Page 579 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 794795295695755765775785795805815825835896296791079 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,685 of 20948
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    10 seconds of googling brought me this.
    Those weren't about design, actors performance not coming through.. Etc. But, about cgi not being done up to par. Here people are making a deal about the design itself and not cgi quality. The entire movie had bad cgi. It's pretty much a given. They couldn't even get rid of cavill's mustache. Here, people are jumping on design. When in fact, both had used designs that weren't kirby-esque and both used cgi itself intsead of live action actor. Design is a subjective matter. Cgi not being done properly can be assessed objectively as it is about technical aspect. Moreover, an actors performance can come through with cgi. That's a non-issue. As if, thanos and hulk was portrayed using a person with purple make up. Kirby's steppenwolf was a yellowish alien. So, even if they had opted for live action actor and that design. The guy would have needed to put on yellow makup. That requiring to be threatening enough to fight gods on equal terms can be hard to achieve with just makeup. Snyder wasn't using steppenwolf as sideboss. But a main villain with threatening look. cgi is perfectly reasonable choice for that. As said, if cgi quality was the question i could have understood.This is a movie that's being sent to post production now.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-12-2020 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Those weren't about design, actors performance not coming through.
    That's splitting hairs. Fact of the matter is the claim there was no criticism of Steppenwolf in the theatrical cut and that everybody suddenly cares now to dogpile on Snyder is not true.
    Last edited by Holt; 08-12-2020 at 10:14 AM.

That's splitting hairs. Fact of the matter is the claim there was no criticism of Steppenwolf in the theatrical cut and that everybody suddenly cares now to dogpile on Snyder is not true.
    It's not splitting hair. I was specifically speaking out against the backlash against the aesthetic choices that snyder made. None of my posts were about the cgi quality . You can check my previous posts. People here weren't critiscising cgi quality. And there was no debate on the aesthetics and design back then. I remember it perfectly. That to me speaks of prejudice and nothing else. Even now, if the cgi is done bad when released i can get behind the criticism. As for kirby's design, i don't know if people who complain would care if kirby's design was redrawn now as when he was alive. But, i can take proof from precedent of people reactions. I mean, kirby's fourth world steppenwolf certainly doesn't look like the popculture version of a norse warlord. There is no callback to much kirby in that design you posted. Yet, nobody cares. And nobody cared when they redrew his superman as well.Me,I love kirby's superman design and the fourth world. I have said i would love to have that aesthetic on film. (Dcau and silver surfer tas did a great job with that as well, on a side note) . Kirby's superman is up there with shuster's superman .But, i won't blame snyder for doing the things that other people in the company have already done that i haven't spoken against.

Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-12-2020 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It's not splitting hair.
    It is. And I say this as someone who actually agrees Snyder gets way too much hate and that many of his detractors have a weird obsession with him. But in this case, no, it's totally legit and fair game to dislike that Steppenwolf design, especially since, as I already demonstrated, nobody had a lot of love for the theatrical version either.

It is.
    Fine then, let's agree to disagree. I still stand by what i see and believe.

Ray Fisher now says that Geoff Johns made veiled threats about his career.

Now we know why he's not on the Fandome guest list.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Ray Fisher now says that Geoff Johns made veiled threats about his career.
    This is becoming such a mess...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is becoming such a mess...
    That Ray is causing all by himself.

Johns even with the WB behind him can't ruin Ray's career.

Ray is doing that all by himself.

He didn't really have a career to ruin in the first place. Justice League was his first major role in anything and he's done almost nothing since then. True Detective was about it for him.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Did anything more come out of the one woman tweeting that Johns sent her flirty DMs when she was only 17?

I don't know what to make of the Fisher situation.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Did anything more come out of the one woman tweeting that Johns sent her flirty DMs when she was only 17?

I don't know what to make of the Fisher situation.
    I feel like I heard of this before, but could you explain?

I’m wondering if Fisher has just decided that he’s done with big studio films or if this is just pure hubris. Johns was demoted after Justice League but he’s still valuable to WB as he oversees a lot of their DC tv shows. Fisher is not going to win this battle and he’s making himself look bad by airing this on Twitter. Maybe he thinks the Snyder Cut is gonna give him some sway in Hollywood. I wouldn’t bet on that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m wondering if Fisher has just decided that he’s done with big studio films or if this is just pure hubris. Johns was demoted after Justice League but he’s still valuable to WB as he oversees a lot of their DC tv shows. Fisher is not going to win this battle and he’s making himself look bad by airing this on Twitter. Maybe he thinks the Snyder Cut is gonna give him some sway in Hollywood. I wouldn’t bet on that.
    It makes him look like a hypocrite with what Snyder's saying in the media. Rather than being able holding abusers accountable it comes across more like who's sports team he supports. And for what?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It doesn't appear there was anything to it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?