Page 1308 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 30880812081258129813041305130613071308130913101311131213181358 ... LastLast
Results 19,606 to 19,620 of 20948
    Astonishing Member

Rip Flash Movie.

Truly hope the media make it absolutely difficult for WB during the promotion of this film

I thought Ezra Miller was just chill and quirky, but now...jeez.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Anyone who pays money for this movie is an enabler.
    Watching it even without pay will not make one better but it's Hollywood, most of the movies we pay for is enabling someone high up to continue to be a douche (any Weinstein produced film)

None of this is on the audience. People who love the Barry Allen character and want to support a movie with him are not to blame for what the lead actor is accused of been doing. The Truman Show is one of my favorite movies ever and it was produced by Scott Rudin. To tell me I'm an "enabler" for liking that movie because Rudin was exposed as an abusive ******* is rather misguided to say the least.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-18-2022 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Anyone who pays money for this movie is an enabler.
    Yes, lets pi** on everyone else in the movie. These Blockbusters can catapult even lesser known actors that had a bit part but someone saw and liked what they saw. But yes, lets throw it all away. Makes sense.

There is a difference between liking something you discovered before knowing someone was an abuser and actively supporting their projects afterwards.

I love Michael Keaton's Batman it's one of the major reasons I was saddened to hear Batgirl was shelved. But I will not see this film in theaters because I will not support Ezra going forward. Now when it's on HBOMAX I'll give it a watch since it's essentially free for me.

I think the question should be at what point do we draw the line about any of this. It's not like a movie is made by one person, what about the hundreds of other people who helped them do it. Should they be punished for that person's sins too. The actual enablers here are those in positions of power who let people like that keep doing what they're doing unpunished, not the audience that spends their hard-earned money to go to a movie theater for 2 hours.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-18-2022 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think the question should be at what point do we draw the line about any of this. It's not like a movie is made by one person, what about the hundreds of other people who helped them do it. Should they be punished for that person's sins too. The actual enablers here are those in positions of power who let people like that keep doing what they're doing unpunished, not the audience that spends their hard-earned money to go to a movie theater for 2 hours.
    If Ezra was a supporting character it becomes complicated, but Ezra isn't Ezra is the Star. If a hit it sends the message an actor can do what they want to anyone and it has no ramifications on their career. It's even more disturbing because Ezra is a now matter how they identify was born a white male into privilege.

I don't agree with Will Smith hitting Chris Rock, but a black man hitting a man while he was defending his wife's honor has gotten more blow back from Hollywood, the media, and society than Ezra and that's disturbing.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    There is a difference between liking something you discovered before knowing someone was an abuser and actively supporting their projects afterwards.

I love Michael Keaton's Batman it's one of the major reasons I was saddened to hear Batgirl was shelved. But I will not see this film in theaters because I will not support Ezra going forward. Now when it's on HBOMAX I'll give it a watch since it's essentially free for me.
    You don't think that giving it views wont be helpful? People think not going to the theater is making a statement when anyway you view it....is practically the same. If its a hit on streaming you havent done much. If its a stop pirated film, you havent done much.

If Ezra was a supporting character it becomes complicated, but Ezra isn't Ezra is the Star. If a hit it sends the message an actor can do what they want to anyone and it has no ramifications on their career. It's even more disturbing because Ezra is a now matter how they identify was born a white male into privilege.

I don't agree with Will Smith hitting Chris Rock, but a black man hitting a man while he was defending his wife's honor has gotten more blow back from Hollywood, the media, and society than Ezra and that's disturbing.
    This has literally nothing to do with anyone's cultural identity, the claim was that if anyone pays to see this they're enabling Ezra, when the paying audience isn't to blame whether anyone does or does not get away with bad behaviour. That's on the people who sign Ezra(and Will)'s checks and only on them.

I'd watch it for Keaton and the other characters a few months after it goes on Streaming not 1st weekend and that's only if the scenes I'd watch on YouTube of Keaton looked good or not. I don't thinking watching it on a streaming service I'm already paying for months after it drops sends a message of support rather curiosity.

Also as for cultural identity not playing an issue then ask yourself this why is Ezra getting support and Ray Fisher was cut out of Flash? Then there's Batgirl it's odd WB has a history in the DCEU of only POCs get cut while controversal white stars like Ezra and Hurd get support.

BANNED

Jeez Louise. Nothing especially new here, but more disturbing details. It's a weird situation because on some level, there's clearly manipulative behavior but on the other, Miller seems genuinely delusional and crazy. Like this behavior is absolutely bananas. I remember some earlier report that said Miller was spotted in Iceland back when that trouble was happening and they would be wandering around town, barefoot with an infected gash on one foot, mumbling to themselves. Really sad, disturbing stuff all around.

Also as for cultural identity not playing an issue then ask yourself this why is Ezra getting support and Ray Fisher was cut out of Flash? Then there's Batgirl it's odd WB has a history in the DCEU of only POCs get cut while controversal white stars like Ezra and Hurd get support.
    Not doing this. Need something more than an actor being cut out of a movie after publicly declaring he won't do it unless the head of the DC movie division leaves, or the cancellation of a made-for-streaming movie about a raceswapped character, to entertain the idea that this is a case of Ezra benefiting from white privilege. Otherwise you clearly want to turn this into something it's not. I will leave you to it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-18-2022 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought Ezra Miller was just chill and quirky, but now...jeez.
    You realized this now?