To be honest I'd rather get more Mera than more Arthur and Orm, but that's just me.

Heck, I'd rather introduce Garth and build up that relationship than get an Arthur and Orm buddy comedy. And I like Orm.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Really? Is that script available? At the very least, Hamada says she was never a co-lead.

I'm mostly surprised about the "buddy comedy" descriptor for the film
    Amber said the first script was a larger role, her entertainment agent said it was a larger role and got cut down to her appearing in the beginning and the end.

They also try to say that she wasnt the co-lead in the first one and was just some supporting character even though she very much was. We also know she was supposed to be part of the rag tag JL team in JL2/3.

Even her name in the poster is right next to Jasons
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 05-24-2022 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Amber said the first script was a larger role, her entertainment agent said it was a larger role and got cut down to her appearing in the beginning and the end.

They also try to say that she wasnt the co-lead in the first one and was just some supporting character even though she very much was. We also know she was supposed to be part of the rag tag JL team in JL2/3.

Even her name in the poster is right next to Jasons

The first one it's no question, she is the co star. I'm just confused at who is telling the truth or not here. Hamada says Mera always had a limited role in Aquaman 2 and they were considering recasting. Amber Heard says she had a large role that was reduced more and more with new drafts.

I should also clarify that I'm only interested in talking about the movies and not the background of this court case

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    The first one it's no question, she is the co star. I'm just confused at who is telling the truth or not here. Hamada says Mera always had a limited role in Aquaman 2 and they were considering recasting. Amber Heard says she had a large role that was reduced more and more with new drafts.

I should also clarify that I'm only interested in talking about the movies and not the background of this court case
    That's the weird thing with them downplaying her role in the first movie. Hamada did say that the script went through different iterations so him saying that her role was always limited would technically be true since it changed before filming officially started. But why recast a role if it were always going to be small to the point you dont want her to even go to promotional events?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I say this as someone who finds the entire trial circus to be ridiculous, but you really gotta let go of this notion that every bit of bad news or criticism involving anything or anyone even tangentially related to the DCEU is from "anti-DCEU" shills. The overwhelming majority of the vitriol for Heard is from Johnny Depp fans, so I have no idea how anyone can spin that into it being an attack from Marvel fans or whatever the hell the implication is.
    I agree that most people engaging in toxic behavior surrounding this court case are Depp stans that have parasocial relationship with a celebrity. All I'm saying is people are using this trial to ferment more DC doomerism in a community constantly under siege by bad faith actors. I wouldn't have brought this up if this wasn't a DC forum.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    A certain director's fanbase love making a mountain out of a molehill for most things related to DC on the internetz so may as well avoid an actor who is recently touched by controversy. DC has already got enough of those.
    The incident with Munn didn't seem to be that controversial.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 05-24-2022 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    That's the weird thing with them downplaying her role in the first movie. Hamada did say that the script went through different iterations so him saying that her role was always limited would technically be true since it changed before filming officially started. But why recast a role if it were always going to be small to the point you dont want her to even go to promotional events?
    Perhaps for the sake of future installments. Mera not being a main character in Aquaman 2 doesn't mean she won't be a main character in a potential sequel, especially given some of the spoilers considering the developments for both characters in the 2nd movie. If they try to go for that famous story in the future there's no way Mera can't be heavily featured in it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-25-2022 at 01:28 AM.

Hamada isn't very credible to me. His handling of the many WB controversies is filled with untruths and bad moments.

I could see Mera's role being secondary in a sequel if the original idea was a buddy comedy, but I have no doubt that her role was further reduced in subsequent versions of the script. That's just common sense with the level of controversy following her.

Quote Originally Posted by postfutureshock View Post
    Hamada isn't very credible to me. His handling of the many WB controversies is filled with untruths and bad moments.

I could see Mera's role being secondary in a sequel if the original idea was a buddy comedy, but I have no doubt that her role was further reduced in subsequent versions of the script. That's just common sense with the level of controversy following her.
    I agree with you about Hamada, his tenure has been riddled with controversy and I did not like his handling of the Justice League investigation. But in the US is it not illegal to lie on the witness stand?

I'm morbidly curious, has Ray Fisher commented on any of this?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    No he has a job right now

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    His last tweet was about Hamada but unrelated to Amber Heard:
    https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/statu...27590233444352

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Warner Bros. Discovery Puts Pressure on J.J. Abrams

J.J. Abrams’ Demimonde, the first show the prolific producer has written since Fringe in 2008, is on the bubble at HBO as sources say Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav is frustrated by the lack of output from Bad Robot’s $250 million overall deal.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the budget for HBO’s Demimonde — which has been in the works since 2018 — is a source of contention as Abrams’ Bad Robot is eyeing a spend that’s north of $200 million. By comparison, the budget for HBO’s upcoming Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon is less than $200 million.

A decision on whether the sci-fi drama Demimonde will move forward is expected to come this week. The series cast Station Eleven and Watchmen alum Danielle Deadwyler in April and sources say studio Warner Bros. TV has reviewed 10 of the eight scripts for the drama that landed at HBO with a straight-to-series order two weeks after being shopped to buyers.

Bad Robot’s rich overall deal with Warner Bros. Discovery is currently not in jeopardy though the lack of output has created a larger discussion about what the newly merged company expects to stem from the pact. Zaslav, sources say, was frustrated with the lack of delivery from the deal that was signed back in September 2019 after Abrams and Bad Robot met with suitors including Apple as they shopped for a rich new pact.

Abrams has multiple projects in the works under the company-wide deal, with Demimonde joining an adult animated Batman series that reunites Abrams with his Felicity collaborator and friend Matt Reeves (who is behind The Batman feature film). Abrams and Bad Robot are also working on originals including HBO Max’s Subject to Change. Both of those dramas are based on original ideas from Abrams and have formal series orders. Abrams is directing the pilot for Demimonde, which has already changed showrunners. Other projects include a U2 scripted series that the studio is producing for Netflix, Apple’s Presumed Innocent and crime drama Duster for HBO Max as the production company Abrams runs with partner (and wife) Katie McGrath is also behind HBO Max’s DC Comics-based Justice League Dark franchise, which features shows including Constantine and Madame X.

Sources say the DC Comics properties have also come under the spotlight. Sources suggest there is some frustration within the halls of Warner Bros. Discovery that Abrams has laid claim to a number of DC characters but has yet to get anything on the air. Sources note Warners has seen scripts for Constantine and the pilot of Madame X.

Meanwhile, the lack of delivery on content to HBO and HBO Max has created a pipeline issue for both the premium cable network and streamer, make it challenging to plan for budgets for things like marketing. There’s currently no delivery plan for any of Bad Robot’s multiple projects for WBD platforms or for third-party buyers. Abrams, it’s worth noting, is working on a new Star Trek movie for rival studio Paramount Global as the Warners pact was did not include exclusivity.

In a larger sense, Zaslav is putting all of the studio’s overall deals under the microscope as he looks to trim $3 billion from the newly merged Warner Bros. Discovery. Other rich pacts at the studio include Greg Berlanti’s $400 million deal, of which Warners has already seen scores of shows and movies debut on linear and streaming platforms.

Bad Robot, it’s worth noting, has been rapidly expanding into divisions including gaming and podcasting.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ms-1235153965/

If it were between getting rid of Abrams or Berlanti, I say Berlanti, even though I love Doom Patrol.

Abrams isn't a good director but has a stellar track record in TV and film production. I say let him take his time.

But personally, I'd rather have a singular JLD series than a bunch of spin-offs.

That's pretty damning right there
    Game of thrones is one of the biggest media franchises in the 2000s and yet the new prequel still manages to come under budget vs a tv show that is likely not even going to have a 1/3 of the impact

WB Discovery is gonna crack down on DC properties pretty hard when the shoe finally drops
    If people think its bad now they haven't seen anything
    Last edited by Nite-Wing; 05-25-2022 at 11:28 AM.