Page 737 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2376376877277337347357367377387397407417477878371237 ... LastLast
Results 11,041 to 11,055 of 20948
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    I don't believe they are. Majority of comic book films have "busy" superhero designs when you compare them to their comic book counterpart.

Attachment 107043 Attachment 107044
    I hear you, but the DC films have been so egregious; however, Shazam's is really good and Aquaman in his solo film is amazing.

Think about the entirety of Suicide Squad, Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman (JL version) they look like Transformers.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I hear you, but the DC films have been so egregious; however, Shazam's is really good and Aquaman in his solo film is amazing.

Think about the entirety of Suicide Squad, Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman (JL version) they look like Transformers.
    Shazam and aquaman costumes aren't busy?are you kidding me?they are just brighter.But,they are as busy as the rest of em
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yes, sir I'd like to report a problem. You see I ordered the Darkseid not the Discount Megatron...
    I thought you didn't like the movies.So,How did you order anything?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    For the MCU and Thanos, removing most of the Titans, their close allies and other Thanos foes including Moondragon, Pip, Warlock, and even Eon worked out just fine.

Also, is there really room for unalloyed good like the gods of New Genesis in the Snyderverse?
    Pip the Troll, Starfox and Titans aren't even in the same conceptual ball park as New Genesis, Highfather, Orion, Scott Free and Big Barda. The central conflict of the lore is the one between NG and Apokolips with earth and it's heroes caught in their collateral. Sure, you can construct a story where you make it an earth vs Apokolips conflict but it feels like you are leaving behind a lot of lore on the table. IW/EG was all about wrapping up the story of the OG6, JL is about launching a franchise and a cinematic arc. Those are two very different requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Here's another question: WTF is Highfather and New Genesis during all of this?
    Probably dead or non existent in the universe.

To add to your question: where is Granny Goodness and the Female Furies in all of this? You think they would make a great Quirky Miniboss Squad to occupy the League until the final big fight with Darkseid. Unless there was some major casting that I missed.

Only time that New Genesis gods matter is when it is specifically New Gods story. Every other time it was basically Darkseid vs JL or whoever else. How is this any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I guess they wouldn’t seem so special if the audience knew that there is a benevolent pantheon keeping Apokolips in check all the time.
    Not really?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Shazam and aquaman costumes aren't busy?are you kidding me?they are just brighter.But,they are as busy as the rest of em

VS

Even the damn "trident" in the JL version is awful

Ive been looking at reaction videos to Snyder’s teaser trailers and reading the comments. I have to say I’m impressed with the level of delusion his fans have heading into the release of this flick. I’ve seen numerous people saying things like “this will be the greatest superhero movie of all time!” and of course the word “epic” is thrown about casually. I’m going to watch it but I’m not expecting much more than a 4 hour slog and gloomfest. I’m hoping it’s enjoyable and I’m proven wrong but if it does actually suck, I’m curious to see the mental gymnastics the Snyder fans perform to put a positive spin on things. It’s all part of the spectacle I guess. Hey, good for them. They have something to be happy about in these dark times.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-09-2021 at 03:54 AM.

Ive been looking at reaction videos to Snyder’s teaser trailers and reading the comments. I have to say I’m impressed with the level of delusion his cult has heading into the release of this flick. I’ve seen numerous fans saying things like “this will be the greatest superhero movie of all time!” and of course the word “epic” is thrown about casually. I’m going to watch it but I’m not expecting much more than a 4 hour slog and gloomfest. I’m hoping it’s enjoyable and I’m proven wrong but if it does actually suck, I’m curious to see the mental gymnastics the Snyder fans perform to put a positive spin on things. It’s all part of the spectacle I guess.
    You're a greater man than I, I wouldn't dare seeing those comments.

I am just curious as to what the hub bub is all about; I mean for years we have been hearing about this.

You would think Orson Welles rose from the dead and dubbed it "Citizen Kane II: Haterz v True DC FanZ"

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

VS

Even the damn "trident" in the JL version is awful
    I never liked how Snyder designed Atlantean armour with Polynesian aesthetics when no other Atlantean was played by a Polynesian. He only did that because of Jason Momoa's ethnicity. Arthur is seemingly Polynesian on his father's side anyway, so that never made sense. I'm glad James Wan corrected that and used Greco-Roman aesthetics which is far more accurate.

Ive been looking at reaction videos to Snyder’s teaser trailers and reading the comments. I have to say I’m impressed (saddened?) with the level of delusion his cult has heading into the release of this flick. I’ve seen numerous fans saying things like “this will be the greatest superhero movie of all time!” and of course the word “epic” is thrown about casually. I’m going to watch it but I’m not expecting much more than a 4 hour slog and gloomfest. I’m hoping it’s enjoyable and I’m proven wrong but if it does actually suck, I’m curious to see the mental gymnastics the Snyder fans perform to put a positive spin on things. It’s all part of the spectacle I guess.
    I'm kinda envious of how well they've perfected the art of spin.

Five years ago when BvS first came out in theatres it was "It's a misunderstood masterpiece and was made for his fans only," which is pure BS because a movie made with hundreds of millions of dollars and marketed with hundreds more is not made for a small group of people.

The the 'Ultimate Cut' was released and then it was "WB interefered with the film and that's why it was bad, but this cut fixes every problem and now everyone likes it," which isn't true.

Then the whole Justice League debacle happened, and before the film was released it was "Justice League is 100% Snyder's movie and Joss Whedon is only completing it." When they saw the film and it was bad it was then they changed it to being Whedon's fault.

When we started hearing rumblings about a Snyder cut, that was when they completely turned on Whedon and blamed him and WB for everything. It's especially funny when you realise that Ray Fisher actually defended Joss Whedon at SDCC without prompt. But now he wants to act like he hated him all along. I'd love to see how they twist the narrative once again if this film turns out bad.

(I should make it clear that this isn't a defence of Whedon either)

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'd love to see how they twist the narrative once again if this film turns out bad
    They'll probably say that it only seems bad because it's incomplete and WB should allow Snyder to make Justice League 2 so that we can fully appreciate the brilliance of his vision.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    To add to your question: where is Granny Goodness and the Female Furies in all of this? You think they would make a great Quirky Miniboss Squad to occupy the League until the final big fight with Darkseid. Unless there was some major casting that I missed.
    My apokaliptik heart can only hope and dream to see vicious Furies in action. o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I never liked how Snyder designed Atlantean armour with Polynesian aesthetics when no other Atlantean was played by a Polynesian. He only did that because of Jason Momoa's ethnicity. Arthur is seemingly Polynesian on his father's side anyway, so that never made sense. I'm glad James Wan corrected that and used Greco-Roman aesthetics which is far more accurate.

I'm kinda envious of how well they've perfected the art of spin.

Five years ago when BvS first came out in theatres it was "It's a misunderstood masterpiece and was made for his fans only," which is pure BS because a movie made with hundreds of millions of dollars and marketed with hundreds more is not made for a small group of people.

The the 'Ultimate Cut' was released and then it was "WB interefered with the film and that's why it was bad, but this cut fixes every problem and now everyone likes it," which isn't true.

Then the whole Justice League debacle happened, and before the film was released it was "Justice League is 100% Snyder's movie and Joss Whedon is only completing it." When they saw the film and it was bad it was then they changed it to being Whedon's fault.

When we started hearing rumblings about a Snyder cut, that was when they completely turned on Whedon and blamed him and WB for everything. It's especially funny when you realise that Ray Fisher actually defended Joss Whedon at SDCC without prompt. But now he wants to act like he hated him all along. I'd love to see how they twist the narrative once again if this film turns out bad.

(I should make it clear that this isn't a defence of Whedon either)
    Speaking on JL, WB was holding onto their cards (which makes sense in hindsight since they weren't impressed by Whedon's cut and wanted to recoup as much as possible).

And of course, the cast isn't gonna come outright and say movie is bad, especially when they are touring and such (Not sure if they are legally allowed to either; but it will burn some bridges with studio). Granted, Fisher no longer cares about; his career in Hollywood was over after he came with with his allegations on Twitter.

And of course, fans blamed WB for it...because that's the truth - we know now that. WB used Snyder's personal circumstances to replace him with Whedon (which is fine, it's their money after all).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Ive been looking at reaction videos to Snyder’s teaser trailers and reading the comments. I have to say I’m impressed with the level of delusion his fans have heading into the release of this flick. I’ve seen numerous people saying things like “this will be the greatest superhero movie of all time!” and of course the word “epic” is thrown about casually. I’m going to watch it but I’m not expecting much more than a 4 hour slog and gloomfest. I’m hoping it’s enjoyable and I’m proven wrong but if it does actually suck, I’m curious to see the mental gymnastics the Snyder fans perform to put a positive spin on things. It’s all part of the spectacle I guess. Hey, good for them. They have something to be happy about in these dark times.
    Good for them to enjoy it. Film is art, and it's a subjective experience. If someone feels that a film is epic for them - sure. Calling them delusional for thinking that is a bit much imo. But, whatever.

Regardless, I doubt WB would give another DCEU film to Snyder, given the low profit margin for his outings (granted, lot of the blame is on them - for meddling as much as they did; for rushing to a cinematic universe. Hopefully they have learned their lesson).
    Last edited by Triple J; 03-09-2021 at 07:07 AM.

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

Sounds to me like any other fandom.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 03-09-2021 at 09:12 AM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut