Page 1 of 1397 1234511511015011001 ... LastLast

Default DC/WB Films/Worlds (No Spoilers)

I'm starting a new thread as the mods are closing the old DCEU thread to prevent server overloading long threads. Incidentally, it's fitting as the timing coincides with a point in WB/DC's movie timeline where they are course-correcting their movie universe and are even rebranding (though it isn't confirmed if the "Worlds of DC" moniker is official yet).

We are looking at a less interconnected movie universe, with diverse tonalities, and even non-continuity/Elseworlds-esque movies, with Joker being the first of them. The Hollywood Reporter breaks down why this new direction for DC Films is perfect for DC:

Why DC should stay true to being DC

An exciting time ahead for DC movie fans, with a refreshing slate of upcoming movies.

Incredible Member

If we get good movies like WW, aquaman, Shazam, ww 1984 and none of them really cross over and we just have sequels for specific characters I’m fine. I never needed a cinematic interconnected universe. Easter eggs and references here and there are great but they shouldn’t break their backs trying to fit another mold and everyone in a specific world. I love the idea of else worlds stories coming along too which slows for unique story telling. Still wish we either got Barbara in birds or they instead of calling it birds of prey we got a sirens movie with Harley ivy and cat! I don’t want them to milk Harley the wrong way where we are left scratching our heads as why Harley is even in a movie like birds.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Flash Movie Reportedly Begins Filming Next Year In February, Location Revealed: https://pursuenews.com/the-flash-mov...tion-revealed/

The new title is so wordy .
    Even assuming an actual movie about them has been canned, I'm guessing this is Legion of Doom related.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Flash Movie Reportedly Begins Filming Next Year In February, Location Revealed: https://pursuenews.com/the-flash-mov...tion-revealed/
    Now all we need is for them to keep a writer/director team for once...

I don't think "Worlds of DC" is an official name, I believe they called their films something similar last year. It's an easy enough name to grasp the post-Snyder DC movies however.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even assuming an actual movie about them has been canned, I'm guessing this is Legion of Doom related.
    More likely it's Suicide Squad related.

Is this Ray Fisher's subtle way of saying goodbye to the DCEU? https://twitter.com/rehsifyar/status...62065168388096

Incredible Member

Is this Ray Fisher's subtle way of saying goodbye to the DCEU? https://twitter.com/rehsifyar/status...62065168388096
    I feel bad for the guy, you’re an JL and coming actor you land this big role and you’re told you’ll have a solo and it’s announced You’ll also pop up in flash! Great things right? But with the cyborg movie apparently of the slate and now flash doesn’t seem to include him as I think they’re taking a different approach you can’t help but feel he got the short end of the stick out of the JL actors. WW and aquaman got solos, supes already had one, flash appears to be back on track, Ben Affleck is Ben Affleck so he’s not really hurting since he’s been acting for a whole. Poor Ray just seemed to have been over promised then had the rug pulled out from him. On top of that it was announced cyborg will be in doom patrol, which makes me wonder something: dc is very picky about their shows and movies having th same characters, which is why the arrowverae has to drop characters like Waller, slade, and katana. They don’t want live action characters occupying movies and tv shows for some reason which I think is insanely stupid. So if this is a policy we’ve seen why would cyborg suddenly be in doom patrol if he’s supposedly to be used in the movies? Makes me feel like they’ve given up on the character and think he’s more of a tv character,

Fantastic Member

Dinah Lance is a blond bombshell (her nickname is "Pretty Bird") but she is a natural beauty who is unaffected by her looks (not unaware, but unaffected). She is kind, light, friendly, compassionate and caring...to the point that she refuses to continue Lady Shiva's training because she wont sacrifice her light go to the dark places that the training would take her to and taint her martial arts and her heart. She's a good ole' broad. Blake Lively, Lily James, Kathryn Winnick...all great, solid choices. I cannot see Vanessa Kirby playing this role.

Mighty Member

No. This is a big time reach. He probably just liked the poem and decided to share it. Everything isnt some big conspiracy.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Hope not. He was my favorite part of Justice League. I don't hold out any hopes for the Cyborg movie becoming a reality, but they really shouldn't give up on the character altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The new title is so wordy
    It's not a DC Films discussion if it isn't unnecessarily convoluted.

Birds of Prey rumored plot synopsis

“After splitting up with The Joker, Harley Quinn and three other female superheroes – Black Canary, Huntress and Renee Montoya – come together to save the life of a little girl (Cassandra Cain) from an evil crime lord.”

Harley Quinn getting top billing in a BoP movie made me throw up in my mouth a little. "Harley Quinn and three other female superheroes", smh.