Page 773 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2736737237637697707717727737747757767777838238731273 ... LastLast
Results 11,581 to 11,595 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    I don’t think the suits at WB actually want to make these movies. They probably look down on comic book movies as low rent which is the mentality that Tom Rothman had when he was running Fox and actively despised the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchises.
    Yeah, no, they just came off of the Dark Knight Trilogy. If anything the opposite is it true.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Yeah, no, they just came off of the Dark Knight Trilogy. If anything the opposite is it true.
    I think if anything that only indicates they'd have confidence in Batman, and even those movies were very toned down compared to how fantastical and super heroic Batman actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why is it so hard to make DC movies?
    They don't have any faith in any character not named Batman.

Those films sold themselves as being as realistic and grounded as possible with no connection to any other franchise with Batman as the only 'superhero' in that world.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Those films sold themselves as being as realistic and grounded as possible with no connection to any other franchise with Batman as the only 'superhero' in that world.
    They were basically action crime thrillers/dramas that happened to feature Batman

Which, hey, it worked and they were very good for what they are. But they didn't embrace the source material's absurdity in a loving way in the same manner Aquaman did.

Keep in mind, the claim being made was that WB views their superhero films as being 'low rent' box office trash. WB produced The Dark Knight trilogy and the Dark Knight is still the only superhero film that actively gets talked about as a work of cinema. Even throughout the DCEU, they clearly think superhero films should be elevated beyond just being blockbusters.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They don't have any faith in any character not named Batman.
    Wonder Woman and Aquaman are the ones getting the sequels aren't they?

But I see what you are saying. They already greenlit an HBO Max spin-off for The Batman...

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

But I see what you are saying. They already greenlit an HBO Max spin-off for The Batman...
    I think in Wonder Woman's case, they didn't have faith in it until it was released. I believe patty jenkins said they even expect it to fail.

So they have more faith in her and Aquaman now, but it still took them until 2017 to try even try a WW film.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think in Wonder Woman's case, they didn't have faith in it until it was released. I believe patty jenkins said they even expect it to fail.

So they have more faith in her and Aquaman now, but it still took them until 2017 to try even try a WW film.
    That's true. Even now, everyone else besides those two seem to be getting some sort of HBO Max extension, I guess WB wants them to stay as movies for now.

But I wonder of that Amazons spin-off Patty wants is being re-worked for HBO Max.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...ovie-exclusive

I feel like this kid is gonna be Osiris.

It boggles my mind that the DCEU and DC films in general are spoken about as being failing/dead when we have so many good films already made and so many more on the way. Like, I don't know any other fandom that behaves like this.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 04-09-2021 at 04:00 PM.

Incredible Member

It boggles my mind that the DCEU and DC film in general spoken about failing/dead when we have so many good films already made and so many more on the way. Like, I don't know any other fandom that behaves like this.
    Probably because we can't go two feet with out bringing up Snyder which breaksdown into sucks/doesn't suck discussion. You might and I mean might see a shift once The Suicide Squad and The Batman hit.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

Shazam 2, Black Adam, The Flash, Suicide Squad 2 (which also has a spin-off in Peacemaker), the Amazons are also getting a spin-off. Zatanna, Superman, and Static have writers, and Blue Beetle has a director.
    It's not all about Batman anymore.

It boggles my mind that the DCEU and DC films in general are spoken about as being failing/dead when we have so many good films already made and so many more on the way. Like, I don't know any other fandom that behaves like this.
    Because as we move forward, we're dragged back to Snyderton.

DC films in general aren't dead or without some recent successes (and potential future ones), but the DCEU as it was originally envisioned being dead (at least for now) seems pretty clear cut. WB even told us that themselves.

And all it takes is a casual glance at the Whedon/Fisher stuff and Terrio's recent interview to see that it's pretty much a shitshow behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Probably because we can't go two feet with out bringing up Snyder which breaksdown into sucks/doesn't suck discussion. You might and I mean might see a shift once The Suicide Squad and The Batman hit.
    I'm expecting a lot of people are not going to be able to shut up about Affleck when Pattinson's Batman is released. Ditto with whatever they are doing with Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Shazam 2, Black Adam, The Flash, Suicide Squad 2 (which also has a spin-off in Peacemaker), the Amazons are also getting a spin-off. Zatanna, Superman, and Static have writers, and Blue Beetle has a director.
    It's not all about Batman anymore.
    Hopefully WB will commit. With Zatanna and Static especially. I'm not worried about the rest too much.