Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Walk?

They can't even crawl straight.
    IN all honesty, neither can I and I am 51...

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    There’s rumors spreading around Twitter that DC employees are bracing for an extremely damning report on Ezra Miller. Apparently it’s going to “make the Armie Hammer stuff look like Mr Rogers”.
    Meh, it's Twitter. According to Musk, it's probably a Bot.

Niffleheim

Hamada’s plans were said to have included a Crisis on Infinite Earths event, a take on the seminal DC Comics story that was adapted for TV on The CW. Rumors circulated about introducing the Secret Six, a villain team that in the comics have been Suicide Squad antagonists. More concretely, Warners had films based on Supergirl, Green Lantern Corps and Static Shock expected in the next few years, plus a J.J. Abrams-produced Black Superman film from writer Ta-Nehisi Coates. Development has slowed, with none of those features attaching directors.
    Development has slowed
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Redundant to only the ppl who have watched the tv stuff and even then I don't think they matter much. Movies can still do their own version and not be compared.
    True, but the story structure and whole point would be the same. I'm not even sure how far they could dive back into their movies and TV to mine from that they haven't already.

I just don't see the point outside "reboot."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    True, but the story structure and whole point would be the same. I'm not even sure how far they could dive back into their movies and TV to mine from that they haven't already.

I just don't see the point outside "reboot."
    I doubt movie people will ever care about the CW did lol. Not that I want a Crisis movie so early but it could easily be done even if it was already done in the CW. For starters, I'd assume the characters would be completely different and it would have a much bigger audience

Development looked non-existent as it was so these projects might as well be cancelled.

Meanwhile, rumors are Rock wants Black Adam to not just fight Superman but get built up as a Thanos level threat. So half-assed, unearned Crisis on Infinite Earths or Black freakin' Adam as the big Justice League enemy.

Maybe Alan Moore really did put a curse on DC?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Meanwhile, rumors are Rock wants Black Adam to not just fight Superman but get built up as a Thanos level threat. So half-assed, unearned Crisis on Infinite Earths or Black freakin' Adam as the big Justice League enemy.

I mean, at this point, it wouldn't be terribly far fetched.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Marvel will have used up the multiverse concept by the time WB even gets started with a Crisis-like event. I think people are already getting bored of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Walk?

They can't even crawl straight.
    Nail in the coffin.

This is all just a mess. We as fans just want a couple good films. I mean not all the Marvel films between 2008 and 2018 were amazing. They had a few bumps. I liked them all but a few could have been better. I expect the same with WB/DC. From here on out I will expect better or I just wont watch. WB/DC with films have gold on the hands and they wont be able to take it or cash in unless they wake up. We are talking about Superman here and Batman and Wonder Woman. People will go to see those films. They will come back for more if they are that good. The Flash at this point I dont know what to say. I am that big a fan that I am still going to see it if they release it. Green Lantern? Yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean come on WB/DC could open up space better than Marvel has with a GL movie or movies. Keep Shazam, Keep Black Adam, Aquaman, recast Flash, Peacemaker is amazing and SS was a good movie, keep Affleck around if he will do it id love to see it. Same as Gadot i like her as Wonder Woman. Its the smile. I want Cavill back. It is his look and when they can get him to smile I would like to see it. I was not a big fan of Man of Steel or him in other movies as Superman because of the writing and directing. I love his look. Show him on roof tops or in the sky with sunsets and getting a cat from a tree or battling a big bad. I want it all to just work for once.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I doubt movie people will ever care about the CW did lol. Not that I want a Crisis movie so early but it could easily be done even if it was already done in the CW. For starters, I'd assume the characters would be completely different and it would have a much bigger audience
    Again, I don't think it's so much about the CW as it just feeling repetitive since the TV Crisis basically did about the same thing a movie Crisis would do. I'm also just not sure how much more they could do with it cinematically other than a bigger budget.

At least an animated Crisis is a novel concept because of all the various, popular, animated DC properties and universes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

I don't think Johnson will commit to Adam being that much of an antagonist.

Honestly, why would they go with COIE in the first place? Yes, I get that it's a pivotal event in the DCU but it's also a lot of spectacle with little substance. Some of the biggest emotional moments like the death of the Supergirl or Helena Wayne being distraught because she no longer exists on this new Earth loses it's impact because history has been re written and those aforementioned characters are forgotten.

If I had to pick an event to adapt for a live action universe, I would pick:

-Emerald Twilight/Zero Hour/Final Night saga. Done right, Hal Jordan losing his city, snapping, becoming a villain who tries to recreate the universe and then trying to redeem himself by saving the world and later becoming the Spectre to atone for his sins could make for an incredible story arc.

-Infinite Crisis: the world's heroes being in disarray and a group of 'heroes' from another universe showing up to claim they can help create a better world if they just give up the ones they currently live in.

-World of New Krypton: Superman unleashing a million Kryptonians on earth, not all whom play as nice as he does and having to play mediator between the Kandorians whilst everyone else deals with the fall out is one of the most exciting that ever happened in Superman comics. It also allowed so many supporting characters like Steel, Kimiyo Hoshi, Captain Atom and Zachary Zatara to take the spotlight.

-Sinestro Corps War: Self explanatory.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Honestly, why would they go with COIE in the first place?
    Two core reasons:

A) They now have a popular Batman movie series set in a completely different universe from the prime DC Universe, so if they ever want to capitalize on that in some sort of crossover, it's going to require multiverse shenanigans.

B) Just like Marvel has now done with the Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies and the Fox X-Men films in Phase 4, this gives them an excuse for nostalgia mining by potentially bringing back more fan favorites from past DC movies, just like they're already doing with Keaton in The Flash.

Do I think they would've stuck the landing on this or that it'd actually make a good movie? Eh. But I can see why on paper it's an appealing premise.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Honestly, why would they go with COIE in the first place? Yes, I get that it's a pivotal event in the DCU but it's also a lot of spectacle with little substance. Some of the biggest emotional moments like the death of the Supergirl or Helena Wayne being distraught because she no longer exists on this new Earth loses it's impact because history has been re written and those aforementioned characters are forgotten.

If I had to pick an event to adapt for a live action universe, I would pick:

-Emerald Twilight/Zero Hour/Final Night saga. Done right, Hal Jordan losing his city, snapping, becoming a villain who tries to recreate the universe and then trying to redeem himself by saving the world and later becoming the Spectre to atone for his sins could make for an incredible story arc.

-Infinite Crisis: the world's heroes being in disarray and a group of 'heroes' from another universe showing up to claim they can help create a better world if they just give up the ones they currently live in.

-World of New Krypton: Superman unleashing a million Kryptonians on earth, not all whom play as nice as he does and having to play mediator between the Kandorians whilst everyone else deals with the fall out is one of the most exciting that ever happened in Superman comics. It also allowed so many supporting characters like Steel, Kimiyo Hoshi, Captain Atom and Zachary Zatara to take the spotlight.

-Sinestro Corps War: Self explanatory.
    I think those Superman and GL centered events make a lot of sense. I'd ike to see big things happen off-world.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Two core reasons:

A) They now have a popular Batman movie series set in a completely different universe from the prime DC Universe, so if they ever want to capitalize on that in some sort of crossover, it's going to require multiverse shenanigans.

B) Just like Marvel has now done with the Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies and the Fox X-Men films in Phase 4, this gives them an excuse for nostalgia mining by potentially bringing back more fan favorites from past DC movies, just like they're already doing with Keaton in The Flash.

Do I think they would've stuck the landing on this or that it'd actually make a good movie? Eh. But I can see why on paper it's an appealing premise.
    They aren't playing up the nostalgia act because..of Erza.