Page 511 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 114114615015075085095105115125135145155215616111011 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Gal Gadot's airhead Imagine video killed my intention of watching WW2 in cinemas
    Whatever. Okay, you do you.

I just don't get where people seeing The Batman as an AU comes from. At this point Pattinson is the main live action Batman whether there's a shared universe or not.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Gal was innocent for the video but celebrities literally have nothing better to do during these times so it didn't bother me but yeah the DCEU is just all over the place.

Cavill has just simply moved on, Affleck is a whole mess, Heard is in a whole mess, Ezra is a mess, and Ray is just easily forgettable. It's pretty sad.
    Funny how all of Snyder's castings (save Gadot and Momoa) were nutty or just fell by the wayside.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just don't get where people seeing The Batman as an AU comes from. At this point Pattinson is the main live action Batman whether there's a shared universe or not.
    Yeah. "It's an AU" is kind of irrelevant because it's not like they're gonna also have someone else playing Affleck's Batman. Birds of Prey mentioning Bruce Wayne but then never showing him is about what you can expect, and that's if they don't somehow just say **** it and have Pattinson's Batman be in a tweaked continuity that also includes Gadot , Levi and Momoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It’s mostly the Snyder Cut holdouts who still think Snyder could come back somehow and direct JL2 after the Snyder Cut comes out to widespread acclaim (lmao). Affleck is done and is not coming back. Gordon is black in Reeves movie, and Alfred is played by a different actor. This is not a prequel. This is a separate continuity which will also be the ONLY Batman on screen going forward. People can’t accept that none of Snyder’s movies matter anymore.
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-07-2020 at 04:34 PM.

Astonishing Member

If this video is what it looks like it is, I’m completely surprised since Miller seemed like a carefree guy without a care in the world but obviously people are more complex that, and are not always what they seem.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    If this video is what it looks like it is, I’m completely surprised since Miller seemed like a carefree guy without a care in the world but obviously people are more complex that, and are not always what they seem.
    People on Reddit who claimed to be there said he was under the influence of something...

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    So let's just clarify how this discussion started; Actor gets into a bar fight ---> "The DCEU is finished!"
    The DCEU's goose was cooked the moment Batman vs Superman came out and the general public largely rejected it. The problem is that these films were planned so far ahead, that it's taken years for that original conception of the DCEU to vanish. The woes and scandals of the actors involved has only hastened its demise.

This is not to say that DC Films is done though. As long as superhero films keep making hefty profits, Warner Bros is going to keep exploiting the IP it has at its disposal. However, they are definitely pivoting away from what Zack Snyder had planned.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    People on Reddit who claimed to be there said he was under the influence of something...
    Yeah, I think it's a foregone conclusion that Miller was drunk, high, or both. It's a shame, because everything I'd heard about him was that he was a real sweetheart.

Reeves talks a bit about The Batman.

His love for these previous iterations of The Dark Knight led to Reeves finding the shape for his own vision for The Batman. “I just felt like well, what I’d love to do is to get a version of this Batman character where he’s not yet fully formed. Where there’s something to do in this context with who that guy would be in this world today, and to ground him in all of these broken ways. Because at the end of the day, this guy is doing all of this to deal with trauma in his past.”
    https://nerdist.com/article/matt-ree...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Reeves talks a bit about The Batman.

https://nerdist.com/article/matt-ree...mpression=true
    Ugh “ground”. I hope that doesn’t mean another “grounded” take.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s mostly the Snyder Cut holdouts who still think Snyder could come back somehow and direct JL2 after the Snyder Cut comes out to widespread acclaim (lmao). Affleck is done and is not coming back. Gordon is black in Reeves movie, and Alfred is played by a different actor. This is not a prequel. This is a separate continuity which will also be the ONLY Batman on screen going forward. People can’t accept that none of Snyder’s movies matter anymore.
    They matter so little that the people who hate them can't help bitching about them even in conversations where they are completely irrelevant just to snark at either Snyder or the DCEU.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They matter so little that the people who hate them can't help bitching about them even in conversations where they are completely irrelevant just to snark at either Snyder or the DCEU.
    Herewith I clarify... I have nothing against Snyder... just against Gadot (I liked her alot) and Miller (who is that guy and who cares)

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Agreed. It was clueless, but they meant well. It's something worthy of a laugh, but boycotting a movie? That seems a bit extreme.
    Heh, if I did that, I would be boycotting almost everything then.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

. Gordon is black in Reeves movie
    Harvey dent is black in batman 89 and white by part 3!