Page 901 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4018018518918978988999009019029039049059119511001 ... LastLast
Results 13,501 to 13,515 of 20948
    Incredible Member

Like others here have said it will all depend on what the whole movie looks like.

If I remember the Golden Age story right, Prince Khufu was a reformer
    who was defeated by the evil priest Hath-Set. In that sense his relationship to the
    Egyptian political establishment was mixed.

I suspect that much like say the Aquaman movie we will get a few minutes of
    background before we get into the modern conflict. Hawkman certainly looks like
    the trailer as though he will be there along with Dr. Fate. How much of the JSA
    will make an appearance isn't clear.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Zatanna should really be a live action series.
    That's what's said of every superhero every time a movie is announced. I think if fans had their way superhero movies as a whole would be dead and replaced with series. The only time people don't say it should be a series is when they say "who asked for this?"

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Yeah, actually the original, original final fight was going to have Ares turn into a giant being made of pure energy (akin to a solar flare, described by an artist) with a body composed of tanks/planes/cars ect. From my understanding (I could definitely be mistaken here, though) that was cut out, a choice made by Jenkins herself, and Ares was never going to have an "armored form" and stay a more range focused fighter. Then at the last minute, WB wanted longer fight scene and made her change the ending, hence why the CGI and even Ares dialogue become bad. She never says what the original ending was and I can't find any artwork on it, but someone mentioned it was more character focused so it could have been closer to the Gods and Mortals ending where Diana uses the lasso but, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ can't find anything.

I remember with Black Panther the VFX only had 3 weeks to do the entire final fight scene between T'challa and Killmonger. I don't remember if that's because they were just tight on time or if they wanted to redo the fight.
    Well, I'm glad 'giant Ares' didn't happen. That sounds terrible.

I would have preferred the Gods and Mortals ending. Wouldn't surprise me if that's what Jenkins wanted and WB decided to take it out.

That entire final fight had me rolling my eyes and wanting to get out of my seat. Everything from the CGI to Ares speech to Gadot's acting was.....painful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    That's what's said of every superhero every time a movie is announced. I think if fans had their way superhero movies as a whole would be dead and replaced with series. The only time people don't say it should be a series is when they say "who asked for this?"
    I can only speak for myself. Some characters work better as a series and others work better as a movie. Maybe you should take it up with these 'other people' who want every character to have a show.

A character like Zatanna would need a tv show in order to do her character justice. Whereas a character like Nightshade can be done justice in a movie format.

I can only speak for myself. Some characters work better as a series and others work better as a movie. Maybe you should take it up with these 'other people' who want every character to have a show.

A character like Zatanna would need a tv show in order to do her character justice. Whereas a character like Nightshade can be done justice in a movie format.
    Disagree, love movies - and hopefully Zatanna's will do her character justice just fine. I'm excited for it anyway.

Slavery in Egypt wasn't the same chattel slavery that was practiced in America and Europe.
    Why does it matter? The point is that it was forced labour, so Hawkman would most likely be part of that system and Black Adam would be actively trying to destroy it.

Anothee thing, in the trailer there's a close up of Black Adam talking about his imprisonment, and the right side of his face is obscured while a purpleish cristal shines and floats beside him, could Eclipso be the villain?

Adam and Khufu were close allies in Johns' run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I do think serialized shows lend themselves well to developing characters and heroes, at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do think serialized shows lend themselves well to developing characters and heroes, at times.
    I agree, but it's become frustrating that almost all superhero movies outside the MCU at least has somebody saying it'd be better as a show (and MCU was only an exemption to such talk after the Netflix/MCU deal was dropped, now with Disney+ people will go back to saying it should be all shows again too). As a fan of movies, and superhero movies, it'd be nice to have the occasional film where it's not said "should be a show". Right now, the only time someone doesn't say it should be a show is for characters they don't think should be starring in solos at all (Joker, Venom, Hourman, etc). Then they ask "who asked for this" which is equally frustrating to me. I'm just saying I'd like a few movies in the genre where people don't say that.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Bat-Flash??? tease from Andy Muschietti:

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CUA2qB8lo2_/

Ok I don’t think it is Red Death but it would be f****** hilarious if the villain of the Flash movie… is a goddamn evil Batman
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ok I don’t think it is Red Death but it would be f****** hilarious if the villain of the Flash movie… is a goddamn evil Batman
    Not only just an evil Batman...an evil Flash Batman!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Perhaps alternate Barry is a DCEU's version of Red Death.

Or Ezra will join the Batfamily at the end of the movie.

When are we going to start calling DCEU Flash “Batboy” like the Spidey fans call Holland “Iron Boy”? Because my God am I seeing some similarities here. Can’t really blame WB though, I would not bet any amount of money on Miller’s ability to carry a movie solo either.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

When are we going to start calling DCEU Flash “Batboy” like the Spidey fans call Holland “Iron Boy”? Because my God am I seeing some similarities here. Can’t really blame WB though, I would not bet any amount of money on Miller’s ability to carry a movie solo either.
    Haven't we already ?

Ultimate Member

Sure, if people want to run the same tired whiny joke into the a ground a second time

With all the batman and multiverse stuff, I could see them be using the is movie to setup a Dark Days Metal like sequel.