Page 529 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 294294795195255265275285295305315325335395796291029 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,935 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would be surprised if these cameos/guest appearances aren't still hard shifts from Cavill under Snyder.
    I think Snyder himself would want them to be anyway. Whether he took too long to take Superman from doubtful beginner to confident hero is debatable, but I think most would agree that that was the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I think Snyder himself would want them to be anyway. Whether he took too long to take Superman from doubtful beginner to confident hero is debatable, but I think most would agree that that was the arc.
    Well, I acknowledge that was probably Snyder's intention in some form.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    @bold i would prefer to wait or have no superman than this.
    Let's be honest. Henry Cavill's Superman needs a character makeover, and I'm not convinced that he has the skill to pull it off. This is probably the best way to do it outside of a complete recasting.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Let's be honest. Henry Cavill's Superman needs a character makeover, and I'm not convinced that he has the skill to pull it off. This is probably the best way to do it outside of a complete recasting.
    No thanks, i don't plan on seeing superman portrayed as incompetent punching bag. I wouldn't waste money to see that on big screen. If this is how they are gonna treat the character. Then it's one more reason i think the character should be in public domain. Oh! Well, if that one punch man movie is good.i will atleast get a guy doing right albeit for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I apologise for coming a little strong. I am gonna warn you though. If you go in thinking superman is this and this you may not like it. Its the same deal with anything that's goldenage superman interpretation(morrison's run touch on goldenage and transitions superman into silverage).The guy(superman) runs from police, is a complete vigilante that transitions to silverage heroics and he is back to goldenage strongman powerlevels that changes, ofcourse. Superman as a proletariat champion is the focus.Also, read superman smashes the klan. It has the same goldenage to silverage transition aspect. Personally, i am more of a pulp outlaw superman fan than even the silverage "superhero". I like the man of tomorrow but not as much. I don't particularly carefor "pop" culture idea of superman. I have major issues with postcrisis. So, i am biased. There will be others who can give a better recommendation. I grew up with phantom and one piece. A superman that's like that, just fit my taste.
    Haha, no worries. That's fine my me; I started with New 52 and then went back and started at Zero Hour; I don't mind different takes on the characters (which I think is what makes it interesting to begin with).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

I mean I’m sure it’s not a popular idea but if Cavill is just making cameo appearances then maybe DC should introduce a member of the superfamily. It could be Supergirl, but it could easily be Superboy, Steel, or even Kong Kenan (heck want a Kid friendly movie go with Krypto). They could have Cavill appear to accept the character or even train them, that way we know there will be a Superperson around to appear on a regular basis. Just an idea though.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Remember when Geoff Johns threw Zack Snyder and David Ayer under the bus in interviews and proclaimed himself as the "savior" of DC films?

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/...80537943199744
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    Remember when Geoff Johns threw Zack Snyder and David Ayer under the bus in interviews and proclaimed himself as the "savior" of DC films?

Where did Geoff proclaim himself the savior? Meanwhile, I'm seeing some of the typical "snake" talk that drove him off Twitter.

Also lol:

AyerTwitter.JPG

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Yeah I am not sure what Ayer's goal is here considering he made it abundantly clear it was his film during promo and then post film reflected on mistakes he made ie he said he should have added more Joker. But apparently there was plenty of Joker? Something is a bit off here.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Yeah I am not sure what Ayer's goal is here considering he made it abundantly clear it was his film during promo and then post film reflected on mistakes he made ie he said he should have added more Joker. But apparently there was plenty of Joker? Something is a bit off here.
    He may have been saying that during promotion to make the company happy and not rock the boat, which would be understandable if he wanted to not burn bridges.

But if Johns was brought in to change stuff, I don't know if it's fair to paint him as a villain for it (not that Ayer himself is doing that). Like someone in that thread says, Johns was at the mercy of WB too.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    He may have been saying that during promotion to make the company happy and not rock the boat, which would be understandable if he wanted to not burn bridges.

But if Johns was brought in to change stuff, I don't know if it's fair to paint him as a villain for it (not that Ayer himself is doing that). Like someone in that thread says, Johns was at the mercy of WB too.
    I do feel bad for Johns in all of this you have the movie only fans after him not knowing what he's done for actual comics. Like the only reason why we got a live action Cyborg or Aquaman was because of Johns.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I do feel bad for Johns in all of this you have the movie only fans after him not knowing what he's done for actual comics. Like the only reason why we got a live action Cyborg or Aquaman was because of Johns.
    There was also that he was helping to promote the films. Remember that tv special where he was going over the different franchises with (I think) Kevin Smith, and they presented the Bohemian Rhapsody trailer for Suicide Squad? That was pre-BvS release, and he was helping write the script for Wonder Woman at that point, so it's not like he's some alien element than came in at the last minute to screw with things.

How could Johns sabotage the visionary director behind kino such as Bright like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post

Johns really had no business at all messing with Zack or Ayer's films
    but hey its all in the past now
    He had his shot at running things and failed as well

As long as people just let him write and don't give him power to make decisions like that again everything should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Johns really had no business at all messing with Zack or Ayer's films
    but hey its all in the past now
    He had his shot at running things and failed as well

As long as people just let him write and don't give him power to make decisions like that again everything should be fine
    Geoff Johns does have a big role in the Stargirl TV show though and that seems to be being received well. So it's not like WB has cut ties with him.