Page 853 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3537538038438498508518528538548558568578639039531353 ... LastLast
Results 12,781 to 12,795 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I like the Snyder films but I very much want to see Henry as Superman in a non-Snyder movie. Regardless of which JL is canon, that table is set.

I guess if Cavill got another chance he’d try to bring MacQuarrie back too? Maybe that could be good, I don’t know, just weary of taking another chance on this guy. He’s too tied up with Snyder to really succeed in his own imo, the Snyder fans will throw a fit if he actually did get to start being a more traditional Supes.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Michael B. Jordan Developing His Own Black Superman Project for HBO Max

Michael B. Jordan and his production company Outlier Society are developing their own Black Superman project for HBO Max that centers on the Val-Zod incarnation of the character, Collider has exclusively learned.

Sources say that Outlier Society has hired a writer who is currently working on the script, though we were unable to ascertain their identity. It's unclear whether the Val-Zod project will be a movie or a limited series, but either way, Jordan will produce and he may even star, though he has yet to officially commit on the latter front.

Full article: https://collider.com/michael-b-jorda...l-zod-hbo-max/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Michael B. Jordan Developing His Own Black Superman Project for HBO Max

Michael B. Jordan and his production company Outlier Society are developing their own Black Superman project for HBO Max that centers on the Val-Zod incarnation of the character, Collider has exclusively learned.

Sources say that Outlier Society has hired a writer who is currently working on the script, though we were unable to ascertain their identity. It's unclear whether the Val-Zod project will be a movie or a limited series, but either way, Jordan will produce and he may even star, though he has yet to officially commit on the latter front.

Full article: https://collider.com/michael-b-jorda...l-zod-hbo-max/
    Damn two of them? Will this be the replacement for Cavill I wonder? Also are they sure it’s Val, I remember Jordan name dropping Calvin as the guy he wanted to play.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I guess if Cavill got another chance he’d try to bring MacQuarrie back too? Maybe that could be good, I don’t know, just weary of taking another chance on this guy. He’s too tied up with Snyder to really succeed in his own imo, the Snyder fans will throw a fit if he actually did get to start being a more traditional Supes.
    Ugh, I hate to say it, but this is kind of true. Cavill is tied up with Snyder in the cultural imagination. Detractors might find something to hate just based on that, whereas the fans might just hate that Snyder isn't the one at the helm. Meanwhile of course, actually bringing Snyder back would, while very fun and cool for me and a lot of other fans, basically be a tried and proven recipe for contentious fandom infighting.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

The fact that they are simultaneously developing projects about two different Supermen while being unable to do the original Superman justice on the big screen is just disgraceful. That said I hope MBJ does end up taking the role. If so, this would be No. 3 for him now? Human Torch, Killmonger and Val-Zod. Oh, he voiced Cyborg in Flashpoint Paradox too.

Damn two of them? Will this be the replacement for Cavill I wonder?
    He can be a replacement if the series they are developing is set in the main DCEU.

Also are they sure it’s Val, I remember Jordan name dropping Calvin as the guy he wanted to play.
    Yeah he suggested to use a black SM from another Earth like Calvin instead of raceswapping SM.

He can be a replacement if the series they are developing is set in the main DCEU.

Yeah he suggested to use a black SM from another Earth like Calvin instead of raceswapping SM.
    I’m kind of hoping they got the black Superman he’s playing wrong because I love Calvin and would prefer he get a series over Val. Jesus the Tom Taylor influence on Superman is making my stomach twist into knots lol. But given that Val plays a Superman who replaces Clark, and HBO Max stuff can take place in the DCEU, I think you’re right, I think this may be a replacement for Cavill as Superman in the DCEU. Means that Coates project is kind of dead in the water now though, why support a racebend Clark when you can support an original black Superman who may even get to be the “main” guy?

I’m kind of hoping they got the black Superman he’s playing wrong because I love Calvin and would prefer he get a series over Val. Jesus the Tom Taylor influence on Superman is making my stomach twist into knots lol. But given that Val plays a Superman who replaces Clark, and HBO Max stuff can take place in the DCEU, I think you’re right, I think this may be a replacement for Cavill as Superman in the DCEU. Means that Coates project is kind of dead in the water now though, why support a racebend Clark when you can support an original black Superman who may even get to be the “main” guy?
    Well, Coates and Jordan's projects are different; one is theatrical movie (?), the other is an HBO Max limited series. We don't know when (and if) they'll come out and which one will come out first. I don't think there'll be an overlap of the 2 projects anyway.

Well, Coates and Jordan's projects are different; one is theatrical movie (?), the other is an HBO Max limited series. We don't know when (and if) they'll come out and which one will come out first. I don't think there'll be an overlap of the 2 projects anyway.
    Speaking more to the division I see in the black community about whether changing the race of white characters is preferable to uplifting original black characters. There’s a lot of arguments I’ve seen over it. With Val now they’ve got a black Superman to support that’s original, so does Coates get left out in the cold? The Snyder fans are fuming either way, so they won’t be showing up for either take as long as Cavill is out of work.

Coates is probably further along unless WB is having second thoughts about doing this reboot. MBJ is probably focusing on Static first, and then this new Superman project will be targeting 2024 or thereabouts.

Speaking more to the division I see in the black community about whether changing the race of white characters is preferable to uplifting original black characters. There’s a lot of arguments I’ve seen over it. With Val now they’ve got a black Superman to support that’s original, so does Coates get left out in the cold? The Snyder fans are fuming either way, so they won’t be showing up for either take as long as Cavill is out of work.

Coates is probably further along unless WB is having second thoughts about doing this reboot. MBJ is probably focusing on Static first, and then this new Superman project will be targeting 2024 or thereabouts.
    It's said Coates will submit to WB the first draft of the script this December and they are already looking for a director. If the script doesn't need many rewrites, the movie could be out in 2023/4, I guess. Wonder if it's supposed to be a one-off or a trilogy. Doubt WB is going to have second thoughts with Abrams involved.

Good for Jordan! He didn’t want to settle for a race changed Clark Kent when there are so many underutilized POC characters out there like Val Zod.

Two separate black Superman productions? And Sasah Calle's Supergirl?

WB has really given up on the traditional Superman on film.

It's said Coates will submit to WB the first draft of the script this December and they are already looking for a director. If the script doesn't need many rewrites, the movie could be out in 2023/4, I guess. Wonder if it's supposed to be a one-off or a trilogy. Doubt WB is going to have second thoughts with Abrams involved.
    They’re well aware of the push back though. Not saying it will change anything, but they may have greenlit this as a backup plan. Abrams presumably has a lot of clout but then once upon a time so did Snyder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Two separate black Superman productions? And Sasah Calle's Supergirl?

WB has really given up on the traditional Superman on film.
    Unless we’re going to be getting an announcement that Cavill is in Black Adam and those MoS2 rumors turn out to be legit, I think we can safely say yeah, there’s zero plans for a traditional take in the next 10 years or so. Doesn’t bother me, their film side decisions on Superman have been terrible.

Unless we’re going to be getting an announcement that Cavill is in Black Adam and those MoS2 rumors turn out to be legit, I think we can safely say yeah, there’s zero plans for a traditional take in the next 10 years or so. Doesn’t bother me, their film side decisions on Superman have been terrible.
    Supes seems to be doing better on TV anyhow.