Page 621 of 636 FirstFirst ... 121521571611617618619620621622623624625631 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,315 of 9532
  1. #9301
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I feel like the Fisher vs Whedon/Johns etc stuff might be better served in its own thread.
    Done and done.

    Again, I'm finding this ongoing soap opera more entertaining than the last few DC films put together.

  2. #9302
    Gaurdian Of The Universe comicstar100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Earth Prime
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Is New Gods still happening or has it been shelved?

  3. #9303
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Is New Gods still happening or has it been shelved?
    They're still writing it, I believe.

  4. #9304
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,675

    Default

    I'd almost forgotten about it...but yeah, last I recall, DuVernay was working on the script.

  5. #9305

  6. #9306
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, I'm just very thankful for more Superman, and yet on another Cavill has never sold me on his take and I'd rather move on to a new actor in the role.

    Hopefully Cavill can prove me wrong and actually impress me now that he's free of Snyder's direction. We will see.

  7. #9307
    Extraordinary Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, I'm just very thankful for more Superman, and yet on another Cavill has never sold me on his take and I'd rather move on to a new actor in the role.

    Hopefully Cavill can prove me wrong and actually impress me now that he's free of Snyder's direction. We will see.
    It says he is the one who pitched the new take. The dude has pitched before. Even brought along a director. But the studio didn't want to. So, if it's true i wonder what changed.Maybe, wb isn't scared of superman anymore. Who knows, if true.Regardless, they have nill track record with superman. I wouldn't expect anything.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-18-2020 at 02:54 AM.

  8. #9308
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,663

    Default

    If this is indeed true, I think it's a virtual certainty that one of the films in this 3 picture deal will be a proper Superman sequel and another will be the Superman & Shazam vs. Black Adam crossover, with an appearance in the Flashpoint multiverse jam, possibly alongside Brandon Routh.

  9. #9309
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It says he is the one who pitched the new take. The dude has pitched before. Even brought along a director. But the studio didn't want to. So, if it's true i wonder what changed.Maybe, wb isn't scared of superman anymore. Who knows, if true.Regardless, they have nill track record with superman. I wouldn't expect anything.
    I might not be crazy about Cavill's Superman, but as a fellow Superman fan I am darn impressed by how he fights for the character.

  10. #9310
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If this is indeed true, I think it's a virtual certainty that one of the films in this 3 picture deal will be a proper Superman sequel and another will be the Superman & Shazam vs. Black Adam crossover, with an appearance in the Flashpoint multiverse jam, possibly alongside Brandon Routh.
    That would be super cool! I’d love to see Routh in the Kingdom Come suit again.

  11. #9311
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, I'm just very thankful for more Superman, and yet on another Cavill has never sold me on his take and I'd rather move on to a new actor in the role.

    Hopefully Cavill can prove me wrong and actually impress me now that he's free of Snyder's direction. We will see.
    Same. I'd prefer a full clean slate as well.
    But my issue was never with Cavill and I was always rooting for him, the baggage associated with him was out of his hands. As long as Snyder is nowhere near him outside of the Snyder Cut, I'm cautiously optimistic.

  12. #9312
    Chad Jar Jar Pinsir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Naboo
    Posts
    4,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yes! YES! More good news!
    Want to read Wonder Woman stories, but don't know where to start? Check out my top 10 lists for Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age and Modern Age Wonder Woman tales!

    "You can't make an omelet without breaking a few necks." - Wonder Woman, probably

  13. #9313
    Extraordinary Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Same. I'd prefer a full clean slate as well.
    But my issue was never with Cavill and I was always rooting for him, the baggage associated with him was out of his hands. As long as Snyder is nowhere near him outside of the Snyder Cut, I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Is it fine to ask the rock to play superman? I know he doesn't look remotely like superman. But, i don't care as long as i get the chills and i got from the black adam promo.i mean, they did rebrand aquaman with jason momoa
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-18-2020 at 08:24 AM.

  14. #9314
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    That's great news. I don't want big-screen Superman shelved for a decade, and I think Cavill deserves a chance to play a mature Superman. Crossovers with Black Adam/Shazam would be a huge bonus as well.

  15. #9315
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,663

    Default

    I really don't want this to be more online clickbait nonsense

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •