Page 799 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2996997497897957967977987998008018028038098498991299 ... LastLast
Results 11,971 to 11,985 of 20948
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Don't forget that Mar-vell was gender-swapped in Captain Marvel.
    But again, general audiences don't care.
    Superman might be an exception, however. I'm not sure I would bet money on the upcoming film's profitability, though I admit I may be way off base here. Otherwise, I'll consider it set in an alternate universe and judge the movie on its quality and nothing else.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But I wouldn't say it's that much more prevalent compared to them actually promoting their diverse characters.
    And I wouldn't say that's the case for DC either. Michael B. Jordan is producing a Static Shock movie, a Blue Beetle movie is in development, the Green Lantern show will feature Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz, Black Adam is currently shooting and had it not been for that huge blow-up, Cyborg would've been back for the Flash movie. The problem with this argument is that it's presuming that race swapping a white character would mean DC wouldn't also use actual non-white heroes and villains from the comics, when thus far that has not been shown to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Don't forget that Mar-vell was gender-swapped in Captain Marvel.
    But again, general audiences don't care.
    It’s disingenuous to say the Marvel race swaps are on the same level as what DC is about to try. This is as if Peter Parker was changed to black for the MCU. Nobody not even comic hardcores cared that much about the Eternals.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Why do people always bring up the "general audience" argument in debates like this. Oh the general audience doesn't care, therefore it doesn't matter. I go to forums like this to know what actual fans of these characters think about them, not about what the general audience supposedly cares or doesn't care about. If I wanted to know what the GA thinks I'd ask literally any person I usually interact with irl. If the GA is the only important factor in all of this, then why even bother discussing anything about superhero movies or TV shows.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-06-2021 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Why do people always bring up the "general audience" argument in debates like this. Oh the general audience doesn't care about this, therefore it doesn't matter. I go to forums like this to know what actual fans of these characters think about them, not about what the general audience supposedly cares or doesn't care about them. If I wanted to know what the GA thinks I'd ask literally any person I usually interact with irl. If the GA is the only important factor in all of this, then why even bother discussing anything about superhero movies or TV shows.
    The general audience decides whether or not a film series succeeds or dies, so it is relevant to these discussions, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The general audience decides whether or not a film series succeeds or dies, so it is relevant to these discussions, IMO.
    The general audience also doesn't support this industry and wouldn't give a rat's ass if DC closed its doors tomorrow.

The general audience also doesn't support this industry and wouldn't give a rat's ass if DC closed its doors tomorrow.
    That may be so, Johnny, but they still hold far more weight than every reader of comics combined.

Why do people always bring up the "general audience" argument in debates like this. Oh the general audience doesn't care, therefore it doesn't matter. I go to forums like this to know what actual fans of these characters think about them, not about what the general audience supposedly cares or doesn't care about. If I wanted to know what the GA thinks I'd ask literally any person I usually interact with irl. If the GA is the only important factor in all of this, then why even bother discussing anything about superhero movies or TV shows.
    Mostly people are discussing it in the context of “does the general audience like this enough so we’ll get more of it?” As an example not enough people liked the Snyderverse or Birds of Prey for either to get follow ups, but the general audience does like Suicide Squad enough for that to get another try. If I enjoyed a DC film I have to hope enough people also enjoyed it so that I will get more of it, which is the only reason people care what the general public thinks here.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

That may be so, Johnny, but they still hold far more weight than every reader of comics combined.
    Most people I know have no idea what "DC Comics" even is. If this is the type of people I should always worry about what they think of Superman anytime I see debates in forums dedicated to comic book characters about changing those characters in outside media, then there seems to be no point to engage in any debate like that at all. After all why do that when apparently what any of us here think doesn't matter because our interest in this isn't limited to casual entertainment. Hope my co-worker goes to see The Suicide Squad 5 times and bring more people with him every time.

Most people I know have no idea what "DC Comics" even is. If this is the type of people I should always worry about what they think of Superman anytime I see debates in forums dedicated to comic book characters about changing those characters in outside media, then there seems to be no point to engage in any debate like that at all. After all why do that when apparently what any of us here think doesn't matter because our interest in this isn't limited to casual entertainment. Hope my co-worker goes to see The Suicide Squad 5 times and bring more people with him every time.
    How about we can do both (and without the attitude)?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I don't know if I'd really call Rosie Perez inconsistent with Renee in terms of racial category.
    Rosie the actor and in dceu is a black latino.
    Renee is so far as been only shown as black latino in the dceu.
    The character renee in comics,cartoons and other places has been shown to not be a black latino,but a brown one.

Yeah, count me in as another POC who despises raceswaps and would rather have original characters get promoted! WB can stick their Black Clark Kent movie where the sun don’t shine! I will gladly pass on that film and support the upcoming Static and Blue Beetle films, aka diversity done right! Send a loud message to the studio! No more scraps!!! Give us our own characters not White ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Yeah, count me in as another POC who despises raceswaps and would rather have original characters get promoted! WB can stick their Black Clark Kent movie where the sun don’t shine! I will gladly pass on that film and support the upcoming Static and Blue Beetle films, aka diversity done right! Send a loud message to the studio! No more scraps!!! Give us our own characters not White ones!
    Until the Blue Beetle movie is literally about to premiere I’ll still have a lot of doubts that it will happen. The New Gods movie had a writer and big name director on the project and that got cancelled. I can see WB not wanting to take a risk on a lesser known character and viewing a Latina actress playing Supergirl as adequate representation. Yeah I’m a pessimist but I’m also looking at WB’s track record.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-06-2021 at 08:45 PM.

Yeah, there is no indication that Blue Beetle or Static are actually happening. WB likes to announce bunch of DC movies and either not deliver on them or deliver decade later.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

And studios don't care about die hard fans, because love it or hate it - their money is already guaranteed.

Think about "all" of the fans that said they would never support Star Wars related media again after whatever movie pissed them off that year Lucas Film would have gone out of business 10 times over.

Studios are trying to capture the "general audience" who doesn't care and they try to appeal to their wants, that is why JL was botched to capture them because the studio taught the general audience likes light bright super hero movies