Page 728 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2286286787187247257267277287297307317327387788281228 ... LastLast
Results 10,906 to 10,920 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think it was meant to be a finite series of films, like the Dark Knight Trilogy.
    I mean I would imagine that’s possible but given how WB is still trying to make something work with the multiverse Flash film and whatever is up with Michael Keaton, it doesn’t seem to far off that we would get some weird son of the Bat filmverse.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Man, and I thought Injustice was as bad as it could get for Batgod wanks that it’s creators and defenders try to pretend is love letter to DC characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Wow, so the real death of Superman would have been the Justice League trilogy.

No matter how bad things get with the Superman franchise, at least the character dodged this kryptonite bullet. This is like what an angsty high school kid who loves Batman and hates Superman would write.
    Because that’s basically Snyder’s maturity level:
    You could call it "high-brow" comics, but to me, that comic book was just pretty sexy! I had a buddy who tried getting me into "normal" comic books, but I was all like, "No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me." I was a little broken, that way. So when Watchmen came along, I was, "This is more my scene."
    Straight from the man himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Man, and I thought Injustice was as bad as it could get for Batgod wanks that it’s creators and defenders try to pretend is love letter to DC characters.
    Not even Timm went this far. This is Batwank on a whole ‘nother level.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

If the man is into the darker aspects of the dcu that's what moves him.
    He was perfect for watchmen and Batman but bad for superman imo
    Going for the death of superman in the 2nd movie...no defense for that
    Visually his Justice League looks way better than what we got from whedon

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Wow, so the real death of Superman would have been the Justice League trilogy.

No matter how bad things get with the Superman franchise, at least the character dodged this kryptonite bullet. This is like what an angsty high school kid who loves Batman and hates Superman would write.
    Well..... look at who they hired for Superman's next movie. You might still get that bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    But he didn't understand Watchmen at all! The comic is a deconstruction of the classic superhero. You aren't supposed to look at Rorschach and Nite Owl and say "those guys are badass!". The book was about flawed, violent and damaged people. It didn't need the slow mo badass fight scenes and a glossy finish. With Rorschach, Moore was showing that there is a huge aspect of fascism and mental illness to these vigilantes. Rorschach is a deranged far right nut bar who sees the world in black and white. He hurts people based on his own skewed moral code. He's the worst aspects of a character like Batman.

Nite Owl is a sad impotent man who can only get excited by putting on a costume and bashing skulls. I can go on and on about Dr. Manhattan, The Comedian, etc. These characters aren't meant to have a cool soundtrack or be idolized. I'm sure there are countless rants about this movie so I'll end it here.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well..... look at who they hired for Superman's next movie. You might still get that bullet.
    True.

But that goes along with WB always wanting to make Superman darker and edgy.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Zack would've killed off everyone who isnt Flash and Cyborg lol. Oh lord.

Supermans entire storyline revolves around Bruce saving his humanity. oh god.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I would imagine that’s possible but given how WB is still trying to make something work with the multiverse Flash film and whatever is up with Michael Keaton, it doesn’t seem to far off that we would get some weird son of the Bat filmverse.
    Oh, I'm sure if the Snyder films had been as successful as they wanted them to be, they would have wrung every last dollar out of them

Side bar but the plan also not specifying on which GL it is lowkey one of the funniest things about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Cyborg still looks pretty bad.

The jury's out on if Steppenwolf is an improvement.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Side bar but the plan also not specifying on which GL it is lowkey one of the funniest things about this.
    It does look like Hal in the art.

I don't know if Hal's cinematic reputation would have been able to handle this being his next outing lol.

The GLs dodged a bullet not being in the Snyderverse.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The GLs dodged a bullet not being in the Snyderverse.
    Honestly, while I'd love for any alternative to this Bruce/Lois stuff (and maybe the further Bruce/Diana stuff that we might get as a compromise in the final cut), I'm kind of glad Selina is nowhere to be found either.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

gods in heaven (which I mean Snyder's Justice League) I cannot believe the suits at WB thought this was a good idea.

I am so happy the DCEU crashed and burned hard because this is beyond horrendous; it's not even worth the schadenfreude because I actually love the DC heroes and to see this is beyond a train wreck.

Superman the worlds first modern superhero would have been reduced to this?
    Batman would impregnate Lois?

What!?

I feel like this is fake, but knowing Snyder I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    gods in heaven (which I mean Snyder's Justice League) I cannot believe the suits at WB thought this was a good idea.
    To be fair, they didn't think this was a good idea