Page 508 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 84084584985045055065075085095105115125185586081008 ... LastLast
Results 7,606 to 7,620 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Variety is saying it wasn’t a joke: https://twitter.com/adambvary/status...628211712?s=21
    Wouldn't call Variety a viable source, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/ezra-miller...league-1496351

A Reddit user claims to have witnessed the incident. If this is true, and it’s still a big IF as its unconfirmed, Ezra needs to go away. Find a new actor to play the Flash and move on.
    Whether it's true or not, his career is likely over anyway. It could be a total fabrication and just the accusation alone would likely ruin him.

And if it's true, then the bastard should be charged, tried, convicted, and punished accordingly. If he thinks he likes fighting, he'll get plenty of opportunity in prison. He won't enjoy that. He'll end up on somebody's leash within the first day.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Well I wanted a recasting, though preferably not under these circumstances.

If this is accurate, good riddance. Hope the woman is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Well looks like that Flash movie is never gonna happen. Ezra Miller choke some girl and slammed her.
    Huh. I did not see that coming.

His Flash peaked at the Crisis cameo, but now I'm foreseeing that that appearance is not going to age well. Crud .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Wouldn't call Variety a viable source, myself.
    I thought Variety and The Wrap were generally pretty reliable on this kind of stuff.

It really seems like Ezra was under the influence of alcohol or drugs. He needs to apologize asap. If this is the first time this happens and the woman is not hurt, maybe nothing major will happen. Everybody deserves another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huh. I did not see that coming.

His Flash peaked at the Crisis cameo, but now I'm foreseeing that that appearance is not going to age well. Crud .

I thought Variety and The Wrap were generally pretty reliable on this kind of stuff.
    They called Affleck and Cavill being out, so I’m inclined to give them some degree of repute.

Yeah, not sure where Variety being unreliable is coming from. They're off sometimes, but Deadline, The Hollywood Reporter and Variety are pretty much the 3 most reputable entertainment outlets. It's not like Bleedingcool or Wevegotthiscovered reporting on something.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Even if the woman comes forward later today and was all "No no, we were just playing around and it was all my idea and Miller is the sweetest guy ever" I think the dude's career is, at the very absolute least, going to take a massive blow. Odds are it's over either way.
    If she confirms that they were just playing around, IMO, this will all disappear quickly. If not, then WB will act accordingly (most likely not positively in regard to Miller).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I say it's unreliable just because of what it is; an entertainment outlet.

Give me a police report and official witness statement. Those I will consider reliable. When Variety says "this director will be making this movie," then I believe it, because they are good at what they do. But if Miller actually assaulted someone then we're entering different territory and I want something better than a magazine about celebrities and movies giving me the facts about it.

I'm not throwing shade at these guys, I'm just saying that when it comes to the law I have different standards. People could end up in jail over this, no one should be basing their opinion on something like Variety.

If she confirms that they were just playing around, IMO, this will all disappear quickly. If not, then WB will act accordingly (most likely not positively in regard to Miller).
    If they were just screwing around and it was all fun and games, then I hope it disappears quickly. It's damn poor taste to be grabbing a woman like that anyway, but I'd hope people would move on. If he's guilty of assault then WB sure as hell better act accordingly and cut all ties with him. If he's guilty, I hope he gets his ass kicked in prison twice a day.
    Last edited by Ascended; 04-06-2020 at 12:26 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Yeah, not sure where Variety being unreliable is coming from. They're off sometimes, but Deadline, The Hollywood Reporter and Variety are pretty much the 3 most reputable entertainment outlets. It's not like Bleedingcool or Wevegotthiscovered reporting on something.
    Agreed. They might be off here, but their record is better than most.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    My thinking as well.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

While real-world violence is obviously the greater concern, we should still discuss what this means for the future of DC films and a shared universe.

As far as the character is concerned, I view this as Barry getting a second chance at a more accurate big-screen depiction. A blond nerd who read comics growing up and is perhaps a bit corny and introverted, but who is also mature enough to take on a leadership role if necessary. It's not guaranteed, but the opportunity is there. (An absence of dead mama drama would be ideal but that's more plot than personality). I think many people felt Ezra wasn't terrible, but was overly modern, overly awkward, and overly immature.

As far as the broader DCEU, it's just another piece that falls away and makes it impossible for any pretense that the world envisioned in BvS and JL can continue beyond WW and Aquaman solo films. Affleck has departed, Cavill is still in limbo, Ray Fischer was spurned, and now Ezra will likely be cut. In some ways, fans viewed a Flashpoint-style movie as having the capacity to recast and reboot for a fresh continuity, but even that seems to be thrown out.

I didn't have much hope for a coherent DCEU in the near future, but this only cements its irreparable fragmentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    While real-world violence is obviously the greater concern, we should still discuss what this means for the future of DC films and a shared universe.

As far as the character is concerned, I view this as Barry getting a second chance at a more accurate big-screen depiction. A blond nerd who read comics growing up and is perhaps a bit corny and introverted, but who is also mature enough to take on a leadership role if necessary. It's not guaranteed, but the opportunity is there. (An absence of dead mama drama would be ideal but that's more plot than personality). I think many people felt Ezra wasn't terrible, but was overly modern, overly awkward, and overly immature.

As far as the broader DCEU, it's just another piece that falls away and makes it impossible for any pretense that the world envisioned in BvS and JL can continue beyond WW and Aquaman solo films. Affleck has departed, Cavill is still in limbo, Ray Fischer was spurned, and now Ezra will likely be cut. In some ways, fans viewed a Flashpoint-style movie as having the capacity to recast and reboot for a fresh continuity, but even that seems to be thrown out.

I didn't have much hope for a coherent DCEU in the near future, but this only cements its irreparable fragmentation.
    I could never really buy Ezra as The Flash, least of all as Barry Allen's Flash. I think a re-casting could do the property some good.

I would be disappointed if this retroactively ruined his cameo in Crisis.

Incredible Member

Between this and the amber heard clusterf*ck I'm just wondering if they should start over and just keep Gal Gadot, a shame too as I was looking forward to a potential flash film. I kinda figured he could do no wrong with appearing on the crisis TV special.

Didn’t really need another Flashpoint movie adaptation anyway. Though I’m not really sure what I make of that video. Could be really bad or a gag gone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Between this and the amber heard clusterf*ck I'm just wondering if they should start over and just keep Gal Gadot, a shame too as I was looking forward to a potential flash film. I kinda figured he could do no wrong with appearing on the crisis TV special.
    There's no reason for them to write out Mamoa or anyone else in that cast if they decide to move on from Heard.