Page 1001 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 501901951991997998999100010011002100310041005101110511101 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,015 of 20948

Well, we've already seen her on-set, may as well just confirm it .

I thought they had already cast Alysia?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Hey, take it up with the brilliant script.

Holy crap. This sounds like it was written by an angsty 15 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Holy crap. This sounds like it was written by an angsty 15 year old.
    Seriously think what we got was the better version of that movie.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I thought they had already cast Alysia?
    I think she was seen on-set but they're only now confirming the casting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    I don't disagree with your analysis, but Bruce was allowed to fully recover from his back being broken. The same should be allowed for Barbara. Even as it is now, her microchip malfunctioning is conveniently used when whoever wants to bench her. Yes, Barbara is amazing as Oracle. But there's no need to rush into that direction. They're going with a Burnside outfit for a reason. While this will be in Gotham and requisitely "dark", I doubt she'll be overly broody and they'll play up her fun and intelligence/tech skill. She's the Dominoed Daredoll and hopefully she enjoys a couple of media projects as Batgirl before the inevitable...
    I did say that any Killing Joke adaptation should come much further down the line.

But as to your other point, the difference between Barbara becoming paralyzed in TKJ and Bruce getting his back broken in Knightfall is that Barbara lived with her disability for years, in both comic book time and in real time. Bruce was out of commission for only a few months, whereas Barbara was paralyzed and serving as Oracle for literally over 20 years of real time. In that time, she was able to become an icon for the handicapped community, unlike Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Can we get the first movie in the theaters first before fans of other Batgirls call for Babs to take over the secondary role of Oracle?
    Again, I did say that if TKJ is adapted, it should come much later down the line. The biggest issue with BvS was that they pulled the "kill Superman" trigger way too early. They should have let him build up his image as Superman, a hero that everyone loves, before killing him off. I mean, that's what made the Death of Superman arc in the comics so powerful: that it was the loss of an icon who everyone loved.

So, if they do adapt TKJ, it should come after Barbara is well established as Batgirl, because that is what would make it much more tragic.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 01-24-2022 at 10:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    I did say that any Killing Joke adaptation should come much further down the line.

But as to your other point, the difference between Barbara becoming paralyzed in TKJ and Bruce getting his back broken in Knightfall is that Barbara lived with her disability for years, in both comic book time and in real time. Bruce was out of commission for only a few months, whereas Barbara was paralyzed and serving as Oracle for literally over 20 years of real time. In that time, she was able to become an icon for the handicapped community, unlike Bruce.

Again, I did say that if TKJ is adapted, it should come much later down the line. The biggest issue with BvS was that they pulled the "kill Superman" trigger way too early. They should have let him build up his image as Superman, a hero that everyone loves, before killing him off. I mean, that's what made the Death of Superman arc in the comics so powerful: that it was the loss of an icon who everyone loved.

So, if they do adapt TKJ, it should come after Barbara is well established as Batgirl, because that is what would make it much more tragic.
    Why would she need to be Oracle when we have Bruce Wayne in the cave working behind the scenes providing support…..

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why would she need to be Oracle when we have Bruce Wayne in the cave working behind the scenes providing support…..
    Everybody's got to have somebody in a chair at this point.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post

Well, as my last comment hinted at, we need to see how the first Batgirl movie is received before we think about replacing her at any point. Having said that, I think Babs becoming Oracle would follow more like Batman Beyond (an old Barbara confined to a wheelchair due to a stroke, i.e.) than what we saw in the comics.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Hey, take it up with the brilliant script.

Did Ayer actually write this or is this fanfic?

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Looks like he wrote it
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Didn't Ayer say that everything good in the Suicide Squad script is his and everything bad was mandated by DC/WB? Or did that only apply to Snyder and BvS?

As far as I know Snyder and Terrio’s defense of BVS was that the studio cut out a lot of the vital connective tissue that made things hang together better. Now that’s still debatable (“Martha! Save Martha!”, Superman’s characterization problems and literally all of the stuff with Luthor are still there), but it doesn’t sound like they blamed studio rewrites for the movie’s reception. Suicide Squad and Justice League were where the studio rewrites were blamed. But, the released script pages from Ayer’s draft and everything he’s written or directed since then leads me to believe SS had problems beyond the studio meddling.

I have HBO Max now and I like it a lot. I noticed a lot of DC movies are leaving next month probably to cable for a few months. Will probably finally watch Shazam before that happens. HBO is the cream of this platform though. It's pretty much single handedly carrying it along with Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. Hopefully there's more DC content coming in the future as 'Max Originals' I assume