Page 486 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 386436476482483484485486487488489490496536586986 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,290 of 20948

Agreed, BoP is another success story for the DCEU and for humanity broadly.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Does it have to come at the expense of a Barbara who can actually kick?
    Why is a Barbara who can walk more deserving of being put on the big screen than Oracle?

It’s funny that after the Justice League disaster there was word that WB was done with the connected DC movieverse, yet almost all of the preceding DC films reference each other. Aquaman brings up the events of Justice League, Shazam has a (kinda) Superman cameo, and Birds of Prey has a ton of Suicide Squad references. So it’s pretty clear that the DCEU is alive and well. Plus we got Ezra Miller’s Flash appearing in the CW Crisis. Despite the setbacks WB knows that fans enjoy the interactions of characters from throughout the comic book universe.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I agree. I liked BoP enough but I've seen plenty of hate for how woke and feminist it is, and how unrecognizable the costumes are. 99% of the men in the movie are big a-holes.

2 things I disliked about BoP:

1. Harley Quinn doesn't break up with Joker, he dumps her! She had to move on because she had no choice. What a terrible role model for young people honestly.

2. They had to put Joker down to elevate Harley (she's the brains), just like how they do it in the Supergirl show and their treatment of Superman. So annoying.
    Harley Quinn isn't a role model and the movie doesn't try to make her one.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It’s funny that after the Justice League disaster there was word that WB was done with the connected DC movieverse, yet almost all of the preceding DC films reference each other. Aquaman brings up the events of Justice League, Shazam has a (kinda) Superman cameo, and Birds of Prey has a ton of Suicide Squad references. So it’s pretty clear that the DCEU is alive and well. Plus we got Ezra Miller’s Flash appearing in the CW Crisis. Despite the setbacks WB knows that fans enjoy the interactions of characters from throughout the comic book universe.
    The post-Justice League DC movies aren't a reboot, and they have references to the prior movies. But the new movies are also not a continuation with the old ones. The plotlines are different, the aesthetic is different, and the references are deliberately kept vague and open-ended.

I'd rather argue that right now we are seeing a transititory period, where the current movies can be set either in the old continuity or in a new coming continuity. At a guess, the final shift will come with either the Batman movie or Gunn's Suicide Squad.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    They wanna pee with the big dogs (MCU) but are too afraid to lift the leg.

They are the only ones with a solid foundation (characters/IPs/fandom) to do so though. Its just... they are kinda pathetic. Does not even have a the guts to name a connected universe. They have no standing power. Complete lack of endurance paired with must have short term goals paired with "I don't give a crap, just release it so I get more money now" personas like that Monves dude. Jump from one figurehead to another and does not support correctly either of them nor bother getting a new one which MCU clearly shows is needed. On top of that an marketing team full of monkeys that neither understand or want to understand or utilize the fanbase (of the source material).

... just my subjective feelings about it.

I think Ryan Kwanten (Jason from True Blood) could be a good green arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I don't get guys like you. Look for role models in real life and not in your escapism/entertainment. I'm a game of thrones nerd and don't think dating your sister or killing pregnant women is a good idea in real life
    The problem is DC wants us to see Harley as a good guy when in reality she's a criminal and a bully.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yeah! They do push her as some female empowerment symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! They do push her as some female empowerment symbol.
    exactly and she isn't! She's trash. She wasn't even able to leave the Joker, he dumped her..

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Better look at the batsuit from the Batman set:

Possible Catwoman's look?

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 02-21-2020 at 11:02 AM.

The eyes are blocked out. Does that mean he might actually have the white eyes?

I'm guessing they're going to continue to CG the cape...but do those look like mo-cap dots on his face?

Those stuff on the gauntlets look like needles or weapons.

I definitely think Batman is chasing Catwoman on the Batcycle, but I doubt that's her Catwoman costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    but do those look like mo-cap dots on his face?
    Yep, he's a stunt double. They'll add Pattison's face on him in post-production.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    The post-Justice League DC movies aren't a reboot, and they have references to the prior movies. But the new movies are also not a continuation with the old ones. The plotlines are different, the aesthetic is different, and the references are deliberately kept vague and open-ended.

I'd rather argue that right now we are seeing a transititory period, where the current movies can be set either in the old continuity or in a new coming continuity. At a guess, the final shift will come with either the Batman movie or Gunn's Suicide Squad.
    The cross continuity we've seen in DCEU movies hasn't radically shifted between films. Every film thus far has alluded to a previous film in some way and from what we know about SS 2 it is doing that too.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut