Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    How the hell did they end up filming in an area that’s dangerous? Shouldn’t location scouts be responsible for securing safe locations?
    The director is inexperienced. A number of crew members have quit the movie because of him apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    The director is inexperienced. A number of crew members have quit the movie because of him apparently.
    JFC, maybe DC really is cursed.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    It would be incredibly stupid to expect to receive no questions about the ezra drama
    Not sure how that isn't going to impact the promotion
    Usually press tours are pretty controlled and stuff like talk show appearances have what questions that will be asked pre-approved. So I don't think that's going to be a problem, but there will be a lot of articles, I'm sure.

Maybe they’re going to fire him.

Man, the optics of this on heels of the Batgirl situation would be really bad.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-11-2022 at 08:53 PM.

Well, now I'm really worried about Blue Beetle .
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I don't personally see the point in having a multiverse movie that only references different actors playing the same exact characters. The point of the multiverse is to show the same character but under very different circumstances, or a very different character. No Way Home was cool but watching 3 standard Spider-Men interact only has value for its meta self-awareness. They're all Peter Parker.
    Yes, but three vastly different interpretations of Peter Parker with different experiences and temperaments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Aquaman 2 will introduce Dolphin, apparently she is played by an unknown actress.
    I mean, cool, I like Dolphin. I just hope they don't try to kill off Mera off-screen and replace her with Dolphin.
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Wasn’t Doom Patrol only supposed to last 4 seasons tho? Or at least that’s how they planned it
    Yeah, and the titles for the last few episodes of season 4 seem kind of finite.
    Greg Berlanti is the name being rumored to take over as DC Films president according to Variety. He has not been offered the job yet and sources close to him question if he’ll even take it considering it’ll come with a pay cut.

If they want him they’ll have to show him the bag.
    Quality aside...Berlanti knows how to produce and develop TV shows.

I don't think that would translate cinematically though. I know he was trying to get a Booster and Blue Beetle movie off the ground that never happened.

Extraordinary Member

JFC, maybe DC really is cursed.
    Nah, I think it’s more so a case of fans willing to take whatever they hear as factual, even if there’s been little corroboration. I mean, taking the word of random people on Twitter who are probably just looking for some attention is not really the best way to get accurate news.

For the record, yes, it looks like Blue Beetle did in fact wrap filming almost a month ago. So, I’d take the “gang shootout” news with a huge grain of salt.

And, if I can be frank, this thread honestly seems to have devolved into an echo chamber of people who want to complain. It’s almost at toxic levels of negativity. I get it. The news of Batgirl’s cancellation was a shock. But instead of simply waiting to see what actually unfolds, many have been diving head first into wild speculation and unfounded gossip.

First people were theorizing that it was the death of the DCEU and that they were just hard rebooting everything. Only for that to be revealed as untrue a few days later with the news that WBD apparently has plans for Gal Gadot and even is actively seeking to bring back Henry Cavill. Now, it’s speculation that we’re gonna still see widespread cancellations of pretty much every announced project, even though a lot of sources have confirmed that Blue Beetle, Black Canary, the Green Lantern series, etc. are all still moving forward.

Guys: just let the news unfold as it does. Stop listening to random people on Twitter who likely don’t know what they’re talking about. And let’s wait for confirmation of anything we hear before postulating about whether WBD is gonna cancel everything and shut down all of DC, including the comics division. Let’s let our future selves handle future problems, shall we?

How the hell did they end up filming in an area that’s dangerous? Shouldn’t location scouts be responsible for securing safe locations?
    Your first mistake was thinking a studio with WB's history knows a thing about "responsibility".

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Nah, I think it’s more so a case of fans willing to take whatever they hear as factual, even if there’s been little corroboration. I mean, taking the word of random people on Twitter who are probably just looking for some attention is not really the best way to get accurate news.

For the record, yes, it looks like Blue Beetle did in fact wrap filming almost a month ago. So, I’d take the “gang shootout” news with a huge grain of salt.

And, if I can be frank, this thread honestly seems to have devolved into an echo chamber of people who want to complain. It’s almost at toxic levels of negativity. I get it. The news of Batgirl’s cancellation was a shock. But instead of simply waiting to see what actually unfolds, many have been diving head first into wild speculation and unfounded gossip.

First people were theorizing that it was the death of the DCEU and that they were just hard rebooting everything. Only for that to be revealed as untrue a few days later with the news that WBD apparently has plans for Gal Gadot and even is actively seeking to bring back Henry Cavill. Now, it’s speculation that we’re gonna still see widespread cancellations of pretty much every announced project, even though a lot of sources have confirmed that Blue Beetle, Black Canary, the Green Lantern series, etc. are all still moving forward.

Guys: just let the news unfold as it does. Stop listening to random people on Twitter who likely don’t know what they’re talking about. And let’s wait for confirmation of anything we hear before postulating about whether WBD is gonna cancel everything and shut down all of DC, including the comics division. Let’s let our future selves handle future problems, shall we?
    Very good points, speculations here and on wider internet have gotten out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post

I agree to a point.

I would not trust twitter or any other social media post.

I believe fans here and other places though are just frustrated and upset about many things with WB/DCEU and they come here to express that.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Has this been posted?

Behind the scenes video to the "awful" mid 60s score batgirl film.

Blast it WB. It looks good. Tons of firefly and batgirl on bike stunts plus better look at her costume.

https://digg.com/video/bat-girl-behi...ilming-footage

Greg Berlanti is the name being rumored to take over as DC Films president according to Variety. He has not been offered the job yet and sources close to him question if he’ll even take it considering it’ll come with a pay cut.

If he gets more money will we get better productions instead of cheap CW crap?

Also they need to hire someone who knows comic books but knows which aspects should be updated and which ones shouldn't.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    If he gets more money will we get better productions instead of cheap CW crap?

Also they need to hire someone who knows comic books but knows which aspects should be updated and which ones shouldn't.
    I doubt it, all his shows are terrible from a basic storytelling standpoint. That doesn’t have to do with budgets.

I don't share the optimism of some, but it would be nice if some of the more alarmist claims came with sources. The last few pages have basically been "rumor is" and while a lot of it is plausible, I'm left asking "Rumored by who?"

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Please...please no. Please.

Astonishing Member

While I have affection for the Arrowverse and think that at the very least they kept the flag flying while the red rod DC was busy eating itself; it’s quality was inconsistent and questionable at best

That said, in terms of quantity, its quantitive output was consistent compared to the movies so I can see why his name’s in the ring even if I’d rather he wasn’t