Page 634 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1345345846246306316326336346356366376386446847341134 ... LastLast
Results 9,496 to 9,510 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I'm just so used to them not bothering when adapting redheads in live-action. Recently there's been just Mera and Archie Andrews.
    Kory was a redhead in the Titans show and Lois was a redhead in the DCEU. There's also Cheryl Blossom in Riverdale and Kate Keene gave Josie red hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Kory was a redhead in the Titans show and Lois was a redhead in the DCEU. There's also Cheryl Blossom in Riverdale and Kate Keene gave Josie red hair.
    Yeah, but Lois is kind of a weird situation since she's usually a dark-haired brunette. They still seem more like the exception than the norm.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Hah! I love Ratcatcher's little rat buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Weasel and Javelin are the only ones who don't change position.

Ratcatcher has her own rat sidekick? Cool!

I'm kind of amazed Kinnaman actually looks like comic Flag now. It's such a sharp contrast to the first movie.

Ratcatcher's rat looks cute.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I like the color Gunn injects into his superhero films

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I like the color Gunn injects into his superhero films
    Yeah, that's a nice palette. I like it when comic book media go colorful. But who is everyone there, I only know a few of them??

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Yeah, that's a nice palette. I like it when comic book media go colorful. But who is everyone there, I only know a few of them??
    According to wikipedia;

Margot Robbie as Harleen Quinzel / Harley Quinn
    Idris Elba as Robert DuBois / Bloodsport (A convicted felon armed with the most amount of weapons on the Suicide Squad, who is serving time in prison for shooting Superman with a bullet made of Kryptonite)
    John Cena as Christopher Smith / Peacemaker
    Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flag
    Peter Capaldi as Clifford DeVoe / The Thinker
    Jai Courtney as George "Digger" Harkness / Captain Boomerang
    Alice Braga as Sol Soria (South American revolutionary and ally.)
    Pete Davidson as Richard Hertz / Blackguard (A mercenary and a member of the new Suicide Squad.)
    David Dastmalchian as Abner Krill / Polka-Dot Man
    Michael Rooker as Brian Durlin / Savant
    Taika Waititi
    Nathan Fillion as Floyd Belkin / T.D.K. (A supervillain who can detach his arms for use as weapons, and a member of the new Suicide Squad.)
    Daniela Melchior as Ratcatcher 2: A member of the new Suicide Squad.
    Steve Agee as Nanaue / King Shark
    Sean Gunn as John Monroe / Weasel
    Flula Borg as Javelin
    Mayling Ng as Mongal (An alien and an ally of the new Suicide Squad.)

Even having seen previous photos of them individually, I'd forgotten who Blackguard (between Weasel and King Shark) and Sol Soria (seated next to Flag) were.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 10-24-2020 at 07:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    According to wikipedia;

Margot Robbie as Harleen Quinzel / Harley Quinn
    Idris Elba as Robert DuBois / Bloodsport (A convicted felon armed with the most amount of weapons on the Suicide Squad, who is serving time in prison for shooting Superman with a bullet made of Kryptonite)
    John Cena as Christopher Smith / Peacemaker
    Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flag
    Peter Capaldi as Clifford DeVoe / The Thinker
    Jai Courtney as George "Digger" Harkness / Captain Boomerang
    Alice Braga as Sol Soria (South American revolutionary and ally.)
    Pete Davidson as Richard Hertz / Blackguard (A mercenary and a member of the new Suicide Squad.)
    David Dastmalchian as Abner Krill / Polka-Dot Man
    Michael Rooker as Brian Durlin / Savant
    Taika Waititi
    Nathan Fillion as Floyd Belkin / T.D.K. (A supervillain who can detach his arms for use as weapons, and a member of the new Suicide Squad.)
    Daniela Melchior as Ratcatcher 2: A member of the new Suicide Squad.
    Steve Agee as Nanaue / King Shark
    Sean Gunn as John Monroe / Weasel
    Flula Borg as Javelin
    Mayling Ng as Mongal (An alien and an ally of the new Suicide Squad.)

Even having seen previous photos of them individually, I'd forgotten who Blackguard (between Weasel and King Shark) and Sol Soria (seated next to Flag) were.
    Thanks! You know, I consider myself fairly knowledgable about even relatively obscure DC character...but some of those were stumping me. Blackguard, Weasel, and a few others. I actually got more of the actors right than the actual characters. Hopefully, they tone down the Harley and allow the other characters more time. In fact, I wouldn't mind if Harley just decided to wander off somewhere, forever leaving DCEU movies behind. It seems like Gunn understands to go full comic book with this movie, and throw in the humor, which needs to be there. So...hopefully, this will be good....whenever and however it sees the light.

God I hope Bloodsport connects with audiences. Would be crazy if we got a good showing from a C-List Superman Rogue in here, but I’d appreciate it. Anything to wash the stink of DCEU Lex out and show that Superman has some cool Rogues beyond Lex and Zod.

Extraordinary Member

What I don't get is why Elba, a guy who famously dissed his role in the Thor and Avenger movies as basically being beneath him...why does that guy keep on doing comic book movies, or similar genre movies? Either the genre is beneath him or not. I suspect it is, but the money isn't...

Another thing I don't get is why Margot Robbie is headlining all these WB DC movies. There really isn't any evidence she puts butts in seats as they say. And I suspect Harley is more popular with the folks at DC and WB than she is with the general public.

What I don't get is why Elba, a guy who famously dissed his role in the Thor and Avenger movies as basically being beneath him...why does that guy keep on doing comic book movies, or similar genre movies? Either the genre is beneath him or not. I suspect it is, but the money isn't...

Another thing I don't get is why Margot Robbie is headlining all these WB DC movies. There really isn't any evidence she puts butts in seats as they say. And I suspect Harley is more popular with the folks at DC and WB than she is with the general public.
    Elba never said he disliked the superhero genre, he just expressed unhappiness being a relatively unimportant character in the grand scheme of the Marvel universe. Probably thought he was too big a star to be Thor’s doorman. I’m sure he wanted to play a bigger role. Bloodsport isn’t much better but at least he’s basically one of the the main characters in Suicide Squad. There was never going to be a Heimdall solo film but I wouldn’t be surprised if AT&T has future plans for Bloodsport if Suicide Squad is a big hit.

Birds of Prey disappointed at the box office but Harley is still one of the pop culture characters who sells the most merchandise. Plus the Harley Quinn cartoon is loved by critics and audiences (myself included).
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-24-2020 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    God I hope Bloodsport connects with audiences. Would be crazy if we got a good showing from a C-List Superman Rogue in here, but I’d appreciate it. Anything to wash the stink of DCEU Lex out and show that Superman has some cool Rogues beyond Lex and Zod.
    Will DC replace Deadshot with Bloodsport in the comics now that Bloodsport is basically just being a stand-in for Deadshot in the movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Elba never said he disliked the superhero genre, he just expressed unhappiness being a relatively unimportant character in the grand scheme of the Marvel universe. Probably thought he was too big a star to be Thor’s doorman. I’m sure he wanted to play a bigger role. Bloodsport isn’t much better but at least he’s basically one of the the main characters in Suicide Squad. There was never going to be a Heimdall solo film but I wouldn’t be surprised if AT&T has future plans for Bloodsport if Suicide Squad is a big hit.

Birds of Prey disappointed at the box office but Harley is still one of the pop culture characters who sells the most merchandise. Plus the Harley Quinn cartoon is loved by critics and audiences (myself included).
    It's kind of funny that the MCU wasting Thor's supporting cast other than Loki has turned out to be a boon for DC considering it freed up Zachary Levi and Elba.

Ultimate Member

IIRC he was referring to being on the set of a historically/culturally relevant movie and thinking back that a few months ago, he had a sword and was stabbing a spaceship and how absurd it all seemed by comparison, not that he hated superhero movies or anything like that (and certainly that he wasn't going to take their money if they threw it at him!). It was just kind of a crazy comparison, that he went from a project that was kind of entertaining spectacle, without much in the way of a deeper message, to something that was all about the meaningful message and social impact. I'm sure if he'd been in Black Panther, he'd have felt a bit less of a whiplash.