Page 991 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 491891941981987988989990991992993994995100110411091 ... LastLast
Results 14,851 to 14,865 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Maybe it's because I didn't read Burnside Batgirl but what is particularly egregious about that suit?

It just looks like an update of the 60s show version with a black cowl.
    People hate Burnside Batgirl for how it made Babs much more immature and kind of an *******.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think she looks really good. Burnside is a nice Year One look. Could definitely see that as something she came up with to start her career as Batgirl. Bruce could later give her a more high tech suit.

I like.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I like how it's a helmet design and not one that goes around the chin.

I wonder if they will darken it up a bit in the film. The yellow/gold is pretty garish

Also I'm kinda surprised anyone is surprised about them using the Burnside look. It's easily the most recognizable look Babs has had in decades, and is practically tailor made for an origin story where she's starting off on her own.

But then maybe I'm just happy because I was dreading them using the Murphy costume.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    And the nightmare that is Burnside continues...

Cowl looks coo and her cheekbones is assisting the look.
    It’s never going away
    Never

Ultimate Member

As a starter costume. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Maybe it's because I didn't read Burnside Batgirl but what is particularly egregious about that suit?

It just looks like an update of the 60s show version with a black cowl.
    It makes her look like a rookie dressing in cosplay.

Which, admittedly, she is a rookie here, but in the context of when it was debuted they were trying to spin an experienced Batgirl as wearing it as her main, official, costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I like it, i guess the leather kinda makes it look like a CW suit from the early 2010s but then again so did the burnside suit. And i guess the simplicity has its charm, wouldn't be surprised if by the end she has a more traditional/expensive looking suit as is the current trend.
    It would be nice if they end it with Bruce giving her a more official costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Also I'm kinda surprised anyone is surprised about them using the Burnside look. It's easily the most recognizable look Babs has had in decades, and is practically tailor made for an origin story where she's starting off on her own.

But then maybe I'm just happy because I was dreading them using the Murphy costume.
    As long as it doesn't stick around. It wore out it welcomes in the comics after Babs Tarr stopped drawing it.

I was hoping for something like Arkham Knight:

Very indifferent to the Burnside costume. Never bothered me but never stood out to me either.

I actually like the Burnside design, but I don't think it translated well. They made it too shiny and the proportions seem off.
    The only thing I like is the cowl, it really does fit her face (even if there's no way she wouldn't be recognized in it).

The Burnside suit works better in live action than it does on a comic book page. I don't mind this being the look for a young Barbara Gordon who is just starting out. It only bugs me in the comics because writers can't make up their minds on how long Babs have been at it and how much of her pre-nu 52 history counts. I also don't mind the film taking a more mature route. Babs is supposed to be a mature character and I hate how in Batgirl: YO and Burnside they try to turn her into a cutesy dainty little thing.

Her cheekbones are carrying the entire look. I think substituting the yellow in the Burnside costume for the gold was not a good choice, though it does seem reminiscent of Yvonne Craig's costume.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The Burnside suit works better in live action than it does on a comic book page. I don't mind this being the look for a young Barbara Gordon who is just starting out. It only bugs me in the comics because writers can't make up their minds on how long Babs have been at it and how much of her pre-nu 52 history counts. I also don't mind the film taking a more mature route. Babs is supposed to be a mature character and I hate how in Batgirl: YO and Burnside they try to turn her into a cutesy dainty little thing.
    Agreed on all accounts.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She was very much not a "cutesy dainty little thing" in Year One. At least in personality, because she didn't take @$%^ from anyone and was fairly aggressive.

Leslie Grace actually quoted Year One in her instagram post so it definitely seems like they're melding together a bunch of elements from Babs' different comic book runs/eras into one film.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She was very much not a "cutesy dainty little thing" in Year One. At least in personality, because she didn't take @$%^ from anyone and was fairly aggressive.

Leslie Grace actually quoted Year One in her instagram post so it definitely seems like they're melding together a bunch of elements from Babs' different comic book runs/eras into one film.
    Yes, Year One is a pretty good origin story and did a great job highlighting what made Barbara tick. And honestly, I think Babs deserved her lighter Burnside break as well. The Simone run had been too dark (which Gail revealed was editorial mandated) so both the character and her readers needed something fluffier and less depressing to recuperate with. Burnside served its purpose at the time.