Page 719 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2196196697097157167177187197207217227237297698191219 ... LastLast
Results 10,771 to 10,785 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

This was posted earlier, but whether you liked the films or not on its own merits, this is clearly true.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Does this mean the planned animated shorts are test runs for live action movies? So a Kamandi movie could be next?
    Not necessarily. They’ve done DC shorts starring Phantom Stranger, The Spectre, Sgt. Rock and the Creature Commandos, and a lot of other characters who didn’t have movies in the works. So for all we know the upcoming Blue Beetle short could be about Ted Kord. I don’t think they have any correlation to planned films.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Would love a phantom stranger movie.Dc would have my money instantly.what is with me and character with hats.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    This was posted earlier, but whether you liked the films or not on its own merits, this is clearly true.
    That’s partially true but I suspect many had a lot of other issues with the storytelling, and script execution. That being said, I don’t agree with many who claim Snyder doesn’t understand Supes and Batman simply because the characterization of Supes and Batman is different from what they’re generally accustomed to. If anything, I think the purpose of BvS is that these characters are not in a place emotionally where they can be what they are generally in the source material. BvS Batman is a Batman who’s lost his way, and Superman isn’t a fully formed Superman that we know since he’s still figuring the hero thing out. I actually liked that Snyder shook things up from a expectation standpoint. He didn’t give me what I wanted, but I appreciate how far he was willing to swing with those characters. He made bold choices, which I admire even if I disagree.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-23-2021 at 09:33 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Cool - I like Blue Beetle, they were pushing him for a while in their animated stuff a while ago, hope the live action film takes off. Blue Beetle and Static are two characters I'm glad are finally making it more into the 'mainstream".

I wonder if John Cena will return as Peacemaker since he was something of a mentor to Jaime.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Definitely would’ve been weird, especially after Lois nearly saw Batman stab Clark to death by a Kryptonite spear, but Zack likely would’ve done it in a way that it was more of a unrequited love situation where both end up realizing they’re just not right for each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But would any of it have been necessary?
    The intention was that Bruce fell in love with Lois and then realized that the only way to save the world was to bring Superman back to life,” says Snyder. “So he had this insane conflict, because Lois, of course, was still in love with Superman. We had this beautiful speech where [Bruce] said to Alfred: ‘I never had a life outside the cave. I never imagined a world for me beyond this. But this woman makes me think that if I can get this group of gods together, then my job is done. I can quit. I can stop.’ And of course that doesn’t work out for him.
    Exact quote from original article: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...=pocket-newtab

So, yea unrequited love. Hmm, it's an interesting take to say the least.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Rebuilding the story he had always envisioned is what invigorates Snyder most. He can go as deep and dark as he likes. He can say to hell with DC’s official time line for the characters and let this alt version of the Justice League story wind up wherever he pleases. He has put Superman in a sleek black suit instead of the iconic blue and red. He’s added the Joker (Jared Leto). He has reshot the ending with a hero cameo that will blow hard-core fans’ minds.
    I see, so MM is just a cameo towards the end I guess? It's interesting though...I was wondering how Snyder was gonna explain MM's lack of action in the previous movies (assuming General Swanwick was MM back then. It's possible that MM just took on General's face later on).

Something that came to my mind - MM in JLTAS - iirc, there was an episode or two where he had a crisis of conscience, where he began to wonder if humanity was worth saving (he came back around later, but I also remember MM retiring for a while in later season. So perhaps Swanwick MM went thru that?

If MM's first encounter with human beings is him being a test/experimental subject, I don't imagine he would be too eager to reveal himself (you can also add an extra motivation there as well; took on General Swanwick's role to monitor US govt's activities in Area 51 or something lol). I think JLTAS did something like that, right?

“When you think about the catharsis of it, if I was a potter, I would’ve made some pottery to look for some way through this,” he says. “But I’m a filmmaker, so you get this giant movie.” He wants people to love it. If some don’t? He’s all right with that, with all of it. Whatever comes, he’s okay.
    Probably the best attitude to keep.
    Last edited by Triple J; 02-23-2021 at 11:25 PM.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

I kinda doubt that it is MM, we all expect to see him so would we really be surprised when he appears towards the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I mean I hate to be cynical, but I’m sure this is being greenlit because it has the potential to get those big bucks from an untapped and overlooked superhero loving Latino audience.

I ain’t complaining
    Of course, the Supergirl casting where the trades specified several South-American countries they were auditioning actresses from kind of made it clear it was meant to do that as well. Blue Beetle is a pleasant surprise since it doesn't conveniently piggyback on the popularity of a long-established character. I'm looking forward to this, it's just surprising how DC hasn't had any plans for Jaime in a while. I don't recall the last time he even appeared somewhere.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-24-2021 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I wonder if John Cena will return as Peacemaker since he was something of a mentor to Jaime.
    Holy crap, I didn’t think about that. If Cena’s Peacemaker takes off, his appearance would generate a lot of buzz and add some star power.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    Exact quote from original article: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...=pocket-newtab

Thanks for that.I guess,i misunderstood and was an *******.I didn't click the link. I suppose that's actually interesting.Although a revenge drama with lois would have been unique.#vengenceupontheknight
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Yeah, that is rather interesting idea and I probably wouldn't mind it explored in some form.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Bermejo and Sharpe look great. Lee looks like crap, probably threw it together inbetween Zoom calls.
    The fall of Lee is so sad, makes me so annoyed that ASBR wasted him.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post

I mean, again I think I'd rather he reconcile with Selina than fall in love with Lois Lane, but, y'know...Elseworlds.