Page 536 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 364364865265325335345355365375385395405465866361036 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,040 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    THEY laughed at me when I said Joker was a DCEU film, now I'm laughing.
    I don't follow

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    As much as I would greatly prefer a hard reboot of the DCEU this approach isn’t half bad, and might make it stand out as unique compared to the MCU.
    it's more or less in the same ballpark as the Xmen movies, as far as time travel and continuity goes.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I don't follow

it's more or less in the same ballpark as the Xmen movies, as far as time travel and continuity goes.
    The Joker is now CONFIRMED to be a DCEU film.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

...how? When? What?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I don't follow

I would argue this we’re getting a multiverse that includes different incarnations of characters in the form of a cinematic universe. Fox’s X-Men movies weren’t really that.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 06-22-2020 at 04:34 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Uh...wow. We must be reading different articles but I saw nothing to suggest Joker is part of any shared universe.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    ...how? When? What?
    Lol it isn't.

No real surprise that the Reeves Batman movies are going to be their own thing. That is kind of the feeling we got when more and more info about them started to come out. Although it feels like he is copying Nolan a little too much with the first movie being about a young Batman and the 2nd one apparently going to introduce the Joker all in a grounded setting again. Although I guess no reason to move away from what was a successful formula last time.

I am surprised Keaton is coming back. That is interesting, but I really don't have a ton of interest in the current Flash movie. It just feels like such a mess and I am not a big fan of who they got to play Flash, but getting Keaton to come back as Batman in some mentor role is really out of the box thinking. I really would love for DC to just build up a organic universe of movies over time that builds on itself, but I guess that isn't going to happen so they should just get more weird and see what can work I suppose.
    Last edited by Badou; 06-22-2020 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    No real surprise that the Reeves Batman movies are going to be their own thing. That is kind of the feeling we got when more and more info about them started to come out. Although it feels like he is copying Nolan a little too much with the first movie being about a young Batman and the 2nd one apparently going to introduce the Joker all in a grounded setting again. Although I guess no reason to move away from what was a successful formula last time.
    Uh, what? What does Michael Keaton playing an alternate version of Batman have to do with the Patinson Batman?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Uh, what? What does Michael Keaton playing an alternate version of Batman have to do with the Patinson Batman?
    Nothing? I don't really follow. It's just that the new wave of rumors basically said that Reeve's Batman movies will be their own thing. So they aren't going to be building something else from them is all. Most guessed that by what the past leaks and rumors said, but this just adds more credit to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are they going to revive those projects?
    Don't know about Supergirl but The Hollywood Reporter claims the current plans have Keaton reprise his mentor role in the Batgirl film. Plus The Flash and Batgirl are being written by the same person, Birds of Prey's Christina Hodson.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Don't know about Supergirl but The Hollywood Reporter claims the current plans have Keaton reprise his mentor role in the Batgirl film. Plus The Flash and Batgirl are being written by the same person, Birds of Prey's Christina Hodson.
    Supergirl is on hold until they figure out Superman I think. Looks like we’ll start getting the Batman spinoffs though. Hey maybe we can get Dick Grayson or Terry Batman? I would love that.

Keaton? Uhm... Ok. I love the Burton Batman movies. But ain't he a bit VERY murder happy? Not like Affleks "collateral happens" but like "heh, sucks to be you" happy grin when putting a bunch of dynamite in a goons pants?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Keaton? Uhm... Ok. I love the Burton Batman movies. But ain't he a bit VERY murder happy? Not like Affleks "collateral happens" but like "heh, sucks to be you" happy grin when putting a bunch of dynamite in a goons pants?
    He's less murderous than Affleck's was, and more concerned about collateral damage.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    He's less murderous than Affleck's was, and more concerned about collateral damage.
    I don't see that all. Batfleck might have killed more, but he didn't do so beyond defending himself (unlike Keaton's).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I don't see that all. Batfleck might have killed more, but he didn't do so beyond defending himself (unlike Keaton's).
    He went beyond "defending himself," he made Gotham a war zone trying to catch those mercenaries. Drags a car behind him, despite the fact it could have hurt any innocent drivers if they appeared, deliberately directs a criminal to drive into a truck hauling gas causing a massive explosion, and rams though boats and things recklessly like a knife through butter, with no concern to their owners. His Batmobile is a force of nature which crushes everything in its path with military precision.

When Keaton's Batman blows things up its away from civilians, it's quick, contained and he moves on. Watch how he gets rid of the strong man from Returns.