in.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  3. #16593
    Astonishing Member El_Gato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Kyle is the middle child of ten lanterns.
    If a standard JL teams always includes the Caucasian S B W then it hard to justify Hal Guy or Kyle
    Well they could play up Kyles Mexican heritage. I mean a lot of the time he’s drawn with Brown skin and black hair
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

  4. #16594
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    86,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yep, the animated movies have been a pretty good indicator of the direction DC/WB will be going with their properties. John Stewart as the face of the GL franchise just makes sense marketing wise. He’s their most well known POC characters and the Ray Fisher situation has pretty much killed Cyborg’s push. He noticeably got buried after the controversy. So DC is in need of more diversity on their promotional Justice League roster.

    I love Jessica but DC has a history of seemingly doing a “one Latino character at a time” policy. They barely acknowledge Jaime Reyes as it is.
    I honestly thought they were going to push Jessica out for Jo Mullein.

  5. #16595
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    17,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I honestly thought they were going to push Jessica out for Jo Mullein.
    I didn’t, Jess has easily lapped her predecessors in popularity pretty quickly, she’s easily the third most popular Lantern behind Hal and John. She’s in the animated stuff (DCSG, Super Pets, the Fatal Five movie), so she’s already growing an audience beyond the comics. And both DC and Marvel don’t have a lot of Latin characters despite Latinos surpassing black Americans as the largest growing minority.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  6. #16596
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,896

    Default

    Nevermind. Moving on.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-22-2022 at 04:10 PM.

  7. #16597
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    No offense intended but sometimes it can still baffle me to see people casually make comments like this. A founding JL member is "hard to justify" to be part of a JL roster because of how he looks like. Damn. Well if this is what these decisions are primarily based on now, I suppose that's one way of WB/DC telling me whether to support them or not.
    Just looking at it like the way are in corporate

    It’s not just WB/DC it’s Marvel and many other companies too.

  8. #16598
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The 35 million dollars price tag limit is gonna hurt and DC show that has non street level stars. That 75 million planned for wonder twins would be better off for green lantern
    The 35 million budget is for HBO Max movies so, as far as we know, the shows can still have huge budgets.

  9. #16599
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - I'm expecting this is going to lead to emphasizing John and Jessica and probably downplaying any involvement or influence Hal had on Jessica as a character.
    I hope not, I hope that Hal's friendships and influence on all these characters are maintained.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - Nobody cares about poor Kyle.
    One day...

  10. #16600
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    17,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    The 35 million budget is for HBO Max movies so, as far as we know, the shows can still have huge budgets.
    Of course Zaslov has also said he needs to cut $3 billion from WBD’a budget and that he has no plans to compete in a “spending war”…
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  11. #16601
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    86,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    I hope not, I hope that Hal's friendships and influence on all these characters are maintained.
    Same here .
    One day...
    At this point I think the best we can hope for is Kyle to cameo in Young Justice.

  12. #16602
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    I hope not, I hope that Hal's friendships and influence on all these characters are maintained.



    One day...
    I hope so too.

  13. #16603
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Well they could play up Kyles Mexican heritage. I mean a lot of the time he’s drawn with Brown skin and black hair
    No he is drawn white passing and since they have Jessica they don’t need him
    Unless they find a way to differentiate him from the others

  14. #16604
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,336

    Default


  15. #16605
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Taking with a grain of salt, but thoughts:

    - I'm expecting this is going to lead to emphasizing John and Jessica and probably downplaying any involvement or influence Hal had on Jessica as a character.

    - Weird, if Jessica is the lead of the HBOMax show, they haven't even cast her and Simon for it. But there's a lot of weird stuff going on with that show and how radio silent it gets on any production news.

    - If Hal's in it I'll expect it to be like Beware my Power where he's more of like a background/historical figure killed off or reduced to such a state that he's basically non-threatening to any other GL's and so Sinestro can fight whatever GL they need him to and maybe use other Hal storylines/characters for other GL's.

    - Nobody cares about poor Kyle.
    I’m taking it with a grain of salt as well. I need some corroboration before I take the word of one Twitter user. Also, I think someone else stated that this guy has actually been wrong before.

    Also, it still seems like the GLC show is still moving forward at the very least given the comments by the showrunner.

    At the very least though, as long as they give Hal a role that’s not minimal and show him as a competent human who was the first human to join the GLC like he is in the comics, then I’ll be totally fine with him doing an older version who is training up the newer recruits. Although, as someone pointed out, this might not be new news. Wasn’t the whole “Lethal Weapon in space” description something we heard very early on?
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 05-23-2022 at 06:16 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •