Page 514 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 144144645045105115125135145155165175185245646141014 ... LastLast
Results 7,696 to 7,710 of 20948
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

What I don't want is Batgod. Hope he makes mistakes (just not in a Wargames/Tower of Babel kinda way). Reeves has talked about his love for Batman '66 and I hope for Richard Grayson and Barbara Gordon to show up by the 2nd or 3rd movie. Also it would be nice to have Catwoman as a partner (just not the Tom King way) more often. I couldn't be more happy with getting Falcone, Riddler and Penguin. Joker not being around also a Plus.

The Suicide Squad being on schedule... great news
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 04-09-2020 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If it looks like no criminal charges were brought then I'd assume this wasn't assault, and was just Miller and possibly the woman making big enough asses out of themselves to be banned from the store. Embarrassing, but far from criminal. But I don't know how stringent Iceland is when it comes to assault, either, especially against a woman.
    I think there are mostly situational reasons why the police didn't get involved (no readily apparent bodily harm, the thing being broken up quickly, most involved being drunk—though at least Miller didn't sound drunk, but that's really hard to assess).

What I think WB does is look at this and realise that they can't trust Miller in marketing campaigns and tours, because that's something that every celebrity needs: reliable strategies to safely and quietly defuse situations with people getting too pushy against them.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Astonishing Member

The fact that Miller haven’t said anything publicly about this incident is strange. Not even a public apology. I guess the current pandemic situation gives them the advantage of this not receiving huge media coverage.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

By the way, I read (haven't verified myself) that Birds of Prey is available for rent on the big streamers for $2.99 right now.
    For those interested, you may want to go and check.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I think there are mostly situational reasons why the police didn't get involved (no readily apparent bodily harm, the thing being broken up quickly, most involved being drunk—though at least Miller didn't sound drunk, but that's really hard to assess).

What I think WB does is look at this and realise that they can't trust Miller in marketing campaigns and tours, because that's something that every celebrity needs: reliable strategies to safely and quietly defuse situations with people getting too pushy against them.
    Strangulation tends to leave marks, and easily, so if there's no apparent bodily harm that supports the idea that this wasn't violence and just a couple people being dumb (and not social distancing!!). I mean, who the hell knows what it really was, and I dont know a thing about Iceland's laws so that doesn't help either.

But I definitely agree that after this, dude can't be trusted on the promotion circuit. Even if this incident was the most innocent thing ever, and he was just goofing around with a fan, grabbing a woman by the neck is a really gods damn stupid thing to do.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I can't say that an actor's private life impacts whether I pay to see their film. Amber Heard and Johnny Depp are a toxic couple who were physically and emotionally abusive to each other. If WB decides to keep them in their jobs, that's fine with me. I can separate an actor from a role. The crime would have to be egregious for me to boycott, but by those standards, WB would certainly recast the actor anyway. But if I'm to cancel a movie or TV because an actor behaves badly, then I'd have to ditch quite a bit of entertainment.

Same. Basically, most people are far from perfect, actors or not. Most things would be ruined or unwatchable if I expect them to be always nice and sweet people.

Astonishing Member

Miller needs to set the record straight and give his side of the story and apologize. I’m not eager to have him fired over this, and I say this as a guy who disliked his performance as the character. I find the fact he hasn’t said a word about it publicly to be pretty alarming.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 04-10-2020 at 10:46 AM.

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Miller needs to set the record straight and give his side of the story and apologize. I’m not eager to have him fired over this, and I say this as a guy who disliked his performance as the character. I find the fact he hasn’t said a word about it publicly to be pretty alarming.
    Not likely, but maybe he isn't even aware of the hoopla. Is he big on social media?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Not likely, but maybe he isn't even aware of the hoopla. Is he big on social media?
    I'm not certain, but I recall it being said he's nowhere to be found on social media. He doesn't use any of them, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    he knew about the Snyder cut...

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    he knew about the Snyder cut...
    Like lurking on nerd forums and sites isn't a thing. Don't need to use social media to know about that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I can't say that an actor's private life impacts whether I pay to see their film. Amber Heard and Johnny Depp are a toxic couple who were physically and emotionally abusive to each other. If WB decides to keep them in their jobs, that's fine with me. I can separate an actor from a role. The crime would have to be egregious for me to boycott, but by those standards, WB would certainly recast the actor anyway. But if I'm to cancel a movie or TV because an actor behaves badly, then I'd have to ditch quite a bit of entertainment.
    Well he's with the wrong network and company in Warner Brothers. Because they have done that before as have other networks.

Grace Under Fire that saw not one but 2 cast members quit over Grace's behavior before ABC had enough and axed the show.

The Beautiful Life that got derailed by a cast member.

or you get shows that get rid of the issue and the new replacement screws up-see Blue Mountain State.

Or you see actors blackballed for their antics. Sam Jones III hasn't don anything since his arrest and prison stint after Blue Mountain State.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Like lurking on nerd forums and sites isn't a thing. Don't need to use social media to know about that.
    People who don't use social media like twitter have no idea what the Snyder cut is. People in the real world don't and don't even care.

Astonishing Member

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I feel for him. I doubt the original cut was all that great to begin with (Bright is atrocious) and there are all sorts of questionable creative decisions from him that still made it into the theatrical cut, but it's very clear that what ended up onscreen was not the movie he signed on to make.