Page 717 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2176176677077137147157167177187197207217277678171217 ... LastLast
Results 10,741 to 10,755 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Unfortunately WonderBat is what replaced the planned Batman/Lois romance and that will still be in there as far as I know.
    I didn't get the impression this film will incorporate much more than the theatrical cut did; light teasing. If it does go further though, just another reason to be so thankful the solo franchise became for all intents and purposes divorced from the Snyderverse outside of the first movie's brief voiceover about the source of the picture.

Honestly though it wouldn't half surprise me if the hints with Diana didn't replace anything at all. She likes him, he ends up liking Lois. More Batwank for your buck in that respect.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-22-2021 at 05:54 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Johns himself didn't have the power to put Whedon in charge of the movie, that's what the folks above his paygrade did who were afraid of not getting their bonuses.

Now, Johns's alleged "enabling" of Whedon's behavior during the JL reshoots is a different story, but I agree, they should've released the original version and both save themselves the subsequent embarrassment and have the common decency to just let a grieving father finish his work in peace.

One thing that also struck me about that article outside the creative differences we all know about, was Snyder was clearly aware it was ridiculous to introduce all those characters in the same movie, let alone a 2 hour movie. The article points out they literally felt the pressure of needing to have an "answer" to Marvel Studios, which I always believed was the worst mindset any studio like that can have. Snyder seems to have known all along that WB wasn't interested in actually building the DCEU first, they just wanted the Avengers money asap. And naturally decided they could get that by bringing in the Avengers guy himself. And well, here we are now. Talk about buffoons.
    But it was Snyder's idea to introduce Batman into what should have been a Superman sequel. Then he set about killing Superman in his second movie appearance that also introduced Wonder Woman. Snyder was just full of bad ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    But it was Snyder's idea to introduce Batman into what should have been a Superman sequel. Then he set about killing Superman in his second movie appearance that also introduced Wonder Woman. Snyder was just full of bad ideas.
    Now to be fair the article did go over everything
    He needed to introduce Batman in the first place because Man of Steel didn't make enough money to satisfy the studio. If MoS made something like a billion they would definitely have felt less pressure from the MCU's success and not rush into the JL
    the appearances of WW, Flash, Aquaman,etc all because the studio was worried about marvel

that was one of the first genuine opportunities they had to push big blue over Batman and it failed so they have to go back to the well that sells

His decision to kill Superman was pretty bad and baffling but apparently zack also wanted to kill Batman and he definitely misfired with casting for a older Batman so much so that the studio needed to reboot Batman with a much younger actor not even a year later
    He is a great visual director and knows how to shoot action but his story ideas have always been weak. For the record Chris Terio wrote BvS

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yes, that and he was the bestest superhero ever who was always right and could outrun Darkseid's Omega Beam, judo flip Kalibak and knock out Sinestro with a batarang and be the only one of the Justice Lords to see the light.

Him ending up alone doesn't mean the "he's the best superhero ever" favoritism wasn't 100% on display
    So basically yes ignore everything about him that was portrayed as bad, ignore how he ultimately ends up and only bring up the cool stuff he did.

Astonishing Member

Definitely would’ve been weird, especially after Lois nearly saw Batman stab Clark to death by a Kryptonite spear, but Zack likely would’ve done it in a way that it was more of a unrequited love situation where both end up realizing they’re just not right for each other.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-22-2021 at 06:48 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    So basically yes ignore everything about him that was portrayed as bad, ignore how he ultimately ends up and only bring up the cool stuff he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Definitely would’ve been weird, especially after Lois nearly saw Batman stab Clark to death by a Kryptonite spear, but Zack likely would’ve done it in a way that it was more of a unrequited love situation where both end up realizing they’re just not right for each other.
    But would any of it have been necessary?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Yeah, but Lois was into Bruce. She hated Batman, and Batman is why Lois decided not to go forward with Bruce. Also, she wasn't actively dating Clark/Superman at the same time.
    Does that matter?it was absolutely rubbish.She was falling over the rich handsome guy the minute he landed.There is being attracted to someone.Then there is this.Considering how Bruce timm had basically every girl be with batman.It was another bad choice.Also,Lois was not the kinda of girl who fell for the next "alpha" male in the room,rejecting all the average guys.But that would be how it comes off.Lois rejects Clark Kent with glasses in comics cause a) it's fake b) it pushed her into danger and didn't defend her c)the lies and hiding.Here,Clark is the real identity.There is no glasses persona.The Clark Kent is the guy with glasses and not Superman.

Moreover,I don't care what happens to batman or what they decide.Treat superman better.Superman was the main concern.Bruce timm had absolutely no handle on any of his cast (except for bibbo) or superman himself.He created another bland moral authority that doesn't have Individuality and his own sense of right."Doing the right thing" is superman's motive.Not being an example or doing good or saving people.Those happen because he does the right thing.I merely want a more a balanced morality from superman.I hate that superman as a character is comfortable with his chains.
    Anything and everything bad done by Snyder has been done by someone else before.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-22-2021 at 08:47 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    So basically ignore everything everyone has been saying for a few bad things that aren't even that bad limited to like one episode.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    So basically ignore everything everyone has been saying for a few bad things that aren't even that bad limited to like one episode.
    So yes then, ignore and downplay the bad stuff, got it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Definitely would’ve been weird, especially after Lois nearly saw Batman stab Clark to death by a Kryptonite spear,
    Man, now that would have been an AU to remember. Lois sees the Bat nearly kill Superman, who then dies anyway.

She gets close to the Bat, afterwards.

And goes all Lex Luthor on him, attempting to tear him with some journalistic kung-fu, publishing all his secrets to the world after getting close enough to ferret them out.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Seems like a decent fit.

About time! Can’t wait! My a favorite character of all time getting some time to shine!!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Good to see they're moving forward .

Ah so it seems like WB will finally get one demographic before Marvel. Though if I remember correctly, Feige mentioned plans for Nova recently, but I guess it's not the same since Richard will apparently be there too and not just Sam.